Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where might Giants find under-valued offensive line help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big blue dog View Post

The biggest issue with Flowers was that it was common knowledge to most everyone but the Giants that he was flawed coming out and more of a project then a top 10 pick they just blew it.
    I think Mayock thought we would take Gurley it was a need and he was best player available. He said maybe the Giants were concerned about the knee.

Comment

Free Agent Signings! Going to have to spend money on that line and get some veterans in here to finally fix it! Nate Solder is probably not realistic. A team with a better Cap Situation will probably overprice the market for him and get him.

These guys are more realistic:
      Andrew Norwell

and Chris Hubbard (Experience at Left Tackle, Right Tackle and Guard)
      Last edited by Sicko; 01-07-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

I think Mayock thought we would take Gurley it was a need and he was best player available. He said maybe the Giants were concerned about the knee.
        I remember a lot of people wanted him but the front office were in the middle of trying to climb out of the black hole of drafting,they missed on every risky pick and yes they were not going to take a chance on an ACL inhind sight bad decision,but I couldn't blame them the team was sinking with bad drafts and they had just spent a ton in free agency which is a big no no because of there draft ineptitude lol,lets hope they can get the tranches respectable and buy2019 a strength.

Comment

wrong lol most of us predicted that if they didn't start drafting better they would rival the browns for worst team in the league,and the biggest issue would be the trenches,finished talking now.
          Don't lie to me son. Besides the Browns, there are 6 other teams with double digit wins so I guess they tried to rival the Browns to huh? Many of you don't know football at all so you lying your butt off that most of you predicted the Giants didn't draft better they would rival the Browns in the worse record in the NFL.

Giants had a freakish year to the injuries to their starting wr core. The experts predict that the Giants would have a better record and represent the NFC East in the playoffs and most of you predict the Giants would rival the Browns in the worst record? You got to be kidding me especially when many of you don't have the common sense to know that the O-line provided Eli with blockin. How could Eli have over 3,000 yards close 4,000 yards with mostly street corner wrs they got off the streets if the blocking was that bad? Oh and there are two backs with over 4.0 yards per carry with one if them had a 70 yard long run. Many of you can't analyze how a rb run behind the O-line or look at how other teams play that look similar to the Giant's O-line.

​​​​you don't know football my son. It takes more than just a O-line to move the chains. Receivers that can block help the O-line did you know that? No and if you look at the teams in the playoffs, they ran and moved about in the pocket and out of it to buy time like Breese who can throw on the run while Eli doesn't do that. Eli helped Tom get axed because Eli can't even manage a game. Look at the Giants against the Falcons in 015. I believe Eli threw the ball away or ran out of bounce to stop the clock when he should have taken the sack. By him throwing tge ball away, it stopped the clock and you can look at Toms face that look of with disbelief. By Eli not able to manage the game in 015, JR had to spend a lot of money on defense to make it better thanks to a ints fumbling qb who can't even slide. Saw the int on the screen against the Skins in the last game of the regular season on a screen pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Don't lie to me son. Besides the Browns, there are 6 other teams with double digit wins so I guess they tried to rival the Browns to huh? Many of you don't know football at all so you lying your butt off that most of you predicted the Giants didn't draft better they would rival the Browns in the worse record in the NFL.

Giants had a freakish year to the injuries to their starting wr core. The experts predict that the Giants would have a better record and represent the NFC East in the playoffs and most of you predict the Giants would rival the Browns in the worst record? You got to be kidding me especially when many of you don't have the common sense to know that the O-line provided Eli with blockin. How could Eli have over 3,000 yards close 4,000 yards with mostly street corner wrs they got off the streets if the blocking was that bad? Oh and there are two backs with over 4.0 yards per carry with one if them had a 70 yard long run. Many of you can't analyze how a rb run behind the O-line or look at how other teams play that look similar to the Giant's O-line.

​​​​you don't know football my son. It takes more than just a O-line to move the chains. Receivers that can block help the O-line did you know that? No and if you look at the teams in the playoffs, they ran and moved about in the pocket and out of it to buy time like Breese who can throw on the run while Eli doesn't do that. Eli helped Tom get axed because Eli can't even manage a game. Look at the Giants against the Falcons in 015. I believe Eli threw the ball away or ran out of bounce to stop the clock when he should have taken the sack. By him throwing tge ball away, it stopped the clock and you can look at Toms face that look of with disbelief. By Eli not able to manage the game in 015, JR had to spend a lot of money on defense to make it better thanks to a ints fumbling qb who can't even slide. Saw the int on the screen against the Skins in the last game of the regular season on a screen pass?
            LOL - I come back here ever few weeks and it's the usual insanity from almost the same posters. Everyone helps in the blocking area but you don't bring in receivers to help a sub par OL. You bring in better quality OL players to upgrade the line.

How could Eli have almost 4000 yards - Maybe his experience counts for something. Maybe they had a rookie TE that almost went for 1000 yards mostly on short throws as well. The rushing yards came in feast or famine mode there was never a consistent run game save a few games.

I see your a numbers guy and you base it solely on that. There's more to the game(any professional sport for that matter) then just numbers,

And I do agree with the previous poster the Giants have been terrible drafting the last 7-8 years and only a free agent spending spree delayed the inevitable for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie12 View Post

LOL - I come back here ever few weeks and it's the usual insanity from almost the same posters. Everyone helps in the blocking area but you don't bring in receivers to help a sub par OL. You bring in better quality OL players to upgrade the line.

How could Eli have almost 4000 yards - Maybe his experience counts for something. Maybe they had a rookie TE that almost went for 1000 yards mostly on short throws as well. The rushing yards came in feast or famine mode there was never a consistent run game save a few games.

I see your a numbers guy and you base it solely on that. There's more to the game(any professional sport for that matter) then just numbers,

And I do agree with the previous poster the Giants have been terrible drafting the last 7-8 years and only a free agent spending spree delayed the inevitable for a year.
              +1

Comment

Bud I been here for many years predicted
                oh....you are one of those type of fans..... pat me on the back because I guess right every now and then....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                  Free Agent Signings! Going to have to spend money on that line and get some veterans in here to finally fix it! Nate Solder is probably not realistic. A team with a better Cap Situation will probably overprice the market for him and get him.

These guys are more realistic:
                  Andrew Norwell

and Chris Hubbard (Experience at Left Tackle, Right Tackle and Guard)
                  Just as long as he doesn’t sign us a “Speedbump McGee”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gee-matt-kalil

Comment

OK son lol blah blah blah blah blah,keep babbling that nonsense,most people who follow the game have forgotten more then you know about the game,how about this one first the line has to spring the back before worring about the WRs blocking,just stop please lol.

Comment

OK son lol blah blah blah blah blah,keep babbling that nonsense,most people who follow the game have forgotten more then you know about the game,how about this one first the line has to spring the back before worring about the WRs blocking,just stop please lol.
                      Yeah, every time our RB gets hit behind the LOS or gets stuffed at the LOS or run down in the flat I always think "why didnt the WRs help out?" Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Yeah, every time our RB gets hit behind the LOS or gets stuffed at the LOS or run down in the flat I always think "why didnt the WRs help out?" Too funny.
                        Exactly LOL you can't make this**** up.

Comment

Wrs blockin on screen plays is very imlortant.

Comment

Dave G. talked with Bob Papa and David Diehl on Sirius XM Last week. The show was the Opening Drive, which Papa is a regular host of, among some other folks.

They talked O-Line, and Gettelman had said that the year before he signed O'Hara, O'Hara had only started 3 games.

Gettelman had said he watched every snap of those three starts, two of them were against Casey Hampton (Steelers) and O'Hara more than held his own.

Dave talked about finding guys like that, because they are out there and doing your homework. It was music to my ears, and Dave Gettelman had a joy in his voice when he talked about finding a diamond in the rough like that.

So he, and ALL of the Scouts will be looking at a ton of film and evaluating FA's and guys they could trade for. Not just big ticket FAs, but guys who can play, and be economical.

Personally I don;t see Richburg and Pugh coming back. Good players, but I don;t see them coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

Most teams don't have the talent of a Beckham, Engram, Sheppard trio.

Not sure why you're on a "need receiving help as a main priority" kick.
                              We need a star rb. We had our chance with Gurley and blew it.
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                                Dave G. talked with Bob Papa and David Diehl on Sirius XM Last week. The show was the Opening Drive, which Papa is a regular host of, among some other folks.

They talked O-Line, and Gettelman had said that the year before he signed O'Hara, O'Hara had only started 3 games.

Gettelman had said he watched every snap of those three starts, two of them were against Casey Hampton (Steelers) and O'Hara more than held his own.

Dave talked about finding guys like that, because they are out there and doing your homework. It was music to my ears, and Dave Gettelman had a joy in his voice when he talked about finding a diamond in the rough like that.

So he, and ALL of the Scouts will be looking at a ton of film and evaluating FA's and guys they could trade for. Not just big ticket FAs, but guys who can play, and be economical.

Personally I don;t see Richburg and Pugh coming back. Good players, but I don;t see them coming back.
                                Just wondering. Can anyone name an olinemen that was a cheap free agent that preformed from good to pro bowl level in the past 5 years?
                                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                                X