Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So when are shanked punt wing and i always miss a field goal roasas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing was brutal, he should be cut. I don't care if hes Beckham's BFF, this is a business.

Rosas... maybe he'll get better next year. He could use some competition.

Quinn should've been fired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven19x View Post
      Wing was brutal, he should be cut. I don't care if hes Beckham's BFF, this is a business.

Rosas... maybe he'll get better next year. He could use some competition.

Quinn should've been fired yesterday.
      Rosas, I still can't believe how bad of a year he had. He never missed a kick in the preseason.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

They have already signed a Kicker and Punter to future reserve contracts to compete with Rosas and Wing in the Off-season. The best will rise to the top.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
          They have already signed a Kicker and Punter to future reserve contracts to compete with Rosas and Wing in the Off-season. The best will rise to the top.
          They did that last year with Nugent and how did that work
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
            Getting cut? The giants had to of had the worst special teams in recent memory this past season. Please cut them. Fire the special teams coach. What are we waiting for?
            I agree they were horrible this year I would cut them both, decent Field Goal Kickers are not hard to find.

Comment

Getting cut? The giants had to of had the worst special teams in recent memory this past season. Please cut them. Fire the special teams coach. What are we waiting for?

here's a look inside the numbers on just how bad the giants special teams were in 2017...

Roasas/giants were 31st in fg % at 72%, number 1 was carolina at 96.7%. They were last in the league with extra points at 87%. While 6 teams never missed one.

24th in the league in punting avg at 44.1. Tied for last in punts inside the 20 with 19. Tied for last with 9 touchbacks.

Not defending either of them but you realize these stats are a little skewed, right?

I mean how many touchbacks can you have if you never score any points??

And punting from your own 20 yard line after three and outs doesn't bode well for punts inside the opponents 20.

just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post

We will have to wait for 2 things:
                1. The new GM has to finish watching the tape (where did I hear this before?)
                2. The new coach is on board.
                They cut hart on gentleman's first day
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Quinn should be the first man out the door followed quickly by those two.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

it's a valid post
                    ST has been a horror show for years
                    Putting Quinn out the door is a low hanging fruit kind of move and we have bigger fish to fry soon so, that should have been done yesterday....no muss no fuss, be decisive...no brainer.

As far as the punter and PK go, unless there is a contractual issue involved that hurts our cap, there are plenty of upgrades available for relatively low cost.. We are looking for consistent guys, not brilliant kickers. Strangely enough consistent comes cheap at those positions. We had one in training camp but let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Cusen View Post

here's a look inside the numbers on just how bad the giants special teams were in 2017...

Roasas/giants were 31st in fg % at 72%, number 1 was carolina at 96.7%. They were last in the league with extra points at 87%. While 6 teams never missed one.

24th in the league in punting avg at 44.1. Tied for last in punts inside the 20 with 19. Tied for last with 9 touchbacks.

Not defending either of them but you realize these stats are a little skewed, right?

I mean how many touchbacks can you have if you never score any points??

And punting from your own 20 yard line after three and outs doesn't bode well for punts inside the opponents 20.

just sayin'
                      the last part could be true. But the punt avg doesnt tells a different story. Wing shanked a lot of punts.
                      [SIGPIC]

Comment

the last part could be true. But the punt avg doesnt tells a different story. Wing shanked a lot of punts.
                        I agree. Only Wing would stand behind a punt average as a defense of his performance.
                        If ever the eye test was all you need, it would be with Wing.
                        Too many of his punts were flat or short or plain out shanks.....all you need is a pair of eyes to see that.

Comment

it's inconceivable that a jackass would exonerate Wing or Rojas and criticize Manning...only in certain circles eh?
                          Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

I agree. Only Wing would stand behind a punt average as a defense of his performance.
                            If ever the eye test was all you need, it would be with Wing.
                            Too many of his punts were flat or short or plain out shanks.....all you need is a pair of eyes to see that.
                            Wing did not have a great season, but not a Matt Dodge bad season. The Giants Special teams seriously cant block for a FG so wing likely accelerated his process because he (like everyone else Eli, fans, Rosas etc) probably figured better to get it out quick then screw around.
                            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

They did that last year with Nugent and how did that work
                              Nugent lost the job to Rosas, obviously.
                              sigpic

Comment

Then there was this story headline on Yahoo the other day:

"Robbie Gould goes 18-for-18 in December, earns player of month honor"

Comment

Working...
                                X