Gettelman and future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post

You are in a very small minority who thinks this years Giants Oline was not bad. I would say it may be the worst Giants Oline I have seen and I have been watching for 50+ years.
    Without a doubt.
    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Hindsight is 20/20 but we missed out on Ramczyk, Cam Robinson, Dawkins and Pat Elfein. SMH
      We hit with Engram Tomlinson and Gallman. Bisnowaty and Moss look promising . All in all it is looking to be a good draft.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Looking at the Panthers game vs the Saints...Gettleman is going to have to do a better job drafting on the Offensive Side. He didn't do a good job building around Cam Newton AT ALL. Didn't leave him with much to work with and he never really fix that Offensive Line either

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

We hit with Engram Tomlinson and Gallman. Bisnowaty and Moss look promising . All in all it is looking to be a good draft.
          It was a very good draft but we needed a LT more than a TE even though I love Engram. The reason JR got fired was because of his misses on the O-line. They were good O-linemen to be had in the first three rounds and he didn't choose one. He deserve to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

You make numerous statements in this post. Not one of them is correct
            He's nothing if not consistent.
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
              The O-line is not bad like people make it seem. Giants have over 3,000 yards passing wich is close to 4,000 yards than 2,000. We need receivers wich is one of the real problem. Look at the Bil's and Jag's game and see how good and bad their O-lines are and you ahould make the same statement for them..
              Diamond, I couldn't disagree more. The reason Eli had over 3000 yds passing is 99% Eli. No 1 receiver on team out averages over 1300 yds per season. He got the most out of that receiving core that you could expect. 2-3 seconds to get rid of ball for the last 2 years. No run game, came on a little at end but Fluker and Jones made it happen. Couldn't count on run or pass all because of the OL.

The Jags and Bills OL at least can run block all year long. It's just their QB's weren't good enough to take advantage. Imagine an Eli on either of those offenses or how about Cousins or Alex Smith ? There both expected to break loose this year. Perhaps Bradford if Keenum signs or is franchised.

Comment

Look at the Bills and Jags. Look at their O-lines and scores. You would see their O will have troubles too.
                Both teams have great run blocking o lines.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Diamond, I couldn't disagree more. The reason Eli had over 3000 yds passing is 99% Eli. No 1 receiver on team out averages over 1300 yds per season. He got the most out of that receiving core that you could expect. 2-3 seconds to get rid of ball for the last 2 years. No run game, came on a little at end but Fluker and Jones made it happen. Couldn't count on run or pass all because of the OL.

The Jags and Bills OL at least can run block all year long. It's just their QB's weren't good enough to take advantage. Imagine an Eli on either of those offenses or how about Cousins or Alex Smith ? There both expected to break loose this year. Perhaps Bradford if Keenum signs or is franchised.
                  The reason why he has over 3,000 yards because he had time to throw.

Comment

The reason why he has over 3,000 yards because he had time to throw.
                    He had 3 seconds to get the ball out quick on slants and hooks. Supposedly that was McAdoos game plan in the West Coast offense. It's the game plan in almost every west coast offense. It was really a job well done this year to achieve 3000 yds. There were games we had 5th, 6th, and 7th WR's starting. Plus no consistent run game.

Comment

He had 3 seconds to get the ball out quick on slants and hooks. Supposedly that was McAdoos game plan in the West Coast offense. It's the game plan in almost every west coast offense. It was really a job well done this year to achieve 3000 yds. There were games we had 5th, 6th, and 7th WR's starting. Plus no consistent run game.
                      He had 3 seconds to get rid of the ball on slants and hooks. The ball has to come out quick on quick slants and on hooks, the receiver got to be able to be a deep threat and have speed and the defender has to give him room on hook passes.

​​​​OC's have different game pla​ns and all passes need blocks in order order for the paases to be successful. If the O-line is that bad there would be many knock down passes especially when you claim that Eli threw a lot of short passes.

Now did Eli had over 3,000 yards. Did two backs have over 4.0 average? Yes so the O-line did itts job. Eli should have had more than 3,000 yards and there are different kind of offense that don't need a consistent running game in order for it to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Hindsight is 20/20 but we missed out on Ramczyk, Cam Robinson, Dawkins and Pat Elfein. SMH
                        And Tunsil

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post

You are in a very small minority who thinks this years Giants Oline was not bad. I would say it may be the worst Giants Oline I have seen and I have been watching for 50+ years.
                          2013 was worse. But this one was still not good.

Comment

He had 3 seconds to get rid of the ball on slants and hooks. The ball has to come out quick on quick slants and on hooks, the receiver got to be able to be a deep threat and have speed and the defender has to give him room on hook passes.

​​​​OC's have different game pla​ns and all passes need blocks in order order for the paases to be successful. If the O-line is that bad there would be many knock down passes especially when you claim that Eli threw a lot of short passes.

Now did Eli had over 3,000 yards. Did two backs have over 4.0 average? Yes so the O-line did itts job. Eli should have had more than 3,000 yards and there are different kind of offense that don't need a consistent running game in order for it to be successful.
                            Were just going to disagree on this subject Diamond, but that's all right were all aloud to give our opinions.

Comment

Were just going to disagree on this subject Diamond, but that's all right were all aloud to give our opinions.
                              ?

Comment

Working...
                              X