Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Could Eli Apple be such a peice of **** that it actually helps /forces Odell to FINALLY grow up and be a leader on this team?

This were tweets summarized into a web page via bleacher report so I'm sorry if this link came out wrong..

Apple :Iíd rather be hated than loved cause the love was always fake keep that hate coming tho yíall gonna see the real me this yr

Odell :Brooooo I kno it feels good to tell these ppl off , trust me I would love nothin more than to do the same. But donít waste ur time on these ppl, half the ppl donít even have real accounts. Stop bro, ur better than that. U werenít... and I wasnít... good enough this year.

​​​​​​But this was interesting to me. I think it is really encouraging to see Odell at least TRY to take up a leadership role and be responsible trying to help out his young troubled teammate.

I am starting to think it is possible that Apple will remain on this team.. Although I think that is mainly because the Giants won't be able to get anything of value back for him.
    New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. offered some advice for teammate Eli Apple, suggesting the cornerback not waste his time with people on Twitter because he is "better ...

the only problem with Apple staying on the team that it wont take much for him to be set off or other players towards him .Especially Collins.
    BUt who knows. I really dont know much about a pro team locker room and how they function
    Lets see if he gets pissed at OB for saying he wasnt good enough this season.
    Last edited by GameTime; 01-08-2018, 09:55 AM.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Good to see from Odell, needs to lead with his actions now. I do think Apple can remain on this team, he just gotta sort out that off field big time. He owes a big apology to the organisation. Sorting out that off field will make him better on the field. But 1 slip up and he should go.

Comment

It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.

Comment

Doubt it.....Odell should be taking notes from a younger Michael Thomas on the Saints......guy is a class act and on pace to put up better numbers than Odell.....catches the ball.....doesn't dance....goes back to the huddle.....does it again.......and again and again.......doesn't talk trash besides making the occasional muscle or first down signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZO9...feature=onebox

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
            Doubt it.....Odell should be taking notes from a younger Michael Thomas on the Saints......guy is a class act and on pace to put up better numbers than Odell.....catches the ball.....doesn't dance....goes back to the huddle.....does it again.......and again and again.......doesn't talk trash besides making the occasional muscle or first down signal.

On pace to put up better numbers than Odell?? You sure about that??

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
              It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
              Eli is a leader. What makes you think he isn't?

Comment

On pace to put up better numbers? He plays with a much better QB and still hasn't put up better numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Eli is a leader. What makes you think he isn't?
                  He's the silent type huh? That's all good, I like my QBs to be the vocal type instead of leading by example.

Comment

On pace to put up better numbers? He plays with a much better QB and still hasn't put up better numbers.
                    Would trade for him straight up in a heartbeat......

Comment

He's the silent type huh? That's all good, I like my QBs to be the vocal type instead of leading by example.
                      Oh ok so he's not your type of leader. How many SB did Rivers win with all his barking?

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Oh ok so he's not your type of leader. How many SB did Rivers win with all his barking?
                        I personally don' think he's any kind of leader. Having said that I can't know everything that happens in the locker room or on the practice field...niether can you.

But he strikes me as a guy who does what he's told. especially when TC was his coach. Football is an emotional game and leaders in football tend to be guys who can inspire you to play your best. I haven't seen that ever from Eli Manning.

Certainly a "lead by example" case can be made. He works and prepares hard. Wouldn't be unreasonable, but as I said...emotion plays a big role in football.

I've always thought of Eli as a bit of a follower...especially with coaches.
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Compared to Eli Apple, Beckham is General Patton.

Comment

I don't expect anything from Odell other than catching footballs.

Ask Eli's team mates over the years if he's a leader. You seem to think screaming and yelling qualifies one as a leader. Not so, at all.

Comment

Would trade for him straight up in a heartbeat......
                              Wow. You are tripping. No GM would make that trade.

Comment

Working...
                              X