Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Yes, but he could have waited and played out the tender and it would have been a guarantee that as a UFA he got a better offer from another team if he repeated anything close to his performance in the last 3 years. He left that chance for increased money on the table and signed the long term deal.

I think he think's he's better than Percy Harvin. He's got a good case.
    Of course. But that was HIS choice. He could have played out the tender year and become an UFA. He CHOSE not to. No one held a gun to his head.

But as I said, he was asked a leading question and has shown recently that he needs a little more training in "media savvy".
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Of course. But that was HIS choice. He could have played out the tender year and become an UFA. He CHOSE not to. No one held a gun to his head.

But as I said, he was asked a leading question and has shown recently that he needs a little more training in "media savvy".
      His choice was part of that hometown discount. I have no problem with his comment on Saturday. I PM you to explain further.
      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I dont know, he seemed pretty savvy before this summer and his deal.

(im just trying to piss off RF and Rudy now lol)

Comment

Yes, but he could have waited and played out the tender and it would have been a guarantee that as a UFA he got a better offer from another team if he repeated anything close to his performance in the last 3 years. He left that chance for increased money on the table and signed the long term deal.

I think he think's he's better than Percy Harvin. He's got a good case.
          Can you guarantee he would not get injured?

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
            Players have taken the risk before. Flacco and Wallace did last year and look how it turned out for them. Ridiculous deals.
            sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
              No guarantees in football. The scenario where he gets a much better contract after next year is based on HUGE ifs. He made the best move. $15 million in the bank no matter what happens tomorrow, even if he thinks he's worth just as much or more money than Percy.

I said he could make the case he's better than Percy, but I don't think so. Percy in NY would be insane lined up next to Nicks. Percy has been catching balls from Chris Ponder. You can't tell me that has not affected his productivity. Russell is an upgrade, but neither one are Eli.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
                is his dog laughing cause Cruz signed the contract?? lol
                Why does that Dog have Sunglasses on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  I guess we can add animal cruelty to Cruz's ever growing resume.

-edit: that was a joke btw for our more sensitive members
                  Last edited by Rusty192; 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Cataracts
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

BTW RF, since I was "away" last week, I would say that the $15MM guarantee was pretty close to what I was calling for. I'm happy with the deal for the team.
                      And welcome back my friend. It is not the same without morehead.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        And welcome back my friend. It is not the same without morehead.
                        what guy cant use morehead.......
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          what guy cant use morehead.......

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

• Lol wow
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• I've read through most of this thread, and I think everyone brings up very valid points that I agree with "both sides". However, this question asked to Cruz was clearly trying to set him up to give a controversial answer or stir the pot. My personal opinion is I wish he would've just given a simple "I am happy to be a New York Giant" but what he said wasn't bad...just poorly worded I think. Maybe Eli can give him some lessons in answering the media.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

No guarantees in football. The scenario where he gets a much better contract after next year is based on HUGE ifs. He made the best move. $15 million in the bank no matter what happens tomorrow, even if he thinks he's worth just as much or more money than Percy.

I said he could make the case he's better than Percy, but I don't think so. Percy in NY would be insane lined up next to Nicks. Percy has been catching balls from Chris Ponder. You can't tell me that has not affected his productivity. Russell is an upgrade, but neither one are Eli.
                                Exactly! I called it from the start! It's the intelligent move regardless of what MIGHT happen. It was like watching a movie you have already seen a couple of times. RFA waits for a call; team throws out the tender; RFA waits for a miracle; non comes; RFA signs the tender; RFA signs a deal. It ain't baseball or tidleywinks. Its football, a violent, violent game. Go Giants!

Comment

Working...
                                X