Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruz says it's tough to take less money.

http://sport-ne.ws/xge

What I find interesting is that his love for his family and the Giants were more important to him than getting a huge payday somewhere else. I rememer mentioning that, and people said that players go where the money is, not their loyalty. Not always the case.
    Mood: WOOF!

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post

What I find interesting is that his love for his family and the Giants were more important to him than getting a huge payday somewhere else. I rememer mentioning that, and people said that players go where the money is, not their loyalty. Not always the case.
    The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.

Every player's agent is going to use the contracts of UFA when negotiating for ther RFA client but that isn't reality.

Now if VC wanted to sit out the year or sign for the tender offer AND bear the risk of injury the whole thing would be different.

I think we landed in the right spot for both parties.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I'm not surprised that matters more to him, it's pretty much been obvious his Mom and Abuela were his most influential role models growing up.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        The thing is, there WAS NO huge payday available elsewhere and that is why we settled in where we settled in. He got a fair payday and good security considering that he was a RFA and not a UFA.
        I was going to mention that too.

It's not like he really had a choice either, nonetheless, it was an interesting comment on his part.

Comment

He has always said he wanted to retire a Giant, and now he probably will. Good news story all the way around.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I was going to mention that too.

It's not like he really had a choice either, nonetheless, it was an interesting comment on his part.
            I like the young man and am thrilled to have him locked up. Whatever words he uses to find comfort in the deal he signed are fine by me.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              I'm not surprised that matters more to him, it's pretty much been obvious his Mom and Abuela were his most influential role models growing up.
              B-b-b-b-but, but, but, I thought he was a diva, drama case that was turning into a locker room cancer????!!!?!?!?!?!
              I bELIeve in February 4, 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Providence View Post
                B-b-b-b-but, but, but, I thought he was a diva, drama case that was turning into a locker room cancer????!!!?!?!?!?!
                Nah, that was last month.......

Comment

Cruz would have got a lot more if he played out the tender year, put up good numbers and stayed injury free. Look at Mike Wallace.
                  sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                    Cruz would have got a lot more if he played out the tender year, put up good numbers and stayed injury free. Look at Mike Wallace.
                    Elementary my dear Watson!

But he didn't, so he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Providence View Post
                      Yup, while everyone was telling him to hurry up and calling him diva and greedy..he was thinking about the Giants and his opportunities here.

Comment

There was no offer anywhere else because he didn't look for one. He told his agent not to consider deals from other teams. I think we got a great deal. Had he chose the money I would not have been mad at him.

These players have lives and families of their own. Life does not begin and end with loyalty to the job or the company you work with. I'm sure for some players playing football is just a job and they will work for the highest bidder.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I can get used to it....

A couple more years of this....
                          Last edited by giantscolombia; 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM.

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                            He needs an image dog!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                              I dress him everyday. I'm good.

Comment

Working...
                              X