No announcement yet.

in defense of REESE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many missed draft picks and over-utilization of substandard free agents to even give Reese the benefit of the doubt.
    sigpic

Comment

no
      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

If I was OC, the Giants offense would be outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
          Stop already. Reese was garbage.
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
            I'll put it this way about Reese......prior to Reese being canned most Giants fans I talked to had nothing but positive things to say about Reese's two predecessors (Young & Accorsi)....I don't think the same will hold true for Reese now that he's gone.
            Reese is pure garbage as a GM, Garbage Man.

Oh, look, you are right!

Comment

Defending Reese here is like defending Manning; the similarities are striking and uncanny but it is a pointless exercise.

There are no truly objective views.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

Everyone knew the offensive line was an issue going into the season. And Jerry did nothing, he basically gambled with a pair of twos against a straight flush.
                Not only did he gamble with bad players , when he saw how bad it was with his own eyes week after week his arrogance and refusal to admit he got it wrong really hurt this team.

Comment

I think if you look back to even before last year, there was a LOT of Reese bashing going on. I don't think he was nearly as smart as he thought he was, and Mara was even less smart for giving him the power. I think his approach was more of a "roll of the dice" hoping he hit lightning in a bottle.
                  Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

I'll put it this way about Reese......prior to Reese being canned most Giants fans I talked to had nothing but positive things to say about Reese's two predecessors (Young & Accorsi)....I don't think the same will hold true for Reese now that he's gone.
                    agreed

Comment

Reese did some very good and even great things. Trading up to get Landon Collins was awesome. Taking ODB when everyone here (and around the world) didn't think we would go that route. The 2007 draft that lead to us winning a SB (they weren't the big names on this team, but we don't win that SB without that draft class).

In the end Reese failed to fix a horrendous OL and that alone is what cost him this job. Maybe we can add some blame to him hiring Mac too. This team had plenty of talent all around, but the line and Macs inability to score points is what killed him.

That is the way of life.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Despite the fact that EAs drafts were a big pile of **** before JR started running them. Oddly, no one here has a retort to this and I always bring it up when discussing JR. Who do you think scouted Cory Webster? Brandon Jacobs, Justin Tuck, Chris Snee, Gibril Wilson, Osi, Etc. The foundation of the Giants 2007 run was built by the mid round picks that JR would have hand scouted, not EA.

EA 100 % knows this, thats why he told the Giants brass to hire JR over Gettlemen. Good decision, considering we won two SB's with JR's approach. I know, I know. The two SB victories is only applicable as a defence for some individuals but it is true nonetheless.

You can choose to continue the hate and act like JR is a bad GM because he couldn't find 5 pro bowlers to protect Eli. The reality is he was a damn good GM and if Gettlemen can do half of what he did that would be great.
                        Last edited by CGYgiant; 01-05-2018, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Young was 35-53-1 in his first 6 seasons, with a 4 win and a 3 win season. If he was in the modern era he would have been fired. Obviously in hind sight we all look back and love the guy.

In 2004 up until he left people here hated EA. There were endless threads about how he was such a fool for trading for Eli and giving up so many picks.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Despite the fact that EAs drafts were a big pile of **** before JR started running them. Oddly, no one here has a retort to this and I always bring it up when discussing JR. Who do you think scouted Cory Webster? Brandon Jacobs, Justin Tuck, Chris Snee, Gibril Wilson, Osi, Etc. The foundation of the Giants 2007 run was built by the mid round picks that JR would have hand scouted, not EA.

EA 100 % knows this, thats why he told the Giants brass to hire JR over Gettlemen. Good decision, considering we won two SB's with JR's approach. I know, I know. The two SB victories is only applicable as a defence for some individuals but it is true nonetheless.

You can choose to continue the hate and act like JR is a bad GM because he couldn't find 5 pro bowlers to protect Eli. The reality is he was a damn good GM and if Gettlemen can do half of what he did that would be great.
                            Then Reese should be in demand around the league no?

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

so, perhaps he was an excellent scout, but not a good GM, like plenty of great coordinators fail miserably as head coaches. Years ago, the Knicks had a GM named Al Bianci. As a GM, he sucked, but was a pretty good talent scout. He was responsible for bringing both Mason and Starks to the team (note, he was GM at the time, two of the better moves he made).

Comment

I think Reese was a good GM whose records speaks for itself. Should have done a better job addressing the o-line by getting exceptional players but in today's NFL there is nothing like a perfect O-line. QB got to be mobile to make plays when the pocket collapses. If we had a hybrid QB(mobile/pocket) who isn't like ELi, Reese would still be our GM. Unfortunately our Franchise QB need s everything to be perfect before we can make it to the playoff or even Superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X