Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I don't think that Eli is all that either, but this oline has been garbage for a hot minute, especially at the tackle position. I wouldn't wish Hart and Flowers on my worst enemy.
    Yeah for the most part the OL has been hot garbage that is why Eli has been getting the ball out very quickly which masked tbe ineptness. As the season went along and some other players were plugged into the line it seemed to look better giving Eli a little more time but yoi would never know it because the practice squad receivers could not get separation consistently...

Comment

Originally posted by StewieZ View Post
      The stats might be bogus but that fact is Eli has serious flaws. Seems like the fans that call WFAN and the people on here adore Eli. We can never get rid of him and nothing is his fault. The experts seem to disagree. I'm hoping Gettleman is in agreement with the experts.
      No they don't disagree,from a man they have all said Eli or any QB could not have succeeded in the situation he was put in by management, add in a brain dead Head Coach and it's a recipe for disaster.

Comment

more cherry picked garbage stats for the mob to wring their hands about

honestly I do look forward to the post Eli days, and then for the next set of "analysis" the mob brings

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

Yeah for the most part the OL has been hot garbage that is why Eli has been getting the ball out very quickly which masked tbe ineptness. As the season went along and some other players were plugged into the line it seemed to look better giving Eli a little more time but yoi would never know it because the practice squad receivers could not get separation consistently...
          watching the games/film shows it all
          little WR separation, drops galore, a sieve of an o-line
          a run game that was mostly invisible except for 2 maybe 3 games
          drive killing penalties...the works

but Garoppolo would have fixed all that if he'd come to the Giants

did I get all that right?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Nope. O-line not bad as many people make it seem.
            it is every bit as bad as the experts have pointed out (not this board, actual experts that know the game...better than you)

Comment

The only reason I click on PFF threads is to say that PFF is absolute garbage.......absolutely amazes me that articles and outlets cite their "analytics".....

Comment

Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

watching the games/film shows it all
                little WR separation, drops galore, a sieve of an o-line
                a run game that was mostly invisible except for 2 maybe 3 games
                drive killing penalties...the works

but Garoppolo would have fixed all that if he'd come to the Giants

did I get all that right?
                You most certainly did and good point about the "drops galore" which I failed to mention...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Where these qbs pressured? They all had a running game and healthy wrs.

A bad running game will also put more pressure on a passing game. These qbs ran a full offense while we ran something McDoofus found in his menu.

Without looking at the entire context these numbers are as valuable as your google search. Hint starts with a T ends with a rash.
                  No doubt that Eli was at a major disadvantage this year. He had Engram and Shepard for some of the time. But he did have a healthy team the first 4 1/2 games and he was still unproductive.

I would say this...Eli had a lot of problems that were out of his control, but he did nothing to overcome them. He is supposed to be a franchise QB. If he is going to fall apart with the rest of the team what's the point of having him? A lot of guys produce when everything around him is right.
                  It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No doubt that Eli was at a major disadvantage this year. He had Engram and Shepard for some of the time. But he did have a healthy team the first 4 1/2 games and he was still unproductive.

I would say this...Eli had a lot of problems that were out of his control, but he did nothing to overcome them. He is supposed to be a franchise QB. If he is going to fall apart with the rest of the team what's the point of having him? A lot of guys produce when everything around him is right.
                    Your post is pretty fair but IMO it would be near impossible for a immobile QB such as Eli to overcome the problems that are out of his control...

Comment

Man if the Giants can steal Belicheck what a huge upgrade that will be. No doubt he will want to keep Eli for a couple of seasons while they groom the next QB. He also can finally coach a HOF who's not a snake.

Comment

Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

it is every bit as bad as the experts have pointed out (not this board, actual experts that know the game...better than you)
                        The same experts that said the Giants would get into the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

Your post is pretty fair but IMO it would be near impossible for a immobile QB such as Eli to overcome the problems that are out of his control...
                          There are immobile QB's and then there is Eli Manning.
                          Tom Brady may be slow but he moves very well in the pocket. Eli is **** in the pocket. This year he's taken a new tack by simply going down before anyone touches him.
                          For every poster who has said that our O line sucks and Eli didn't have a chance I say...You are absolutely right.

he didn't have a chance because he lacks the ability to deal with a pass rush anymore. He can't extend. He can't make plays anymore. He's a good passer, but only when there is a lot of time. News flash....He's not going to get it next year.
                          We need a guy who can overcome a pass rush, which essentially every QB in the NFL has to do these days. These O lines can't block these athletes on defense anymore. You need an athlete at the QB position now.
                          Otherwise.....You're ****ed!
                          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            I prefer Football Analytics Ltd. They've got him rated 43rd.
                            lmao
                            1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Tom Brady may be slow but he moves very well in the pocket. Eli is **** in the pocket. This year he's taken a new tack by simply going down before anyone touches him.
                              For every poster who has said that our O line sucks and Eli didn't have a chance I say...You are absolutely right.

he didn't have a chance because he lacks the ability to deal with a pass rush anymore. He can't extend. He can't make plays anymore. He's a good passer, but only when there is a lot of time. News flash....He's not going to get it next year.
                              We need a guy who can overcome a pass rush, which essentially every QB in the NFL has to do these days. These O lines can't block these athletes on defense anymore. You need an athlete at the QB position now.
                              Correctomundo ! +100
                              1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Look I'm all for moving on from Eli because you need to get his successor but there is no way anyone can convince me that NE's OL is not superior to ours, not to mention they have a running game and If Eli was on the Pats I think they could still win because of hoodie and his plug and play system

Comment

Working...
                                X