Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where might Giants find under-valued offensive line help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
    if this guy rebuilds the oline in one season, im hunting reese and macadoo down and beating their *****.
    It's going to take more than an offseason to rebuild the offensive line. Far to many holes, realistically we have a need at ever position. Left tackle to right tackle. I'm not in favor of resigning Pugh, he's always injured. Flowers is garbage, Fluker I would resign on the cheap with Jones. Now that leaves left guard and right tackle.

Gettleman is going to have to pull something out of his *** to get this line back to respectability.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
      I imagine mostly free agency along with a draft pick or two. That is how the good OLs here were built (FA). Mackenzie, Seubert, OíHara all FAs
      Ohara was undrafted to boot and picked off of Cleveland's practice squad , suebert he was a college TE first then went to tackle after a few years on the Giants practice squad he turned into a great guard.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

It's going to take more than an offseason to rebuild the offensive line. Far to many holes, realistically we have a need at ever position. Left tackle to right tackle. I'm not in favor of resigning Pugh, he's always injured. Flowers is garbage, Fluker I would resign on the cheap with Jones. Now that leaves left guard and right tackle.

Gettleman is going to have to pull something out of his *** to get this line back to respectability.
        My fear is Jones and Fluker will be given larger contracts than the Giants will and can afford to offer.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

My fear is Jones and Fluker will be given larger contracts than the Giants will and can afford to offer.
          Fluker might, he's still young and was a high 1st round pick for a reason.
          Jones I think we can keep at a reasonable salary. He's still under sized for a center, and isn't exactly lighting the NFL circles on fire with his play. But it only takes one team that likes his versatility and that he's young.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            so he has no idea what wrong with the NYGs?
            LOL the ring knows all.

Comment

Fluker might, he's still young and was a high 1st round pick for a reason.
              Jones I think we can keep at a reasonable salary. He's still under sized for a center, and isn't exactly lighting the NFL circles on fire with his play. But it only takes one team that likes his versatility and that he's young.
              Proven starting O-linemen last off season were bringing Big money. I suspect the same will be true this season. We may be the odd man out with our cap situation. We may be forced by circumstance to trade down for picks.
              "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

isn't Jones a restricted free agent this year so he can only get so much.

Comment

the one thing the giants did good while he was here is find guys like suebert and Ohara,he did it in carolina one of his undrafted guys is coming up on free agency this,he's a guard don't remember his name but he will be one of the better ones on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

isn't Jones a restricted free agent this year so he can only get so much.

A restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team) of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

This is the rule.

With the obvious problems with acquiring quality starters on the O-line. A few mid to late round picks are worth a starting center.

Last edited by TEM; 01-07-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                      I'm going to make a prediction and say no. Yet I still want to see what he will do in this year's NFL Draft. If he waste picks on getting a LT, then the Giants may not improve til he get another receiving threat and lbs if there are some good ones. We also need cbs qith apeed etc.
                      Most teams don't have the talent of a Beckham, Engram, Sheppard trio.

Not sure why you're on a "need receiving help as a main priority" kick.

Comment

A restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team) of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

This is the rule.

With the obvious problems with acquiring quality starters on the O-line. A few mid to late round picks are worth a starting center.
                        Hell yea it would especially for a team like us Bronco's a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

Hell yea it would especially for a team like us Bronco's a few others.
                          Like I said we may lose Fluker and Jones. I want them both back but I am not optimistic.

Comment

Need to let Richburg and Pugh walk.

Comment

The good news for us is that our line play has been so poor that upgrades won t be that hard to find with the right set of eyes looking for them.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Most teams don't have the talent of a Beckham, Engram, Sheppard trio.

Not sure why you're on a "need receiving help as a main priority" kick.
                                Sheppard is not that good. Fourth option.
                                I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X