Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where might Giants find under-valued offensive line help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where might Giants find under-valued offensive line help?

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/1/5...sive-line-help

Excerpt: "New York Giants general manager Dave Gettleman has made not secret of his intention to try and upgrade the team’s offensive, long a weakness Jerry Reese either ignored or was unable to properly address.

Remember this line from his introductory press conference?

“We gotta fix the oline let’s be honest, let’s not kid each other,” Gettleman said. “Big men allow you to compete, and that’s what we’ve gotta fix.”

How will he do it? Gettleman said during an appearance on WFAN this week that it might not get done with flashy names and big-money deals.
    “You’ve gotta get into the fim and you’ve gotta dig it out. There’s always guys there that can play that have been underlooked.

”You watch the film and you get convictions. It isn’t necessarily you have to sign the stars and whatever. You’ve gotta work at the evaluation process. You’ve gotta grind through tape because there are guys there. There always are.”
    Internally, he has to start with decisions about free agents Justin Pugh and Weston Richburg. Pugh seems more likely than Richburg to stay, simply because fill-in center Brett Jones could well be one of those under-valued players Gettleman is looking for.

Gettleman said all avenues — free agency, trades and the draft could be used. Let’s look at a handful of options." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thank God we have a GM that values the O-line and cares about rebuilding the line

I think this new GM is a God send

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedblue2323 View Post
      Thank God we have a GM that values the O-line and cares about rebuilding the line

How do I get a Gettleman jersey?
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

He is not bright trying to improve a O-line that gave Eli time to throw the ball. Need receiver and defenaive help.

Comment

I imagine mostly free agency along with a draft pick or two. That is how the good OLs here were built (FA). Mackenzie, Seubert, O’Hara all FAs

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
            He is not bright trying to improve a O-line that gave Eli time to throw the ball. Need receiver and defenaive help.
            so he has no idea what wrong with the NYGs?

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Scout the CFL we did good with Brett Jones why not give it a shot again

we are desperate for quality talent on the O line no stone should be left unturned

Comment

I don't know the contract situation but Cordy Glenn is speculated to be part of a draft day trade up from Buffalo.

Comment

1. Andrew Norwell – 88.7 rating, #3 guard. While Norwell didn’t make the Pro Bowl squad, he was named to PFF’s All-Pro team at his position. PFF noted Norwell finished second among guards in pass-blocking efficiency after he didn’t allow a sack or a hit on the quarterback all season long.
                  Gotta say i didnt know much about Norwell til now and damn this guy sounds good......And expensive

I like the idea of Resigning Pugh, but if we dont we can try Flowers at RT

I like the idea of resigning Fluker, but of we dont there are plenty of Guard options in the draft

I like the idea of drafting Nelson in the 1st, but if we dont we can get someone like Will Hernandez in the 3rd, or a Plethora of guys later

IMO, the ideal situation is sign Norwell sign Fluker, and draft Hernandez and Ragnow. BOOM, interior OL totally fixed
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

if this guy rebuilds the oline in one season, im hunting reese and macadoo down and beating their *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                      Who exactly are these Offensive linemen? we have 3 under contract Flowers, Jerry, Wheeler . Explain just how a receiver would be better then getting the 4 more linemen that would be required to fill the roaster needs.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        so he has no idea what wrong with the NYGs?
                        I'm going to make a prediction and say no. Yet I still want to see what he will do in this year's NFL Draft. If he waste picks on getting a LT, then the Giants may not improve til he get another receiving threat and lbs if there are some good ones. We also need cbs qith apeed etc.

Comment

I think JR valued the OL and cared about it. But his solution was mostly to use draft picks on it.

What I am encouraged about is the current GM being a tape-hog, and possibly finding those undervalued guys that can help without breaking the bank. I'll reserve judgement until I see it happen, but I like what he has said so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I think JR valued the OL and cared about it. But his solution was mostly to use draft picks on it.

What I am encouraged about is the current GM being a tape-hog, and possibly finding those undervalued guys that can help without breaking the bank. I'll reserve judgement until I see it happen, but I like what he has said so far.
                            I don't see how he can view all the tape he needs in 63 days(free agency) There is 16 hours of tape on each player just from this season. Currently there are 76 Fa linemen . ( I would think he would have to view a least 75% of the FA linemen to find those hidden Gems) Round it out to 50+ all the Giant players he wants to watch tape on. 63 days = 1500 hours . No math adds up to the time he needs to do what he says he is going to do.

I do not envy his task or the hard decisions he will have to make.
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

But wasn't the knock on him is that he didn't fix the line in Carolina?

Comment

Working...
                              X