Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring Back Corey Webster as Camp Coach to mentor Apple/DBs during OTA & Minicamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back Corey Webster as Camp Coach to mentor Apple/DBs during OTA & Minicamp

What Giant defensive back has been through more adversity in his career only to overcome it and become a top 2 corner (i forget the year) in the NFL?
    I say the smart thing for Apple and our younger DBs is to bring in Webster as a camp coach just to be in their ear. Webster was benched, inactive on gameday, and placed in the dog house a number of times before he finally broke through to help this team win a couple rings.

Just a random thought.
    Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 01-05-2018, 12:00 PM.
    sigpic

You want the Giants to bring in Webster to mentor the younger players? I bet Apple has no idea who Corey Webster is. Some of these kids need a good kick in the ***

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
      You want the Giants to bring in Webster to mentor the younger players? I bet Apple has no idea who Corey Webster is. Some of these kids need a good kick in the ***
      True, they need a swift kick, but Webster's experience on how to BOUNCE BACK seems invaluable, especially at the cornerback position.
      sigpic

Comment

CWebb was never a top 2 corner. Agreed he had to overcome his shaky beginning so I understand why it would be cool to see him talk to Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
          CWebb was never a top 2 corner. Agreed he had to overcome his shaky beginning so I understand why it would be cool to see him talk to Apple.
          He was ranked #2 in 2008 behind Nnamdi Asomugha
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

He was ranked #2 in 2007-2008 behind Nnamdi Asomugha
            Ha.... what ranking was that?? Sry but CWebb never really reached elite status. Guys like Asante Samuel, Al Harris, Nnamdi and Revis were better at that time.

Comment

Yes he absolutely was. From the 08 playoffs until about 2011 he was a top 5 corner in the league.

2008 he was second to only Nnamdi when he was on Oakland.

He was snubbed from the pro bowl because he wasn't a house hold name.

C-web blanketed the top receivers week in week out.

There's a reason T2 (Terrell Thomas) had the most targets in the league in 08 or 09 I believe.
              Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 01-05-2018, 12:42 PM.
              "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Yes he absolutely was. From the 08 playoffs until about 2011 he was a top 5 corner in the league.

2008 he was second to only Nnamdi when he was on Oakland.

He was snubbed from the pro bowl because he wasn't a house hold name.

C-web blanketed the top receivers week in week out.

There's a reason T2 (Terrell Thomas) had the most targets in the league in 08 or 09 I believe.
                Top 5 is different from top 2 so which is it?? He was a very good corner for us but never had the impact like Revis or even C. Woodson during his prime.

Comment

Webster had a small window, but he was definitely one of the best in the league in the 07 playoffs, 08, 09. Him and Ross played great in the 2011's playoffs as well

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                    Webster had a small window, but he was definitely one of the best in the league in the 07 playoffs, 08, 09. Him and Ross played great in the 2011's playoffs as well
                    07 playoffs and 08 yes but in 09 he was shaky and had an up and down year. He was solid for us within that small window.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Siiiiiigghhhhh..... good times
                      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

DO NOT... I repeate, DO NOT BRING APPLE BACK! He's a wack person, a cancer to the locker room and most importantly he's a crappy player with crappy drive, effort and technique. He's a pass interence call waiting to happen. Teams went after him all season for a reason. We dont need that weak link.

Cutting ties with him and Flowers is the best way to clean the crappy house reese built.
                        Last edited by Mr. G-Man; 01-05-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
                          DO NOT... I repeate, DO NOT BRING APPLE BACK! He's a wack person, a cancer to the locker room and most importantly he's a crappy player with crappy drive, effort and technique. He's a pass interence call waiting to happen. Teams went after him all season for a reason. We dont need that weak link.

Cutting ties with him and Flowers is the best way to clean the crappy house reese built.
                          Too late.
                          sigpic

Comment

07 playoffs and 08 yes but in 09 he was shaky and had an up and down year. He was solid for us within that small window.
                            Look up the stats, the numbers do not lie. Webster was arguably the most underrated DB in the NFL from 2007 up until he won his 2nd ring in 2011. After that, age and injuries slowed him down making him ineffective.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post

Look up the stats, the numbers do not lie. Webster was arguably the most underrated DB in the NFL from 2007 up until he won his 2nd ring in 2011. After that, age and injuries slowed him down making him ineffective.
                              Underrated???......100% without question he was, however he was never a top 2 cb in the league. I thought he was shaky in 09 but every other year leading to his 2nd ring he was solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X