Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

2-14
    Except we were 3-13. If you want to sound plausible, at least get the basic facts right.

SMH.

Comment

It is not a "suicide mission" as you call it but a "Challenge" It would be up to the new HC along the new GM to rebuild the Giants team. The only team in the NFL that seems the HC = suicide mission is the Browns. The Giants are much better than this and we will rebound. The key to it is to 1. Find a capable HC
      2. Rebuild the O-line
      3. Find Eli's future replacement
      4. Find some good LB's
      Not much to ask! After all, we have been discussing this very issues here in these boards for a long time! Unfortunately, the large ego of the people in charge of the Giants have not allowed them to think in those simple terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Except we were 3-13. If you want to sound plausible, at least get the basic facts right.

SMH.
        What?
        Fan since 1970.
        ---------------------

----------------------------------------------
        "If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
          It is not a "suicide mission" as you call it but a "Challenge" It would be up to the new HC along the new GM to rebuild the Giants team. The only team in the NFL that seems the HC = suicide mission is the Browns. The Giants are much better than this and we will rebound. The key to it is to 1. Find a capable HC
          2. Rebuild the O-line
          3. Find Eli's future replacement
          4. Find some good LB's
          Not much to ask! After all, we have been discussing this very issues here in these boards for a long time! Unfortunately, the large ego of the people in charge of the Giants have not allowed them to think in those simple terms.
          Yes, you're right. That's aren't major problems at all.
          Fan since 1970.
          ---------------------

"If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?"-- Joe Don Looney

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Right, because no team has ever changed regimes and had success with a new guy.

What a moronic post.
            No, you're a moron.
            Fan since 1970.
            ---------------------

Comment

Whoever gets the job of HC will be taking on a suicide mission.

Teams in disaster mode usually go through a couple HCs before the real savior arrives.

The NYG have just entered disaster mode. The ball has hit the floor. It has settled on the floor.

McAdoo arrived pre-disaster and the disaster then arrived in his brief tenure.

The next victim HC will try to pick up the ball and begin dribbling. His effort will be feeble.

The ball is deflated and won't want to bounce.

NYG HC candidates line up for interview...

I have a different take on this.
              Teams turn over quickly in the NFL. What has happened before won't necessarily happen for us next year.

Did you ever hear about the baseball manager who was asked if there is carry over after losing a series. He said, tell me who our starting pitcher will be in the next game and I'll tell you whether there will be carryover.

In football, if you tell me how much we can improve this roster in the next 3 months and who will comprise the coaching staff, we may or may not be in disaster mode as you put it.

Actually, I think there are many recent examples of bad teams turning things around in one or two years tops.
              Last edited by jomo; 01-05-2018, 05:29 PM.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Worst to first happens a lot in the NFL. Just look at the nfc south, the nfc west, afc south this year alone. Every year half of the playoff teams are different. The chiefs, saints, panthers, titans, rams, bills, jaguars none made the playoffs last year.

Comment

Someone mentioned the Rams turnaround.

The Rams are a perfect example of my theory.

Check out the records and # of head coaches gone through from winning teams to winning teams.

raam.png
                  Fan since 1970.
                  ---------------------

Comment

2-14
                    3-13

Comment

That's right, remember when the Pats went 5-11 and hired that loser Belichek? What a joke.
                      sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Someone mentioned the Rams turnaround.

The Rams are a perfect example of my theory.

Check out the records and # of head coaches gone through from winning teams to winning teams.

raam.png
                        4-12.... hire new coach... 11-5 and playoff bound.. That's a perfect example of your theory...

Comment

You really should consider giving up drinking.
                          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Yes, you're right. That's aren't major problems at all.
                            Well, if you know what you are doing, these are not big problems at all! Reese had neglected all those things and hopefully the new GM and coach will address them. These are challenges that all GMs and coaches face and not "suicide". Now the Browns HC job though, is another story.

Comment

Kansas City was in deep cah cah....enter Andy Reid...voted AFC Coach of the year in 2013 after they recorded greatest single season turn around in franchise history. ..BOOM......Giants are due for that kind of turnaround
                              Last edited by Razur; 01-06-2018, 03:43 AM.

Comment

There is no formula to this.

Now.. I don't agree that a 3-13 team that has been largely unsuccessful for the past 5-6 years is likely to just magically turn around and become a contender again in one year, but the Giants objectively speaking do have a lot of quality players on the roster, some of whom (most notably Beckham) were hurt this year. We know their defense is capable of playing at a high level (see 2016), and we know Beckham is one of the most talented and productive offensive weapons in the game. The QB situation is a big, big question mark, and the line is a disaster, but both of those situations can be attended to in the offseason. It doesn't mean they'll both be "fixed" by next season, but I think both will be improved (mainly because I think Gettleman will make big moves on the O line).

Who knows what the Giants will be next year. But this is not some situation where the underlying roster is awful and they're just going from coach to coach. They now have a competent GM, and they have a lot of good players. It's too early to start making 2018 predictions, but all signs point to them improving materially from what happened in 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X