Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

    This is all subjective nonsense..
    You're right.

    He ranks 13th in passing yards therefore he's the 13th ranked QB in the NFL. That's good enough for me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

      You're right.

      He ranks 13th in passing yards therefore he's the 13th ranked QB in the NFL. That's good enough for me.
      LOL, I left that one where it laid but it's now nice to see unsurprisingly it was probably only the tip of the iceberg of things that sail over your head.

      Comment


      • I thought the thread title was Eli's receivers have 27 drops.
        Long Live the King

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TE88 View Post

          as long as we get good player(s) I don’t care. There will always be guys we could have gotten. The key is not to bust on those you do pick.....
          True, but taking an all pro OG isn't nearly as valuable as drafting a good QB. Not great, even just good who will get better over time.

          Drafting in the top 3 is rare.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

            True, but taking an all pro OG isn't nearly as valuable as drafting a good QB. Not great, even just good who will get better over time.

            Drafting in the top 3 is rare.
            Well I don’t think there is much chance of that. I think he is likely not trading out of the 2 spot. As you said, rare opportunity. Whether it is Darnold, Rosen, or Barkley I think he is going to use this chance to get one of the top players in this draft. None of those top players are OL.

            i think a bit of the OL hysteria in the NFL will start to die down now. Teams thought it would be an easy “hit” to take OL other than LTs high and it has been blowing up in teams faces. As you said the value just isn’t there. You can build a really good OL with FA and mid round picks. Bona-fide LT prospects are the only OL truly worth a first round pick in 90% of cases....IMO.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

              No.

              He was average in 2015 vs GB even if you factor in the drops.

              He was unreal in 2011-12

              He was godawful dismal in 2008-09 vs the Eagles

              He was unreal in 2007-08
              Not that it matters but in 2007 Eli played well in the playoffs but I wouldn't categorize his play as unreal. That description suits the end of the Super Bowl only.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

                Not that it matters but in 2007 Eli played well in the playoffs but I wouldn't categorize his play as unreal. That description suits the end of the Super Bowl only.
                Great game against Dallas in Dallas (I remember thinking we were gonna take it when we had that drive at the end of the first half)
                Gutty game in Green Bay (one of the definitive cold weather QB's struggled more than Eli did)
                SB? NE had a bend but don't break D, but when we needed to score, we drove down and scored.

                Unreal? Not gonna argue that, but you can make a case he played better than Garcia, Romo, Favre, and Brady in 4 consecutive games.


                EDIT: if they had guts, they would have made the Defense the player of the game in the SB

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                  Great game against Dallas in Dallas (I remember thinking we were gonna take it when we had that drive at the end of the first half)
                  Gutty game in Green Bay (one of the definitive cold weather QB's struggled more than Eli did)
                  SB? NE had a bend but don't break D, but when we needed to score, we drove down and scored.

                  Unreal? Not gonna argue that, but you can make a case he played better than Garcia, Romo, Favre, and Brady in 4 consecutive games.


                  EDIT: if they had guts, they would have made the Defense the player of the game in the SB
                  Completely agree with that last point. I thought if anyone should’ve been MVP it should’ve been Tuck. As for Eli put a line in front of him I think he could still games.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TE88 View Post

                    Well I don’t think there is much chance of that. I think he is likely not trading out of the 2 spot. As you said, rare opportunity. Whether it is Darnold, Rosen, or Barkley I think he is going to use this chance to get one of the top players in this draft. None of those top players are OL.

                    i think a bit of the OL hysteria in the NFL will start to die down now. Teams thought it would be an easy “hit” to take OL other than LTs high and it has been blowing up in teams faces. As you said the value just isn’t there. You can build a really good OL with FA and mid round picks. Bona-fide LT prospects are the only OL truly worth a first round pick in 90% of cases....IMO.
                    While I agree about Darnold, Rosen, and Barkley (despite I think its very poor value to take Barkley when the RB class is as deep as it is) Quentin Nelson (OG) is the best player in the draft regardless of position IMO.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by river555 View Post

                      Gettleman put himself on the spot by saying he would make a decision on Eli after he watches the film...
                      He may have put himself of the spot but that is exactly what he should do. The tape doesn't lie

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

                        watching the games/film shows it all
                        little WR separation, drops galore, a sieve of an o-line
                        a run game that was mostly invisible except for 2 maybe 3 games
                        drive killing penalties...the works

                        but Garoppolo would have fixed all that if he'd come to the Giants

                        did I get all that right?
                        All true but I guess you saw absolutely nothing from Eli play the last 3 years, not to mention last year at 11-5. Ppl point what you pointed out to excuse Eli poor play but we all know who Eli is and we all watch the games with the same confused look on our face. Eli is HOT and COLD, GOOD and BAD, UP and DOWN. Highly inconsistent for a 14 year vet. IMO

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

                          He may have put himself of the spot but that is exactly what he should do. The tape doesn't lie
                          The message there is that if DG doesn't do what I want it's not because of the tape, it's because he's an idiot.

                          I don;t care what he does as long as it's in the best interests of the team long term. And I trust him to know that better than everyone here. Just as I did with Reese. I have to and frankly I don't think it's an unreasonable position.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

                            The message there is that if DG doesn't do what I want it's not because of the tape, it's because he's an idiot.

                            I don;t care what he does as long as it's in the best interests of the team long term. And I trust him to know that better than everyone here. Just as I did with Reese. I have to and frankly I don't think it's an unreasonable position.
                            lmbo!! Spoken like a typical fan. smirk

                            Comment


                            • [QUOTE=river555;n3054359]forget the stats...just need to watch Eli and the rest of the QBs and you'll see a big difference....QBs are supposed to make players around him better...be a leader on the field....fire up his team mates during critical times in a game....still make plays when protection breaks down...extend a play....run for a first down on 3rd down when flushed out of the pocket....make a great play out of nothing and change momentum of a game in your favor...most NFL QBs one way or another have this in their game......2016/17 Eli didnt do any of this, he has nothing left....[/Q100tE]
                              Yo hat was beautiful and I agree 100 percent.

                              Comment


                              • With all the drops, the third string receivers, the poor OL play , and Eli's classic inaccuracy, it's hard to judge how Eli would do with sure handed, first string receivers and a good OL. But we know the lack of accuracy is something that's not going away; which is why maybe Eli should. If he's back next year, as I think he will be, then we'll see if his play is suddenly elevated. A good QB should be able to put up some points at some point over a two year span, ESPECIALLY with the schedule we had last year (2016). Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while; unless the blind squirrel is named Eli. I'm mentally prepared for one more year of sub-par offense. I hope I'm wrong.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X