Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in defense of REESE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

    That is completely ridiculous. The guy won 2 SB's for God's sake.
    Oh stop!! The circle jerking of Reese from you and Gumby is ridiculous.

    Comment


    • #62
      3 of Jerry's last 4 drafts were good. 2015 was a disaster, except for landon.
      Long Live the King

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
        There is no defense of Reese.
        Better yet, Reese's 23 years as a Giant needs no defending.

        It's funny because we all have our own ideas on what he should have done different which is all well and good except of course that Jerry was the man who rose from being a scout to later become an 11 year GM that won two Super Bowls, and we didn't.

        Which is not to suggest he was perfect, but is there truly a need to sit here and continue to criticize this man?

        How terrific it must be to take on the life of the critic - doing nothing but set in search of scabs to pick.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by primetime View Post

          Oh stop!! The circle jerking of Reese from you and Gumby is ridiculous.
          Great ones don't require rationalization and excuses.

          I read that somewhere.

          He was an average GM which is ok given that he was probably promoted above his skill set.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

            Great ones don't require rationalization and excuses.

            I read that somewhere.

            He was an average GM which is ok given that he was probably promoted above his skill set.
            Is there one GM who cannot be second guessed?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

              Is there one GM who cannot be second guessed?
              Of course not. Every GM, HC and player can be second guessed.

              Comment


              • #67
                Jerry Reese is the most underappreciated member of the Giants organization I can think of. I'd bet if Reese came back to Met Life he'd get booed. And from what I understand he's a lifelong Giant that came up in the organization and won championships.

                He's the only GM besides George Young that ever won anything. Ernie Accorsi is revered by Giants fans on this board. I hear his name more than Young. People with bad perspective think he won with Accorsi's team. If Reese doesn't make the picks and free agent moves he did, you're looking at 1990 since the Giants won the chip.

                The way Giants fans view Jerry Reese is mostly emotion based. For example, people blame Reese for Flowers being a bad LT, and he wasn't drafted to play the position. They also never factor in the Giants historical run of injuries during his tenure, or the fact that he's never been able to pick his HC, and the HC he allegedly wanted would coach rings around the guy Mara chose.

                People view Reese and cherry pick what they choose to focus on. Reality is Reese did a lot of bonehead ****, but he has done a TON of good things for the Giants, and they don't have their most two recent rings without him and fans should be thankful for it.

                ​​​​​​​I'll take a guy who gives me 2 rings in 11 years any day of the week. Who wouldn't? Gettleman gonna get 3 over the next 11? Let's see. I'll take it if he does.
                It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

                Comment


                • #68
                  "You can choose to continue the hate and act like JR is a bad GM because he couldn't find 5 pro bowlers to protect Eli. The reality is he was a damn good GM and if Gettlemen can do half of what he did that would be great."
                  It is refreshing to see that JR's family still keeps tabs on the GMB!!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by primetime View Post

                    Oh stop!! The circle jerking of Reese from you and Gumby is ridiculous.
                    Homer and proud of it.
                    http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

                    Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                      no one is giving Reese a pass. He made mistakes and could have done a lot more on the OL.

                      but to completely ignore all the good he did for this team shows your.... emotional bias to help understand why someone you love is playing as poorly as he is
                      Reese has done an awful job the last 5 years. AWFUL.

                      I don't love Eli. I know his shortcomings. All you do is criticize Eli and defend Reese. Keep embarrassing yourself.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

                        Reese has done an awful job the last 5 years. AWFUL.

                        I don't love Eli. I know his shortcomings. All you do is criticize Eli and defend Reese. Keep embarrassing yourself.
                        Didn't he acquire Odell Beckham, Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins, Snacks, etc in the last 5 years? All dudes that are top 5-10 in their respective positions league wide?

                        Oh.. oh wait. Lb's and OL. Thats whats important. As evidenced with the teams winning SB's these days. Using your logic, its strange the Browns aren't winning more games. Why aren't the Cowboys 7 times SB champs the last seven years? Who has better LB/OL combo? unfathomable.

                        Im curious, when you say "LB" what does that refer to, exactly. Pass rusher? Off ball LB? You realize that an Off ball LB is probably the least valuable position with the defence we're running, right?

                        Im pretty sure you're Archie Manning.

                        PFF says Elis bad therefore you should too. Despite your relationship

                        signed, Eli weirdo
                        Last edited by CGYgiant; 01-06-2018, 06:55 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                          Didn't he acquire Odell Beckham, Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins, Snacks, etc in the last 5 years? All dudes that are top 5-10 in their respective positions league wide?

                          Oh.. oh wait. Lb's and OL. Thats whats important. As evidenced with the teams winning SB's these days. Using your logic, its strange the Browns aren't winning more games. Why aren't the Cowboys 7 times SB champs the last seven years? Who has better LB/OL combo? unfathomable.

                          Im curious, when you say "LB" what does that refer to, exactly. Pass rusher? Off ball LB? You realize that an Off ball LB is probably the least valuable position with the defence we're running, right?

                          Im pretty sure you're Archie Manning.

                          PFF says Elis bad therefore you should too. Despite your relationship

                          signed, Eli weirdo
                          Odell Beckham, Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins, Snacks 4 good players. You completely ignored the majority of the roster which Reese assembled that is awful. Keep ignoring all the bad free agent signings, and of course most of the players drafted in rounds 3 thru 7.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Someone linked to an article in this thread which mentioned that Reese only drafted 6 pro bowlers since 2007.

                            I think the Cowboys had the most pro bowlers while the Patriots had two more than us.



                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

                              Odell Beckham, Landon Collins, Janoris Jenkins, Snacks 4 good players. You completely ignored the majority of the roster which Reese assembled that is awful. Keep ignoring all the bad free agent signings, and of course most of the players drafted in rounds 3 thru 7.
                              Do you think Reese’s role to scout every player they draft? Particularily, those drafted 3-7? Do you think any GM runs their drafts during that portion of the draft?

                              If if you do, you don’t understand how FOs work which is not surprising.

                              what do you think what scouting department and Marc Ross did?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                                The best part is you guys don’t even have a clue what the GMs role is in the scouting process.

                                what do you think Marc Ross did all these years? Do you think JR scouted every player we drafted?

                                JR absolutely ran EAs draft. If you know anything, which you evidently don’t.

                                Player evaluation, sometimes called scouting, is a central part of a director of player personnel's job. He must pull together all the information on a player, including input from team scouts and coaches, recruiting services and other sources, to present to the general manager and head coach.

                                go watch the series “finding Giants” you won’t need to make things up anymore
                                I've watched that entire series in the past, perhaps I missed something. So by all means tell me which video to watch that proves your right and me wrong. According to the Giants own website the VP of Player Evaluation runs the draft, NOT the director of player personnel. That position was held by Marc Ross until last week and was held by Chris Mara from 2003 - 2011.

                                I'm not going to insult your intelligence or claim to be smarter than you or any of the crap you did to me, I will simply ask you this. What evidence do you have that Jerry Reese ran the drafts for EA and/or scouted all the players you named? He was the director of player personnel, a position that does not even exist anymore in the Giants front office as far as I can tell.
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

                                "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X