Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Well I donít think there is much chance of that. I think he is likely not trading out of the 2 spot. As you said, rare opportunity. Whether it is Darnold, Rosen, or Barkley I think he is going to use this chance to get one of the top players in this draft. None of those top players are OL.

i think a bit of the OL hysteria in the NFL will start to die down now. Teams thought it would be an easy ďhitĒ to take OL other than LTs high and it has been blowing up in teams faces. As you said the value just isnít there. You can build a really good OL with FA and mid round picks. Bona-fide LT prospects are the only OL truly worth a first round pick in 90% of cases....IMO.
    You have your hits, but there have been a lot of misses at very high positions in the draft also - picking at LT in the top 5. But I think you're supporting what I've been trying to get at which is, the point of building an OL isn't to be the '92 Cowboys. It's to build a line that is good "enough". They may not be great, which is ok. They may give up a bad sack and cause a back to lose yards some, but as a whoie they do enough to get the job done.

The OL is a unit. You can have a bunch of average players and have a decent OL.
    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• [QUOTE=Diamondring;n3057328]
      Originally posted by river555 View Post
      forget the stats...just need to watch Eli and the rest of the QBs and you'll see a big difference....QBs are supposed to make players around him better...be a leader on the field....fire up his team mates during critical times in a game....still make plays when protection breaks down...extend a play....run for a first down on 3rd down when flushed out of the pocket....make a great play out of nothing and change momentum of a game in your favor...most NFL QBs one way or another have this in their game......2016/17 Eli didnt do any of this, he has nothing left....[/Q100tE]
      wrong....
      most dont thats why there are the top three and then top 5 then a drop off.
      I agree Eli wasnt very good but to say most QBs is entirely wrong
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

wrong....
        most dont thats why there are the top three and then top 5 then a drop off.
        I agree Eli wasnt very good but to say most QBs is entirely wrong
        This is true. Perhaps our expectations of Eli were too high. I know mine were - especially after 2011. There are plenty of QBs that are being paid a lot of money that aren't Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, etc. You have your Alex Smith's, Tannehill's, Flacco's, etc. But what set Eli apart from the lower half was his "clutch" gene that those folks don't have. So Eli was kind of a category all by himself. That's what made comparing him difficult. But now, that he lost his clutch gene, he's pretty pedestrian.
        http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
        http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
        http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

This is true. Perhaps our expectations of Eli were too high. I know mine were - especially after 2011. There are plenty of QBs that are being paid a lot of money that aren't Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Ben, etc. You have your Alex Smith's, Tannehill's, Flacco's, etc. But what set Eli apart from the lower half was his "clutch" gene that those folks don't have. So Eli was kind of a category all by himself. That's what made comparing him difficult. But now, that he lost his clutch gene, he's pretty pedestrian.
          thread is about QB rankings in 2018....2011 Eli was top 5...2018 Eli about 27th...

Comment

Expectations werent high they were there because he had show what he could do.

I think Eli has lost his mojo. He has always been an enigma but like you said what set him apart was his clutch play and series where he just lit it up.
            Until further notice he has lost that tangible
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

You have your hits, but there have been a lot of misses at very high positions in the draft also - picking at LT in the top 5. But I think you're supporting what I've been trying to get at which is, the point of building an OL isn't to be the '92 Cowboys. It's to build a line that is good "enough". They may not be great, which is ok. They may give up a bad sack and cause a back to lose yards some, but as a whoie they do enough to get the job done.

The OL is a unit. You can have a bunch of average players and have a decent OL.
              Our last good Ol was primarily FAs. OíHara, Seubert, MacKenize - all FAs. Snee 2nd rounder (right?) and Diehl mid rounder + Beatty (3rd round I believe).

Our current OL has two first round picks and an early second on it and they suck big time.

like you said itís a unit. You build it as a unit, not just injecting individuals

Comment

• No surprise. He's had some great games - some great throws - some great luck.
                Currently - he stinks. The writing is on the wall. Some haven't found the wall yet.

I have a good feeling about Webb.

Trade down get picks -

Get two of 3 - Top Olineman - Nick Chubb - Baker Mayfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by river555 View Post

Gettleman put himself on the spot by saying he would make a decision on Eli after he watches the film...
                  If Gettleman see's Eli's film of 4 of the past 5 season's he will be drafting a Quarterback but if he cherry picks Eli's good games wich aren't many then you know it doesn't matter how eli plays they're going to force feed us ELI.

Comment

• Eli stinks... I love the Giants but he is what he is. Over paid average QB. If his name ain't Manning we wouldn't care. He will be a giants next year but don't expect a pro bowl season from him. He is what he has always been. He needs synchronized running game and a great defense to get into the post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by OGMen4life View Post
                      Eli stinks...
                      . He needs synchronized running game and a great defense to get into the post season.
                      so just like every team that are in the playoffs this weekend......
                      All but one have top 10 rushing and defense. The lowest in any category is 13th
                      I get that Eli hasnt been playing well but your statement is kind of a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by OGMen4life View Post
                        Eli stinks...
                        As any QB would given what Eli has had to work with .Please provide facts to the otherwise?

Comment

Working...
                        X