Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when are shanked punt wing and i always miss a field goal roasas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So when are shanked punt wing and i always miss a field goal roasas...

Getting cut? The giants had to of had the worst special teams in recent memory this past season. Please cut them. Fire the special teams coach. What are we waiting for?

here's a look inside the numbers on just how bad the giants special teams were in 2017...

Roasas/giants were 31st in fg % at 72%, number 1 was carolina at 96.7%. They were last in the league with extra points at 87%. While 6 teams never missed one.

24th in the league in punting avg at 44.1. Tied for last in punts inside the 20 with 19. Tied for last with 9 touchbacks.

28th in kick off return avg with 19.6 yards a return. And 31st in the league on punt returns with 5.5 yards.

Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 01-05-2018, 01:33 PM.
    [SIGPIC]

The Draft and or Free Agency
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
      Getting cut? The giants had to of had the worst special teams in recent memory this past season. Please cut them. Fire the special teams coach. What are we waiting for?
      Overly dramatic much?

Cut everybody!! Fire everybody!!

The season ended 5 days ago. Relax
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Overly dramatic much?

The way this season shaped up lots of guys should have been fired the second the whistle blew in the last game.

These two stooges will be good as gone, I can’t remember the last time we had a punter and kicker play this poorly in the same season.

Comment

Wing wont be cut - if we're trying to sweet talk OBJ into a cheaper contract, cutting his best mate on the roster won't help.

Poor franchise decision making - but I imagine every option will be coming into play!

Comment

Overly dramatic much?

it's a valid post
            ST has been a horror show for years
            Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Overly dramatic much?

I never said cut everybody. Fire everybody yeah probably. Kickers and punters are a dime a dozen. Cutting a kicker or punter is a lot different than cutting apple flowers.
              Last edited by bigbluejeep8888; 01-05-2018, 01:13 PM.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

Rosas wont be back. As someone mentioned above, I think Wing stays due to his closeness with Odell. He has been good before so hopefully he can get back there.

Comment

Wing will be fine

Comment

Wing will be fine?? Wing will be retained??

Do you people realize he is DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE for two early losses that buried the season? He is a massive culprit in this mess.

Rosas sucks.

They have already signed a kicker and punter to future's contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                      We will have to wait for 2 things:
                      1. The new GM has to finish watching the tape (where did I hear this before?)
                      2. The new coach is on board.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                        Rosas wont be back. As someone mentioned above, I think Wing stays due to his closeness with Odell. He has been good before so hopefully he can get back there.
                        I know but I still hope wing leaves. Special teams really killed the giants all season long.
                        [SIGPIC]

Comment

What does Wing being close to Odell have to do with him being possibly cut?? Big supporter of Odell but at the end of the day its all about production. Wing needs to go along with Rosas. Odell doesnt need his bff to play at a high level. Terrible reason for keeping Wing around.

Comment

Those numbers are a nightmare. I knew we were bad, but those stat's really say a lot. As far as cutting releasing anyone, it's gonna take some time. Need to sign a couple of coaches first. Wing had no excuse for being so bad, Rojas at least was a rookie, so I can cut him some slack. Need to have some competition and move on, less Quinn also.

Comment

Rosas will be cut or beaten out in pre-season next year. Wing is ODB's best friend. He's not losing his job.

Comment

Working...
                              X