No announcement yet.

What happened to Richburg?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling Richburg a bust would be incorrect. Jerry happened to do well at that position, but because one player gets better than the incumbent, does not make them a bust. He's been injured 2 years in a row.

He will get a starting job, so stop with the nonsense.
    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

He was never looking like an all pro. Even the joke of the pro bowl didn't notice he stellar play in 2016 and get voted in. Only stat that showed he played well that year was he didn't give up much pressures. Other than that he was terrible at run blocking, he always couldn't get his man moved in either directions. The nose tackles or defensive tackles usually had their way with him. So saying he played at an all pro level is laughable, I'm sure his agent is using that very line to have potential teams sign him.
      he was servicable, I remember people were talking good about him the past 2 years once he moved from guard to center, this year he looked way worse and is the reason OP made this thread. TBH I dont pay attention much to OL and never did, I seem to focus more on the DL since its more fun to watch. This still doesnt answer the question of how any of this matters when we only have 2 OL left and 1 LB left....if he was an all pro or even above average how the hell would we resign him with 26mill cap and 28 players going to FA. So he doesnt matter at all and a rookie or jones can easily replace him till they they build this OL. I think Reese tried his best by draft a OL early rounds but not his fault they didnt turn out right...who would of you picked as Center 2014 year?
      Last edited by NephilimGiants; 01-07-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorwoodBlue View Post

You're hitting on an issue here that has hurt many teams , not just he Giants. In the last CBA, the players basically took the negotiating positon that they're coached too much, and should practice far less than they used to. For some reason, management let that one slip into the contract. O'hara may be right about lack of fundamentals; but the coaching staff doesn't have enough practice time to actually work it to death like O'hara says. It's a bad contract clause that's hurting the development of young players. Who benefits from poor development of young players? Obviously, the older veterans who negotiate the contract. It's a catch 22 that's hurting the quality of the product.
        That is another issue I forgot about that. That is why Leadership from players is now Vital. Since the coaches can't do it any more, Veteran Leaders can get the young guys together and get them to do some extra work to get better as a unit. You can't just have a group of 20 Somethings without that proven Veteran Leadership keeping them from doing things like Flowers and Hart did. Or the Infamous Boat Trip the season before because all of our Receivers was young and dumb including Beckham he was only 23-24 at the time and it wasn't a Veteran to step in and say that is not a great idea so they brought in Marshall. They should've added Andew Whitworth as well to provide leadership for that Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

And Pugh played better that Hart at RT, while Jones played better than Richburg at center.

And 75 looked just as good as JJ at RG.

I have a sneaking suspicion we had a coaching problem.
          Yeah he is clearly a better Tackle than Guard

Comment

Originally posted by NephilimGiants View Post

gotacha...so when he was looking like an all pro center he was bigger, stronger and nastier....this year he got smaller weaker cleaner
            Never looked like an all pro to me and never a good run blocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicko View Post

When Shaun said this earlier this past season some Giants fans got all in their Feelings about it but he was/is 100% Correct. Poorly coached group of Lineman with Awful Technique and that is ALL OF THEM not just Flowers. Neither of them are consistent, Pugh haven't lived up to his potential either. Jerry actually played Left Guard BETTER than Pugh, let that sink in lol
              Pugh is so overrated itís not even funny and I canít believe people put him as this 10 million dollar lineman. Iíd take Andrew Norwell over him any day.

Comment

He isnít healthy. I can almost guarantee he will miss multiple games next season (wherever he is) with a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
                  Pugh is so overrated itís not even funny and I canít believe people put him as this 10 million dollar lineman. Iíd take Andrew Norwell over him any day.
                  I agree! he is not worth big bucks

Comment

My problem with him is his ability to identify and call the protection. From what I have seen he lacks it.
                    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by AK_91207 View Post

I respectfully disagree with the budding star statement, he was pretty good his second year, that's about it.

once he got hurt a CFL player proved to be superior to him and took his spot, rightfully so.

I think it's over for him here.
                      I agree. I think that Jones is the keeper.

Comment

He is weak, gets thrown around in every game.
                        1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

And Pugh played better that Hart at RT, while Jones played better than Richburg at center.

And 75 looked just as good as JJ at RG.

I have a sneaking suspicion we had a coaching problem.
                          Yes we do, same with LBs.
                          1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            Another high draft bust by Reese.
                            among a very
                            long list of many

Comment

I think Pugh is a pretty good lineman, when he is healthy. Problem is that he has not played a full 16 game schedule in any of his 5 years on the team, and now has a serious back injury. Unless we get a major home-town discount, I would not resign him.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                                I think Pugh is a pretty good lineman, when he is healthy. Problem is that he has not played a full 16 game schedule in any of his 5 years on the team, and now has a serious back injury. Unless we get a major home-town discount, I would not resign him.
                                Pretty good doesn't justify his draft position though. He has never even sniffed a pro bowl.

Richburg has always been weak up front resulting in lack of being able to run block which leads to this team never being able to get that 1 yard.

Comment

Working...
                                X