Eli drops to 27th for QBs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

but he also elevates his game in the post season...
    If you ignore 2/3rds of his post season appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by river555 View Post

Gettleman put himself on the spot by saying he would make a decision on Eli after he watches the film...
      Watching the film?? Oh god.... He is Mcadoddle pretending to be a GM

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No doubt that Eli was at a major disadvantage this year. He had Engram and Shepard for some of the time. But he did have a healthy team the first 4 1/2 games and he was still unproductive.

I would say this...Eli had a lot of problems that were out of his control, but he did nothing to overcome them. He is supposed to be a franchise QB. If he is going to fall apart with the rest of the team what's the point of having him? A lot of guys produce when everything around him is right.
        First four games he was right there with Ben rothlisbergernand rivers in yards, TDs and Completion percentage. So there is that but at that time we had no run game and our Oline was brutal.

i donít think any qb could have overcome what we were faxing. The vanilla scheme, no run game and instant pressure. That first game, cowboys were collapsing the pocket with 3 guys.
        Last edited by DarkSaint; 01-05-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

The film junkie also gave 55M to a OT thats worse than Flowers in the offseason...

Lets hope he makes the right decision with the #2 pick
          Non position noted.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

And whatever he decides, all Giants fans should accept an move on to something else to complain about. The guy is a film guru.
            Dream on, beautiful. It will never happen.

Apparently posters here know more.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

If you ignore 2/3rds of his post season appearances.
              Whatever...he's part of 2 SB winning teams, the best all time QB in NY history and most likely will make it into Canton...not too shabby for a scrub...

Comment

They are right. Eli needs to go. Not because he's a bad QB, but because he has become complacent in NY. Maybe another team can squeeze out the best of Eli for a year or 2, but in my opinion, his run in NY has come to an end.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Geno's win percentage this year is 0 and he played against a bad defense and team. Extrapolate that to 16 games and we are the winless browns with geno as our qb.
                  If I may; I think what our friend DS has so eloquently stated is that we should be blaming Eli for picking 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                    there always seems to be a way out with eli isnt there? the oline had issues but it had most of the time decent passblocking. i understand that puts a damper and the its the oline excuse for why Eli has declined.
                    Eli always has been inconsistent so nothing has changed. I don't see declined as much as I see he needs a team around him and what did decline is the 4th Qtr magic. Maybe he gets it back next year but the Eli era is coming to a close very soon. I think he can manage a game for another year while the new guy learns waiting in the wings. Maybe DG after analysis will think otherwise.
                    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

There are immobile QB's and then there is Eli Manning.
                      Tom Brady may be slow but he moves very well in the pocket. Eli is **** in the pocket. This year he's taken a new tack by simply going down before anyone touches him.
                      For every poster who has said that our O line sucks and Eli didn't have a chance I say...You are absolutely right.

he didn't have a chance because he lacks the ability to deal with a pass rush anymore. He can't extend. He can't make plays anymore. He's a good passer, but only when there is a lot of time. News flash....He's not going to get it next year.
                      We need a guy who can overcome a pass rush, which essentially every QB in the NFL has to do these days. These O lines can't block these athletes on defense anymore. You need an athlete at the QB position now.
                      Otherwise.....You're ****ed!
                      Truth! I watch Darnold and he's a big guy that can move. He's got good feet and avoids pressure. Eli was able to move a bit but his ability to avoid even a little is gone. Darnold reminds me a little of Big Ben actually. Your right all QB's have to be able to avoid the super athletes of the DE's. Its a must now.
                      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Nope. O-line not bad as many people make it seem.
                        So you answered the same post on two different days with two different angles. We know you don't understand much but you can't even keep track of your own opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSPORTS View Post

So you answered the same post on two different days with two different angles. We know you don't understand much but you can't even keep track of your own opinions.
                          Yet I am right though. Look at the yards and look at why we have OCs and DCs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Yet I am right though. Look at the yards and look at why we have OCs and DCs.
                            When you have two opinions covering two options it's tough to be wrong. Seek help.

As far as the LOS - you have a better chance of Santa being real than winning this debate when the GM, Experts and Fans think otherwise while four out of five starters from opening day might be replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Truth! I watch Darnold and he's a big guy that can move. He's got good feet and avoids pressure. Eli was able to move a bit but his ability to avoid even a little is gone. Darnold reminds me a little of Big Ben actually. Your right all QB's have to be able to avoid the super athletes of the DE's. Its a must now.
                              Darnold has a good deal of coaching up to be done, but his upside is ridiculous.

Some of the throws he made even in the Cotton Bowl loss, most NFL QBs cannot make.
                              He dropped 2-3 sideline dimes 30+ yards down field, under pressure ... 2 were called no completions (and were completions).

The tying TD in last years Rose Bowl was insane.
                              The kid can be one of the greats if he keeps his head right.

But Rosen wants no part of Cleveland, so...damn.
                              Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Dream on, beautiful. It will never happen.

Apparently posters here know more.
                                I certainly knew not to give Matt Kalil 55 MM before he got it. Watching him suck now only proves my point.

He can't really run block or pass block and thats evident on tape, he was even worse as a member of the Vikings so its shocking he got what he did with the Panthers. So not im not sure what the film junkie was looking at.
                                Last edited by CGYgiant; 01-05-2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X