Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where might Giants find under-valued offensive line help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    Sheppard is not that good. Fourth option.
    Beckham, Engram (debatable) and then ....who?
    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

Beckham, Engram (debatable) and then ....who?
      You have the two back set and receivers who can block well are needed not O-line. Who is the best wr in this years draft?

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        The good news for us is that our line play has been so poor that upgrades won t be that hard to find with the right set of eyes looking for them.
        I just hope that Gettlemen doesnít sign bums like Matt Kalil. This guy was as bad as Eric Flowers and Gettlemen paid him 55m to be a bum last off-season.

The OL saviour will have to show better ability before Iím on board, letís see what he does.

if he really wants to fix it in the draft? The best player in the draft regardless of position might be Quentin Nelson. If weíre not taking a QB and heís hell bent on a OL thatís who he should take.
        Last edited by CGYgiant; 01-07-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

You have the two back set and receivers who can block well are needed not O-line. Who is the best wr in this years draft?
          the 2 back set is mostly a dinosaur
          you are pretty much the only person stating the o-line (help) isn't needed

we'll trust people that actually know the game of football

on this team, Shep is currently the 2nd best option (tied with Engram) and is a perfectly good option in the slot

we need to replace Marshall (same need as last year), but the o-line is needed first
          our new GM stated that clearly
          Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            1. Andrew Norwell Ė 88.7 rating, #3 guard. While Norwell didnít make the Pro Bowl squad, he was named to PFFís All-Pro team at his position. PFF noted Norwell finished second among guards in pass-blocking efficiency after he didnít allow a sack or a hit on the quarterback all season long.
            Gotta say i didnt know much about Norwell til now and damn this guy sounds good......And expensive

I like the idea of Resigning Pugh, but if we dont we can try Flowers at RT

I like the idea of resigning Fluker, but of we dont there are plenty of Guard options in the draft

I like the idea of drafting Nelson in the 1st, but if we dont we can get someone like Will Hernandez in the 3rd, or a Plethora of guys later

IMO, the ideal situation is sign Norwell sign Fluker, and draft Hernandez and Ragnow. BOOM, interior OL totally fixed
            yeah after spending all that money on the OL, it's going to open up holes somewhere else. And then as fans, we're obligated to complain about that too The money goes by fast.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

on this team, Shep is currently the 2nd best option (tied with Engram) and is a perfectly good option in the slot

we need to replace Marshall (same need as last year), but the o-line is needed first
              Bud teams use the two back set or the look of it still. Bills used it today.

Comment

Jags using heavy sets now and the two back.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I don't see how he can view all the tape he needs in 63 days(free agency) There is 16 hours of tape on each player just from this season. Currently there are 76 Fa linemen . ( I would think he would have to view a least 75% of the FA linemen to find those hidden Gems) Round it out to 50+ all the Giant players he wants to watch tape on. 63 days = 1500 hours . No math adds up to the time he needs to do what he says he is going to do.

I do not envy his task or the hard decisions he will have to make.
                  I thought the same exact thing. There is simply not enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

How do I get a Gettleman jersey?
                    Me too

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

I thought the same exact thing. There is simply not enough time.
                      Can he trust the remainder of the scouting department, because that is all he has to complete what he wants? There is no way he can achieve that goal on his own.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post

How do I get a Gettleman jersey?
                        You gotta kn0w a guy....

Last edited by Gee718; 01-07-2018, 03:26 PM.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Most teams don't have the talent of a Beckham, Engram, Sheppard trio.

Not sure why you're on a "need receiving help as a main priority" kick.
                          Because he doesnít have a clue what heís doing Lakin about.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post

yeah after spending all that money on the OL, it's going to open up holes somewhere else. And then as fans, we're obligated to complain about that too The money goes by fast.
                            If we had to only sign 1, id sign Norwell and draft our next RG like Will Hernandez, Billy Price, or Frank Ragnow... Hell maybe even Quenton Nelson.

it would be nice to cut Marshall and Harris' salaries as well as trading JPP and John Jerry to clear their salaries as well. Might be enough to get Cockrell back, sign Norwell, and maybe even Jarvis Landry
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

I just hope that Gettlemen doesnít sign bums like Matt Kalil. This guy was as bad as Eric Flowers and Gettlemen paid him 55m to be a bum last off-season.

The OL saviour will have to show better ability before Iím on board, letís see what he does.

if he really wants to fix it in the draft? The best player in the draft regardless of position might be Quentin Nelson. If weíre not taking a QB and heís hell bent on a OL thatís who he should take.
                              Nelson is easily the best OL in the draft, there are no holes in his game what so ever. He looks outstanding on tape
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Like I said we may lose Fluker and Jones. I want them both back but I am not optimistic.
                                we'll have to see after they are done trimming the fat,think they might have more cash then we think.

Comment

Working...
                                X