Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but do some fans actually believe that Geno out performed Eli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have done a Let Me Get This Straight Poll.

Select below the one which best represents your feelings.
    • Geno out-performed Eli despite being thrust into the starting role mid-season.
    • Geno was much worse than Eli as evidenced by the score of the game.
    • Not sure who played better, but it was clear from the first play on that Geno didn't know what the hell he was doing which caused us to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
      I've seen some remarks made and want to know if it's just a small handful or numerous.
      I think he did well being that it was his first start in 2 and half years.

Comment

He played just as well as Eli has been playing all year except maybe a few games. Better might be a stretch but he wasnít any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

He played much worse. Especially if you are saying ďall yearĒ. He could not in his wildest dreams do what Eli did in both Philly games or he Skins game in the same conditions.

I dont care if people think Eli is good or bad but donít try to sell the falsehood that Geno is a legitimate QB or on the same level as Eli in any way, shape or form
          He did not play much worse. Not even close. He played no worse than Eli's average output this year. Keep lying to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
            Does it really matter?

Who the hell cares?
            This x100

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

He did not play much worse. Not even close. He played no worse than Eli's average output this year. Keep lying to yourself.
              That seems a fair assessment.

When Manning plays well, there is no comparison. When he doesn't he's as ordinary as anyone. Manning has not elevated the play of this crap offense this year just as he didn't really do so last year. That statement likely remains true if any of 90% of the other starting QBs in the league were under center for this team.

Comment

I believe Geno showed enough on tape to come back for OTAs and minicamp. After that it's anyone's guess as to weather we keep him or not.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_Blue_87 View Post
                  Yea he was really good at having no idea what to do after the first read was covered.

He threw it to that first read come hell or high water. Covered?? Pffffft.

He throws a nice ball but the dude is not mentally capable of being an nfl quarterback.
                  I'll take the 0 interceptions Geno threw against Oakland. Eli threw almost 30 interceptions in one season!
                  I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

this.

Geno Smith is out of here it doesn't matter.

Geno may have better physical attributes compared to Eli, but his football IQ compared to Eli is night and day obviously

Eli can read defenses, make adjustments. Go through his progressions and see the whole field. Geno has always struggled with that.

Geno is a very good back-up QB and honestly I'm not sure why the jets were so quick to throw him out.

Eli can and has made passes that Geno's only dreamed about.
                    Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

To answer the OPís question It is just the Eli bashers that would pump up any QB in the league to try to put Eli down.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

I'm not going to bash Geno Smith I wish him luck. With guys like Josh McCown and Case Keenum having a bit of a career Resurgence this season, I can seen Geno turning his career around somewhere else if given the Chance like Case Keenum and Josh McCown.

But he was never going to be the future here. I thought he played solid given the circumstance but the way the Eli situation was handled he was put in a Lose/Lose situation.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                          I've seen some remarks made and want to know if it's just a small handful or numerous.
                          I donít think Geno is better but I believe people feel you could get the same production from Geno that youíve gotten from Eli but with Geno being mobile he could extend plays. Eli had plenty of people who have supported him through the years but a lot of us are burned out by his poor play.
                          Last edited by CruzSoldier; 01-05-2018, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

I'll take the 0 interceptions Geno threw against Oakland. Eli threw almost 30 interceptions in one season!
                            Geno has more interceptions than td in his career.

Comment

Consider it the minority but yes...

Comment

I thought he played pretty good...but same result with the 2 TOs and loss...

Comment

Working...
                                X