Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel Eli has lost his mojo.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Truth is I came down with the flu on Monday, and havenít been myself all week.

I didnt set out to write that post. I set out to write about the consequences of the benching but the OP came out instead.

Go figure.
      So you created yet another Eli thread because of the flu? Or this one was more complementary because of the flu?

I dont think you need an excuse to create another Eli thread. Just sayin...

Comment

Everyone knew the day was coming where father time would take Eli from the Giants on to his next phase of life, but no one expected it would be in 2017.

I don't care who you are, being benched after starting 210 games in the NFL had to send such a severe jolt to the system. Even to the system of a guy who has seemingly handled everything thrown his way about as well as anyone.

So with an off-season in front of us, what will this realization of the final years by for Eli Manning? It seems almost fitting that Eli's story would conclude with this past year's speed-bump propelling him to another championship -- with the Giants, or if not, then with Tom down in Jacksonville. Both of those scenarios would write the perfect ending for Eli, but obviously, the former would satisfy Giants fans the most while allowing Eli to go out on top.

The reality however is "the story" has never been what Eli's after. Eli's focus has never wavered. He's always wanted to play and win championships for the NY Giants. Hopefully he'll get one more chance.

But no matter how this thing ends. Here's to Eli and what he's done for us Giants fans. Anything more, is just gravy.
        You donít know how refreshing it is, to read such an intelligent and thoughtful post about Eli.
        Very nicely done!!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Rosey, the final line of your thread. I was wondering where the "gravy" came in. And I too am very thankful that we had Eli all these years. But who knows what's happening next year.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So you created yet another Eli thread because of the flu? Or this one was more complementary because of the flu?

I dont think you need an excuse to create another Eli thread. Just sayin...
            I think a new moniker is in order.

How about CynicalDon?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

You donít know how refreshing it is, to read such an intelligent and thoughtful post about Eli.
              Very nicely done!!

Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                Rosey, the final line of your thread. I was wondering where the "gravy" came in. And I too am very thankful that we had Eli all these years. But who knows what's happening next year.
                Just my way of saying thanks.

Comment

When i first saw this, i rubbed my eyes thinking i was seeing things. Blamed it on lack of sleep. Now 7 hours later, i'm all wired up on caffeine, visit the giants board and it's still here. WTH i can't believe this.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

+1

Well said

Now hold on for the Eli Basher attacks...lol
                    Yeah he need to stop making idiotic throws.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post

Yeah he need to stop making idiotic throws.
                      LOL

Comment

Give him a decent line this year and a good defense like 2016 and heíll win another SB next year.

Comment

I was perplexed by the civil tone and intelligent responses all the way to page 3 of this thread and then sure enough diamond showed up.

Now all is back to the natural way of things.
                          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                          "No...I didn't."
                          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I think a new moniker is in order.

How about CynicalDon?
                            More like TiredDon, wading through all the Eli ;-o

Comment

Everyone knew the day was coming where father time would take Eli from the Giants on to his next phase of life, but no one expected it would be in 2017.

I don't care who you are, being benched after starting 210 games in the NFL had to send such a severe jolt to the system. Even to the system of a guy who has seemingly handled everything thrown his way about as well as anyone.

So with an off-season in front of us, what will this realization of the final years be for Eli Manning? It seems almost fitting that Eli's story would conclude with this past year's "speed-bump" propelling him to yet another championship with the Giant. Or if not, then with Tom down in Jacksonville. Both of those scenarios would write the perfect ending for Eli, but obviously, the former would satisfy Giants fans the most while allowing Eli to go out on top.

The reality however is "the story" has never been what Eli's after. Eli's focus has never wavered. He's always wanted to play and win championships for the NY Giants. Hopefully he'll get one more chance.

But no matter how this thing ends. Here's to Eli and what he's done for us Giants fans. Anything more, is just gravy.
                              Well said Rosie.
                              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

+1

Well said

Now hold on for the Eli Basher attacks...lol
                                They would be off base here Rosey's a straight shooter he's not a hater or a apologist just giving the man the respect he deserves.

Comment

Working...
                                X