Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Richburg?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What happened to Richburg?

    He looked to be a budding star but the last two years, his play has really fallen off. He looks like a shell of his former self.

  • #2
    He's a FA, not likely to be resigned by the Giants. Jones has earned the starting center spot over him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Another wasted opportunity. He just flamed out

      Comment


      • #4
        Another high draft bust by Reese.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post
          He looked to be a budding star but the last two years, his play has really fallen off. He looks like a shell of his former self.
          Heís great in pass pro. Excellent. Hasnít been as good as he was in 2015 where he was a top 5 center. He still plays well when he does play that is.

          Why the Giants shut him down when he was fully healthy boggles my mind. Unless they felt that would give them the negotiating edge. Richburg said he still wants to play here which I find strange.

          hes a much better run blocker than Jones.

          Comment


          • #6
            He's awful. The dude get's push back on every other play.

            Comment


            • #7
              The line lives and dies together. There is a reason most pro bowl linemen come from teams with other pro bowl linemen. Look at our line from the SB. They were a pretty poor line, then suddenly they all got good and 3 of them became All Pro linemen. I bet Richburg would be a really good center if he was on a good line, the same goes for Pugh. This line was just so bad the last two years it is hard for any of them to excel. A low tide sinks all ships.
              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

              "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't know to blame this more on the scouting or the coaching. When the scouting recommended him he was like the 2nd Center in the draft. Were they wrong or didn't the coaching develop him ?

                Remember his first year he played Guard and was awful to mediocre. 2nd year looked 100% improvement at Center. 3rd year I really don't know if he was good or not but compared to the mess we had at Tackles he looked good. His last year his 4th year this year he sucked and missed half the season. Jones was so much better the difference was like day and night.

                IMHO let him walk save money were not missing anything. He can be replaced by a lower draft pick than the 2nd rd like he was. Jones is the starter we just need a backup. Reese tried but he just kept missing on the OL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                  The line lives and dies together. There is a reason most pro bowl linemen come from teams with other pro bowl linemen. Look at our line from the SB. They were a pretty poor line, then suddenly they all got good and 3 of them became All Pro linemen. I bet Richburg would be a really good center if he was on a good line, the same goes for Pugh. This line was just so bad the last two years it is hard for any of them to excel. A low tide sinks all ships.
                  I don't foresee Richburg ever being good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Too weak, gets blown up too often.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Every time I turn on the film it's just little technique stuff. If I was the o-line coach, those guys wouldn't leave the field until we got it right. I would go Bear Bryant on their ***." -Shaun O'Hara
                      When Shaun said this earlier this past season some Giants fans got all in their Feelings about it but he was/is 100% Correct. Poorly coached group of Lineman with Awful Technique and that is ALL OF THEM not just Flowers. Neither of them are consistent, Pugh haven't lived up to his potential either. Jerry actually played Left Guard BETTER than Pugh, let that sink in lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
                        Too weak, gets blown up too often.
                        Sounds right from what Iíve seen.

                        Richburg was Rossí guy.

                        I have yet to see the reason we drafted him.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sicko View Post

                          When Shaun said this earlier this past season some Giants fans got all in their Feelings about it but he was/is 100% Correct. Poorly coached group of Lineman with Awful Technique and that is ALL OF THEM not just Flowers. Neither of them are consistent, Pugh haven't lived up to his potential either. Jerry actually played Left Guard BETTER than Pugh, let that sink in lol
                          And Pugh played better that Hart at RT, while Jones played better than Richburg at center.

                          And 75 looked just as good as JJ at RG.

                          I have a sneaking suspicion we had a coaching problem.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bad pick, and I liked it at the time. Too weak to play the game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

                              Heís great in pass pro. Excellent. Hasnít been as good as he was in 2015 where he was a top 5 center. He still plays well when he does play that is.

                              Why the Giants shut him down when he was fully healthy boggles my mind. Unless they felt that would give them the negotiating edge. Richburg said he still wants to play here which I find strange.

                              hes a much better run blocker than Jones.
                              I don't know what player you are watching.
                              Richburg, is total bust. A finesse player that avoids as much contact as possible. Let some other team sign him.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X