Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he has a great argument and I can see why the negotiations took a long time. People say Wallace and Harvin are big play guys that is why they got those big contracts, but depending on how you crunch the numbers, Cruz has more big plays then both of them combined in the passing game. Not more than one or the other, but both combined in the past 2 years.

As long as he still plays with a fire and the Salsa is happening early and often I don't care what he thinks about his contract. Cruz is my dog! We are going to light them up this year!
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      You said he's not content with his contract while he says he is. I wonder who's right?
      With bunch of caveats...I signed less, I would have gotten more, blah, blah, blah...

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
        With bunch of caveats...I signed less, I would have gotten more, blah, blah, blah...
        I don't know why he had to go there. He didn't really think it through.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
          You just aren't going to be a fan, we get it.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• The thing is that he got elite slot reciever money. He could have played out of his mind on an RFA tender this year and he still wouldn't have received Mike Wallace money. Mike Wallace got elite wideout money(which I'm not even sure he deserves), Cruz got elite slot reciever money. The best slots make in the 6M range, he blew that away. It always amazes me when players think you can go deep sea fishing in a puddle.
            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
              The thing is that he got elite slot reciever money. He could have played out of his mind on an RFA tender this year and he still wouldn't have received Mike Wallace money. Mike Wallace got elite wideout money(which I'm not even sure he deserves), Cruz got elite slot reciever money. The best slots make in the 6M range, he blew that away. It always amazes me when players think you can go deep sea fishing in a puddle.
              You make good sense. The deal is that their agents' job is to get them as much as possible. There is nothing wrong with that. That leads agents to using UFA money as a "comparable" for their RFA client. It also leads them to use wide receiver comparables for their slot clients. It is the job of our GM to bring the agent back to true comparables and to reality. JR did a good job of that in the Cruz negotiations IMO.
              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                The thing is that he got elite slot reciever money. He could have played out of his mind on an RFA tender this year and he still wouldn't have received Mike Wallace money. Mike Wallace got elite wideout money(which I'm not even sure he deserves), Cruz got elite slot reciever money. The best slots make in the 6M range, he blew that away. It always amazes me when players think you can go deep sea fishing in a puddle.
                Yes and no - the popular misconception is that Welker got 6M per year, but factor in his signing bonus and its 8.

Comment

• He has gone from lovable to bum in one easy week.........someone need to take his phone away from him
                  He desperately needs a PR advisor....He is beginning to remind me of Alex Rodrequez

Comment

• The Martin comment, and the underpaid insinuation are stupid and foolish, but let's not jump the gun lol.
                    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• i love cruz and all but i prey he doesnt pull an osi in 2 years. he signed it, he took bad advice from his agents imo and reese got the upper hand, now live with it.

Comment

• Cruz has bills to pay and his play was not enough. Forget about his stats for two years because if the Giants are unable to get other talents, then they are going to pay for only Cruz's services wich are good, but not enough. Giants have to pay for a lot of talent because there are a good amount of teams getting their talent and may have more than the Giants. Giants didn't do so well last year and it was not their fault. They didn't have enough talent last year. The D-line was not talented enough and Cruz wasn't talented enough last year either. He had some real good games cause Nicks was healthy. Once that other talent went away, Cruz started to have some troubles. It was so bad that he did nothing in two games where he should have at least played a good game against the Bengals or the Falcons. If he was so good, then where was he against the Falcons? Their D was tough but Cruz should have at least one td in that game.
                        Last edited by Diamondring; 07-20-2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Over the past few months, Victor is proving to be a real schmuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                            Over the past few months, Victor is proving to be a real schmuck.
                            I don't know that I would go so far as that, but he certainly hasn't maintained the image of blue collar player, playing simply for the love of the game. He deserves his payday, but I do wish he would learn to keep a lower profile on controversial topics and not answer questions about things like his salary when his fans consist primarily of people who won't make as much in their lifetime as he will make in a single year.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              i love cruz and all but i prey he doesnt pull an osi in 2 years. he signed it, he took bad advice from his agents imo and reese got the upper hand, now live with it.
                              He already pulled an Osi

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
                                I don't know that I would go so far as that, but he certainly hasn't maintained the image of blue collar player, playing simply for the love of the game. He deserves his payday, but I do wish he would learn to keep a lower profile on controversial topics and not answer questions about things like his salary when his fans consist primarily of people who won't make as much in their lifetime as he will make in a single year.
                                I wouldn't just based on his salary comments but his tweet about "hood justice" in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict was completely classless.

Comment

Working...
                                X