Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post

Eliís famous hospital throws(High inaccurate passes) caused Nicks downfall actually he is famous for that but people on here downplay how he has caused most of our WRís careers. Great Job Eli keep up the good work.
    such horse****....

take a look around the NFL when you get a chance. ALL receivers are in harms way at times. To put that on Eli as a point of emphasis is ignorant.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

such horse****....

take a look around the NFL when you get a chance. ALL receivers are in harms way at times. To put that on Eli as a point of emphasis is ignorant.
      I agree. But I have to admit, "hospital throws" is pretty funny.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

and some act like any QB coudl have gone along for that ride and had the same success
        you know thats not what I said, I just don't see how people can give Eli all the credit for the SB wins when without it being a team effort it wouldn't have happened..

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

did Eli just happen to be on two teams that had historic playoff runs ?

yeah ... that may as well have been Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson out in Green Bay in arctic temperatures throwing darts to Burress

I love how people insist on taking credit from players for absolutely no reason other than to feed their agenda

Eli owned those playoff runs ... both of them
          you do know that Trent Dilfer won a SB with the Ravens and it was all because of his team mates and not because of his play...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

That's Odell being very modest. Dude got hurt in the preseason and should of never been playing. Even though he had some good games.
            +100000000000

Never should have been playing. It burns me up every time I think about it. He even said it was really a 6-8 week injury. Who do you think told him that? His momma that ran track, the doctor, and anybody else that ever had played sports. SMDH.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

We want what we want based on the W/L record. TC was too much the disciplinarian, Ben McAdoo not enough but he's the same Ben McAdoo who went 11 - 5 his first season.......

If I recall correctly, Eli grabbed Ahmad by the face mask. It was so not Eli but I thought "good for you Eli".
              Not good at all. You have to treat men like men. Peyton is known as a great leader, but I remember him saying the wrong thing to Reggie Wayne in a huddle once and Reggie smacked him in the head and cursed him out. You can't be a leader of men with a dog on a leash mentality.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to ďbeat the market,Ē no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasnít stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

did Eli just happen to be on two teams that had historic playoff runs ?

yeah ... that may as well have been Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson out in Green Bay in arctic temperatures throwing darts to Burress

I love how people insist on taking credit from players for absolutely no reason other than to feed their agenda

Eli owned those playoff runs ... both of them
                I disagree. He was green behind the ears in the first SB run and we won on the back of our defense. He did a whole lot of nothing, outside of that great game winning drive in the first SB.

Comment

• Odell has always been a leader. If we are losing I remember him screaming at his teammates on the sideline. His practice habits and the work he puts in are undisputed. TC said he asked for hard coaching. He's not a role model for on-the-field behavior, but in terms of preparation and putting yourself in a position to win and make plays and building trust with teammates he is most certainly a leader in that respect.

There is no one that questions his commitment to the game in that locker room.

Comment

Rivers never had a Nicks, Cruz, Steve Smith, Plax,or OBJ these were all pro bowl WR. We wonít get into Rivers OL they were always terrible. He had Tomlinson and Gates but never had close to the Defensive teams that Eli had so itís a bad look for you to compare what Eli had to work with and what Rivers had. Finally to kill your argument Eli didnít want to play for the Chargers because they are cheap and didnít support winning i.e bringing in the pieces to be successful.
                    And what numbers did these guys put up without Eli?

No one likes to admit that if history has proven anything with Eli it's that he makes the receiver not the other way around......everyone you mentioned plus a significant amount of TE's....give me case study where a receiver has left Eli & the Giants and gone on to greener pastures and produced.......I literally cannot think of one.
                    Last edited by BlueJayC; 01-09-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Odell got targeted 169 times and dropped the ball 6 times. That's insane. And you're the one who brought up 2016, he was talking about 2017 season. And we both know he was playing hurt.
                      Yeah, I did bring up 2016 to highlight some issues Odell had beyond 2017. But we wouldn't be having this discussion if it weren't for the fact that Odell said to Apple that he wasn't good enough in 2017 either. You just chose to dismiss Odell's comment about his own play as him 'being modest' despite the fact that nothing of what we've seen from Odell's personality since he came into the league indicates that he would ever publicly claim not to be good enough just to make another player feel better.

Now, I'm sure Odell knows how many times he was targeted and how many times he dropped the ball, and he still believes he wasn't good enough. And while Odell was hurt in 2017 he still stated that he wasn't good enough and didn't use his injury as an excuse. Odell's my favorite player and I'm looking for him to be healthy and ready to play at the level he's used to playing at in 2018.
                      One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

you know thats not what I said, I just don't see how people can give Eli all the credit for the SB wins when without it being a team effort it wouldn't have happened..
                        I agree with you and didnt mean to misunderstand your post
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

We want what we want based on the W/L record. TC was too much the disciplinarian, Ben McAdoo not enough but he's the same Ben McAdoo who went 11 - 5 his first season.......

If I recall correctly, Eli grabbed Ahmad by the face mask. It was so not Eli but I thought "good for you Eli".
                          But then I read it's not OK to put your hands on a teammate. So...not good.

Clearly everyone should check in here first before doing anything just to make sure they get it right.

Because who knows more about team leadership and what goes on in the locker room than message board posters?

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Nicks ankles were done after a career game vs TB. Maybe he should've taken that day off and not have Eli throw him the ball so much.

Did Eli **** in your cheerios too?
                            No he stinks everyone else associated with him is fired if he stinks again what will be his excuse? Age? Rusty because OBJ was out? With a new OL you canít use that one anymore? The current OL was a dumpster fire led by Hart and Flowers but I think people are upset that when they gave him time he would mess up the throw and thatís why all the talking heads along with the coaching staff and management wanted another option. Eliís 37 going on his 15th season and the older you get you donít get better. If heís the starter or even if we get a journeyman QB I think we are picking top 10 next year anyway. Maybe we can fool Jacksonville into trading their 1st Rd pick so we can dump his contract and give us more drafting capital to improve the team.

Comment

Rivers with the Chargers havent gotten it done.
                              Eli with the Giants did get it done.

Lots involved to win a super bowl but the Chargers had/have the pieces to do it like many other teams have the pieces but just dont get there.

I think Rivers is a better physical QB but I also think he lacks some of the intangibles that Eli had/has over him. But its a team game and River gets credit as well as blame just like Eli does.
                              It's a ludicrous discussion.

Just as some folks throw shade at other QBs to try to pump up Manning, the same is true in the opposite direction. Rivers is a damn good QB.

Their respective post season play is what it is (although interestingly I haven't seen anyone post those numbers) and their respective records are what they are. Everything else is sports talk radio nonsense.

"First time, long time thanks for allowing me to wait on hold for 80 minutes and for taking my call. I think the Giants should trade their first five picks for Bill Belichick, Thanks. I'll hang up and listen to your response."

Comment

Eliís famous hospital throws(High inaccurate passes) caused Nicks downfall actually he is famous for that but people on here downplay how he has caused most of our WRís careers. Great Job Eli keep up the good work.
                                I just knew you would pull the injury card. Its very famous around here. Rivers makes his receivers great but Eli kills his receivers.......too funny. Keep downplaying what Rivers had in San Diego if that makes you feel better.

Comment

Working...
                                X