X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
    I wish I was gm.
    ....of a McDonald's in Nebraska
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I wish I was gm.
      Hard to run a draft in the confines of a padded room, but hey.....you can still dream!
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

JPP and Olivier Vernon struck gold on Jerry Reese and the Giants franchise. Good luck to Gettleman.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcC View Post
          The team needs to make a lot of changes to become competitive over the next few years. Here are some key changes I would make. The idea is to move away from monstrous contracts that do not fit into the plans of the future. If any of those players can be moved for draft picks, all the better. Money amounts after player name are the dead money for each player if cut.

Pre-June 1 Cuts/Trades:
          Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie 2m
          Brandon Marshall 1m
          Dwayne Harris 1.6m

Post-June 1 Cuts/Trades:
          Eli Manning 6.2m 2018, 6.2m 2019
          Janoris Jenkins 2m 2018, 4m 2019
          Rhett Ellison 3.275m 2018, 1.5m 2019

2019 Performance Based Cuts/Trades:
          Jason Pierre-Paul
          Olivier Vernon
          John Jerry
          Brad Wing

I would even consider trading Odell away depending on where I thought the team was. Why overpay for a receiver if you have no OL/QB to help him be productive.
          We'd need to make a lot of changes if we get rid of our entire team as you suggest. Despite common belief among most couch coaches and media, we're not far from being a competitive team. Offensively, we have more weapons than most. We simply need to bolster the OL. If our goal is to move away from Eli, then this process may take a bit longer, but offensively we're not far. Defensively, add more bodies to the DL. The lack of rotation was evident last year. JPP and Vernon play something like 98% of the snaps. That seems absurd.

We can always improve other positions, but if we get back to the basics and bolster our lines we'll be OK.
          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

The roster has some quality players (really high paid) but Reese has left the team in cap hell with very little talent on affordable contracts. The biggest problem with Reese is his complete whiffing on players that contribute outside his first 2 picks. In the NFL you need depth and his depth picks rounds 3-7 are probably the worst in the NFL. Honestly if I was a coach I'd rather take the Browns job over the Giants job. They have a ton of cap space and a ton of draft picks. I could mold the team in my image. There is an opportunity for building without a 2 year tear down. The new coach and GM here probably get fired by the time the tear down is done.
            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-07-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

We'd need to make a lot of changes if we get rid of our entire team as you suggest. Despite common belief among most couch coaches and media, we're not far from being a competitive team. Offensively, we have more weapons than most. We simply need to bolster the OL. If our goal is to move away from Eli, then this process may take a bit longer, but offensively we're not far. Defensively, add more bodies to the DL. The lack of rotation was evident last year. JPP and Vernon play something like 98% of the snaps. That seems absurd.

We can always improve other positions, but if we get back to the basics and bolster our lines we'll be OK.
              The Dline has to play a ton of snaps because they have no resources left after paying them all 10 million a year

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Hard to run a draft in the confines of a padded room, but hey.....you can still dream!
                Stop acting like a child if you can do that.

Comment

I wanna cut Janoris Jenkins. This guy is the best corner we have had here in quite awhile. He is elite IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post

The Dline has to play a ton of snaps because they have no resources left after paying them all 10 million a year
                    Okwara and Moss were both inactive in games at the end of the season. They have players and neither JPP nor Vernon should be playing 90% of snaps.

Comment

Re sign Cockrell, Fluker, and Kennard, everyone else can walk

cut marshall and harris

trade JPP for a 2nd or 3rd rounder
                      trade John Jerry for a 3rd or 4th rounder

sign WR Jarvis Landry
                      sign LG Andrew Norwell
                      sign LB Avery Williamson
                      sign CB EJ Gaines
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

So basically give away the entire team and become the Cleveland Browns. Sounds like an interesting plan!

Comment

I wish I was gm.
                          of course and you would be just like Reese. 'the oline is fine"
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

of course and you would be just like Reese. 'the oline is fine"
                            Um have you looked at the games today? No O-line gives qbs all day to throw. Bills only scored 3 points and their O-line is suppose to be better than the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by dannydufflebags View Post
                                Yes, thank god you arenít the GM.
                                100%

Comment

Working...
                                X