Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Rivers ol were always terrible?? LDT and Darren Sproles disagrees with you. Why do people act like Rivers never had a stacked squad?? From 06 to 09 the Chargers were one of the top teams in the AFC and underachieved in the post season, in particular the 06 and 09 squad.
    Rivers OL has never been good we can say average to below at best. Are you really going to compare what ELI had to work with and what Rivers had? Our 2007,2008 O-lines were great especially our right side C/RG/RT OíHara, Snee, McKenzie. I donít think there was a better right side in football over those 2 years. I am a firm believer we would have won the super bowl in 2008 if Burress doesnít ruin the season with his stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

No he had:

Keenan McCardell
      Keenan Allen (made PB)
      Vincent Jackson (made PB)
      Malcom Floyd was a good #2

and you cannot overemphasize the import of weapons like Gates and Tomlinson

2 of the top 5 at their positions...ever
      McCardell was already washed up then.
      Keenan Allen is a very good route runner.
      What did Jackson do after leaving Rivers?
      Floyd was always injured. I don't think he ever had a 1,000 yard season in the 10 seasons.
      Last edited by CruzSoldier; 01-08-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Rivers OL has never been good we can say average to below at best. Are you really going to compare what ELI had to work with and what Rivers had? Our 2007,2008 O-lines were great especially our right side C/RG/RT OíHara, Snee, McKenzie. I donít think there was a better right side in football over those 2 years. I am a firm believer we would have won the super bowl in 2008 if Burress doesnít ruin the season with his stupidity.
        You said Rivers always had a terrible oline which is totally inaccurate. Saying Rivers had an average oline at best is ridiculous imo. Who said I was comparing Eli's 07/08 oline to the Chargers?? You are trying to act like Rivers didnt have the personnel to be successful which is obviously false.

Comment

McCardell was already washed up then.
          Keenan Allen is a very good route runner.
          What did Jackson do after leaving Rivers?
          Floyd was always injured. I don't think he ever had a 1,000 yard season in the 10 seasons.
          McCardell was washed up so yes i will give you that. You asked what did Jackson do after leaving Rivers?? Cool lets play then......What did Nicks do after leaving Eli?? Rivers had 2 all time greats with him so please lets not act like Rivers played with scrubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by desert_ash View Post

No he had:

Keenan McCardell
            Keenan Allen (made PB)
            Vincent Jackson (made PB)
            Malcom Floyd was a good #2

and you cannot overemphasize the import of weapons like Gates and Tomlinson

2 of the top 5 at their positions...ever
            Keenan McCardell? Really?
            He was about 100 years old when he played for the Chargers. And Malcom Floyd was ALWAYS hurt.
            It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

McCardell was washed up so yes i will give you that. You asked what did Jackson do after leaving Rivers?? Cool lets play then......What did Nicks do after leaving Eli?? Rivers had 2 all time greats with him so please lets not act like Rivers played with scrubs.
              Eliís famous hospital throws(High inaccurate passes) caused Nicks downfall actually he is famous for that but people on here downplay how he has caused most of our WRís careers. Great Job Eli keep up the good work.

Comment

• Seeing conversations that should be had in person take place in a public forum.....SMDH. Put the social media down *** hats. 3-13! How about pick up a playbook instead???

Comment

• Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

Now we are touching on some of the RED FLAGS I see with Josh Rosen. Whether you are a fan that wants no part of Eli next season, or a fan who wants him here 2 or 3 more years, Eli has handled the press, fans, and social media(non existent) very well. Never says the wrong thing. Yes, his pressers are boring. Well, in addition to the several concussions Rosen has already had(scrutiny will become even greater after Cam yesterday), he is also refusing to play for the Browns. That will piss some fans off, others will understand. On top of these points, Rosen LOVES TWITTER and not just about football--he loves all social media and his platform as a star QB to make political statements. This could easily divide a locker room quicker than skipping a practice or taking a play off. The Giants should be trying to build a TEAM, and although I'm ready to move on from Eli, I feel he has always handled his off the field business well and would prefer that the next QB do the same.
                  Well said. He also had to change back to a college style offense because he failed to produce in a pro style in 16. That and the concussions are the biggest Red Flags.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Hey man are you gonna do any more interviews?
                    A lot of the players are dispersing around this time of year... But you never know!

I got a new job so I haven't had as much time to do any interviews or videos or anything recently..

But there is going to be A LOT of new faces next season so I'm definitely going to try to talk to as many as I can.

I'll be sure to post them here as long as the players are cool with it!

This is going to be one hell of an off season that's for sure. Kind of already is!!! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

If he refuses to report to the Browns if he's drafted...THAT will be a BS move as well.
                      Not sure about "respect".....That has to be earned.
                      He is allowed have an opinion on what team offers the best opportunity for success.

But once he gets drafted by a team that he may not like it is up to him to be a man and make the best of it.

If I remember correctly Jim Kelly wanted absolutely nothing to do with the bills. Even went to another league just to avoid them. But at the end of the day.. Kelly is a hall of famer for the bills. I'm sure how opinions of Buffalo are drastically different now.

As long as he doesn't use the Browns as an excuse for his short comings. (if he is drafted there)

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                        I was looking at the whole transaction and wondering ... "why not just send your boy a text message "

then it dawned on me that he is leaving a paper trail ... after Apple denied the conversation with Collins he wants it to be known that he is trying to be a leader

he is sending a message to Gettleman ... not Apple ... Gettleman ... he is attempting to gain brownie points toward his contract negotiations

classic move ... a transparent move ... but a classic one none the less
                        This is an interesting perspective!

I think your right at least to a small extent... But if I'm on Twitter and I see my boy post something that I need to respond to.. I'm not going to text him about it. I'm going to reply tweet it.

You don't text about a tweet... That would be weird. MAYBE he would dm him about it if it was really private but considering how in tune the modern athlete is to their social media they won't send a message that he is probably proud of privately.

I mean you can say the text thing about any Twitter conversation/fued ever right? That just isn't really how Twitter works.

I don't think that I buy that it was not a message for Apple but for gettleman... Maybe a little of both. But why can't one talented young man be trying to talk up another talented young man?

btw apple responded to this with a "write it down" type of emoji as if he agrees that he has a lot to prove now...so it seems like it was well received by Apple. At least from my perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Putting it out there for the public to see is suspect. He could have achieved the same with a text , email or phone call. What he did was draw more attention to a problem that should have never been brought into the public domain in the first place.
                          Well Apple tweeted first and Odell replied is all.

I'm about the same age as odell and maybe it is a bit of a generational thing (no offense) but if you are going to talk to him about his tweet.. You would do so by replying to that tweet.

​​​But maybe there is something to this.. I mean with all the money odell is going to be getting.. If he is smart he would calculate his every move until he gets that pay day. But is Odell really that calculated? He seems to have a reputation to be quite the opposite. So even if this is a planted tweet.. It still could be a sign of maturation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Southern Living View Post

Canít ever see Odell being a ďleaderĒ. He is a WR which almost disqualifies him for that privilege.
                            How so?

If you are a young talented skill position player how do you not look up to him?

Comment

• Rivers with the Chargers havent gotten it done.
                              Eli with the Giants did get it done.

Lots involved to win a super bowl but the Chargers had/have the pieces to do it like many other teams have the pieces but just dont get there.

I think Rivers is a better physical QB but I also think he lacks some of the intangibles that Eli had/has over him. But its a team game and River gets credit as well as blame just like Eli does.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Eliís famous hospital throws(High inaccurate passes) caused Nicks downfall actually he is famous for that but people on here downplay how he has caused most of our WRís careers. Great Job Eli keep up the good work.
                                Nicks ankles were done after a career game vs TB. Maybe he should've taken that day off and not have Eli throw him the ball so much.

Did Eli piss in your cheerios too?

Comment

Working...
                                X