in defense of REESE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in defense of REESE

Before everyone flips out hear me out first. I am glad he is gone for draft woes and for some of the deals he did. And because we need a change.

but to play devils advocate. We all thought giants would be better then they ended up.

Here are some things heading into this past season

O line he felt that cohesiveness would have made this o line better. Wasnt a terrible ideal. It back fire of course. But from what i hear is that Flowers and Hart arent very much team type players and that could be the reason why this failed. Is it Reeses fault ? maybe he thought the oline would unite ?? still his problem i guess for drafting those 2.

Signing JPP to that contract ? he will have to live with that decision but i guess he thought we were going to make a run and figured JPP happy and paid would have yield a better result ? backfire.

Adding Marshall/Engram and Ellison what everyone thought that was a bad idea? no one did. But again back fired. Marshall was a disaster but I expected differently.

Odell getting injured and our whole starting Wrs and most o line combination in the NFL ? not to mention most ir players then any team out there when it was all said and done. Then the losing started the locker room squabbles etc.

My point is before we roast Reese , some if it just didnt work out.

Very excited about Gettleman, he seems to want to do something and I trust this guy. Reese sat back too much i think. Our new GM isnt scared, and is completely motivated. Totally on board with him.

We have some good core young players.

Gallman, Engram, Collins, Tomlinson etc.

Offense
    What i think we need is 2 more solid Lineman. Draft or FA.
    That is all this offense needs plus health !!

Defense
    Need some playmakers. Collins /jack rabbit/snacks only ones who made plays. We need some talent in middle and all around on defense.
    JPP and Vernon didnt get it done. Lbers were a mess, Love Goodson but the guy is made out of glass ? another Beason type ?

Special teams is complete waste of my breath.

again not a Reese lover at all. But his vision for this team was somewhat on the right course regardless of what happened

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
    Before everyone flips out hear me out first. I am glad he is gone for draft woes and for some of the deals he did. And because we need a change.

but to play devils advocate. We all thought giants would be better then they ended up.

O line he felt that cohesiveness would have made this o line better. Wasnt a terrible ideal. It back fire of course. But from what i hear is that Flowers and Hart arent very much team type players and that could be the reason why this failed. Is it Reeses fault ? maybe he thought the oline would unite ?? still his problem i guess for drafting those 2.

Signing JPP to that contract ? he will have to live with that decision but i guess he thought we were going to make a run and figured JPP happy and paid would have yield a better result ? backfire.

Adding Marshall/Engram and Ellison what everyone thought that was a bad idea? no one did. But again back fired. Marshall was a disaster but I expected differently.

Odell getting injured and our whole starting Wrs and most o line combination in the NFL ? not to mention most ir players then any team out there when it was all said and done. Then the losing started the locker room squabbles etc.

Very excited about Gettleman, he seems to want to do something and I trust this guy. Reese sat back too much i think. Our new GM isnt scared, and is completely motivated. Totally on board with him.

Offense

Defense
    Need some playmakers. Collins /jack rabbit/snacks only ones who made plays. We need some talent in middle and all around on defense.
    JPP and Vernon didnt get it done. Lbers were a mess, Love Goodson but the guy is made out of glass ? another Beason type ?

again not a Reese lover at all. But his vision for this team was somewhat on the right course regardless of what happened
    As long as Gettlemen builds a good lineman and drafts off ball linebackers people will be happy.

Comment

In hindsight there were a couple of older Guards and LT's out there that werent crazy priced that turned out to be solid this year.,

Comment

Offense

Defense

Cohesiveness only helps the O Line if they are cohesive. According to reports, both Flowers and Hart essentially shunned their other linemates. Reese should have been close enough to the locker room dynamics to know this, and moved on. It was an easy excuse to do nothing, and was probably the main reason he got fired.

Comment

Stop already. Reese was garbage.
          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

I am not supporting Reese but some act on here like they knew all this was going to happen before start of the season and to me that is poppycock

Comment

I am not supporting Reese but some act on here like they knew all this was going to happen before start of the season and to me that is poppycock
              Everyone knew the offensive line was an issue going into the season. And Jerry did nothing, he basically gambled with a pair of twos against a straight flush.

Comment

The whole season is easy to sum up:

Giants: signed Ellison, a TE to help the line
                Rams: signed LT Andrew Whitworth and C John Sullivan

Enough said...

Comment

Sorry I have no regrets seeing Reese axed. Yes he did make some solid picks but too many reaches that turned out to be busts. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day
                  Last edited by Eli_QB10; 01-05-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post

Enough said...
                    How would anyone think our offense would be any better this year? Our Oline still sucks and itís been that way for 6 years. Without a reliable run game our defense is left on the field far too long. You get a couple of injuries thrown in (our depth was puss poor...our new GM mentioned this a bunch) and you are toast.

I did not expect us to have a good year at all because the glaring problems on this team were not addressed and thatís on Reese.

Comment

Enough said...
                      Vikings fixed their pitiful oline in the offseason, got rid of Peterson and picked up the Raider cast off RB and had a great run game. They are a team no one wants to play in the playoffs!

How about the Saints??? They actually planned for Breese getting older by fixing their oline and generated a two headed monster of a run game! Those two backs had multiple games where they gained over 100 yards EACH!!

Engram was in the dog house last year and he is all pro this season??? Same with Gurley. Common denominator...improved o lines.
                      Last edited by PennState1; 01-05-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Offense

Defense

The problem with reese's vision was that it was top heavy with no depth behind the starters. He banked that there would be no injuries this season and that another year under BM would do the oline some good. He lost that gamble. Unfortunately, for him and everyone else.

Comment

Enough said...
                          Many of the JR narratives don't hang together.

This year we say that the OL will be improved (among other things) because of continuity.
                          But we go sign a blocking TE to help the OL.

Last year, with one less year of "continuity"
                          We enter the season with two "non blocking TE" in Donnell and Tye.

All you have to do with the old regime is connect 1 comment from them and one other fact and there will be an immediate disconnect.
                          Last edited by jomo; 01-05-2018, 03:53 PM.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I'll put it this way about Reese......prior to Reese being canned most Giants fans I talked to had nothing but positive things to say about Reese's two predecessors (Young & Accorsi)....I don't think the same will hold true for Reese now that he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
                              Stop already. Reese was garbage.
                              +1 And thatís not poppycock!!!!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X