Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by compaqnigg View Post
    It has to be an explanation for that stat. It's not that the offensive line is pass protecting well, its that Eli is getting the ball out of his hands incredibly fast. If you are getting the ball out quickly so that you aren't being touched or sacked often, that would mean you are one of the least pressured QBs in football. Doesn't that make sense?
    Yes but I must question the actual value of that as used by the Giants.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

      The Giants threw a 20yd pass ?
      Yes, we just never complete them apparently.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

        Thanks, I read it.

        I knew they werenít using PFF for subjective ratings. Clearly, some of their services do have value though.
        Yes. I can line a bird cage with it in 2.7 seconds. How about you?



        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

          Yes. I can line a bird cage with it in 2.7 seconds. How about you?
          Iím not a fan of domestic birds. And Iím not really up to speed on bird law.

          I do love a good loyal dog though. And those crates need lining.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

            Yes but I must question the actual value of that as used by the Giants.
            Hereís what Iím interested to see.

            The GM who is a known film junkie has stated that he is not only going to review the films but will also make unemotional decisions based on what is best for the Giants. I am all in with that and will agree with and support whatever decision he makes around the QB position because the one thing we can all be certain of is that he has forgotten more about what it takes to run a pro football team than anyone here will ever know.

            The reactions to his decision will be very interesting. I wonít be the least bit reluctant to say I was wrong for thinking he is still a good QB in this presume every poster here will probably react similarly. Or not.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by river555 View Post

              i agree...so why do so many still want him?
              Their living in 2011.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
                If the Giants go with Geno next year, they win 4 or 5 games, tops.
                2X what they won this year. But that's not the point. It's that even an assumed mediocre QB looked as good/better than Eli. In that case what justified the commitment to Eli over someone new at the position? (Not saying his replacement is necessarily Geno). I said it early in the season: Oline was being unfairly blamed for Eli's deficiencies.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

                  Hereís what Iím interested to see.

                  The GM who is a known film junkie has stated that he is not only going to review the films but will also make unemotional decisions based on what is best for the Giants. I am all in with that and will agree with and support whatever decision he makes around the QB position because the one thing we can all be certain of is that he has forgotten more about what it takes to run a pro football team than anyone here will ever know.

                  The reactions to his decision will be very interesting. I wonít be the least bit reluctant to say I was wrong for thinking he is still a good QB in this presume every poster here will probably react similarly. Or not.
                  The film junkie also gave 55M to a OT thats worse than Flowers in the offseason...

                  Lets hope he makes the right decision with the #2 pick

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

                    I honestly believe if Eli had the 95 Cowboys offensive line he would still be a middle of the pack QB. A great offensive line is not going to fix his mobility or accuracy.
                    How do you know his accuracy isn't impacted by tight coverage because we have to get rid of the ball quickly? A wr can't really create any separation that fast.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Southern Living View Post
                      If the Giants go with Geno next year, they win 4 or 5 games, tops.
                      Geno's win percentage this year is 0 and he played against a bad defense and team. Extrapolate that to 16 games and we are the winless browns with geno as our qb.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I want to see him in a real offensive system that accentuates his best talent: reading the line of scrimmage and setting up the play.
                        ​​​​​​
                        I'm not ready to give up on him just yet, and the primary reason why is because imo whoever the next qb would benefit greatly by sitting a year or two.

                        Eli isn't the future. But he is the present. The future needd to sit and marinate with the new coach for a bit.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          From last season according to PFF who says Eli was the one of the least pressured QBís in the league while posting the lowest completion percentage for throws 20 yards or more.

                          Interestingly enough there was no mention of our depleted WR corps.

                          Unsurprisingly, PFF is calling on the Giants to move on from Eli.

                          As if any of these bozoís ever had to a make a football decision in their life.
                          No mention of the Bobby Hart factor (swinging gate at the end of the O line)

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            For the last 4 years Eli has been getting an exorbitant amount of pressure. I don't have to rely on anything else other than the fact that I watch every game if possible. We all know what can happen to a QB that has experienced a similar situation. It can get into their head and they may never recover.

                            To me, it is obvious that Eli can still make all the throws. My concern is will he ever be able to get back to stepping into his throws if and when the protection finally arrives. A few on this board may be right and he may be done, but I don't think we will ever know for sure until the situation changes and his first thought when he drops back is scanning the field for open receivers and not the DL for open rushers.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

                              How do you know his accuracy isn't impacted by tight coverage because we have to get rid of the ball quickly? A wr can't really create any separation that fast.
                              Then Eli must throw a more accurate pass that only the receiver could catch the ball, throw the it away, take the sack or move away feom pressure if he can.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by GCGiant View Post
                                For the last 4 years Eli has been getting an exorbitant amount of pressure. I don't have to rely on anything else other than the fact that I watch every game if possible. We all know what can happen to a QB that has experienced a similar situation. It can get into their head and they may never recover.

                                To me, it is obvious that Eli can still make all the throws. My concern is will he ever be able to get back to stepping into his throws if and when the protection finally arrives. A few on this board may be right and he may be done, but I don't think we will ever know for sure until the situation changes and his first thought when he drops back is scanning the field for open receivers and not the DL for open rushers.
                                The guy can't freaking move. He's the most immobile QB in the league. Can't even sneak if for 1/2th a yard...something even Brady routinely does. An Easter island statue (look it up) for QB would make any OLine seem bad

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X