Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

When some of those drops were clear TDs had they been caught, then yes. Those were catches we would normally see Odell make and he was missing on some of them. That was my point about too may drops/critical drops. I wasn't making the case that Odell was a bad player or had a horrible year in 2017 or 2016. It just seemed that he had been losing some of his usual focus.
    Let's agree that 6 drops is not lot when targeted 169 times. Now how would you provide proof that those 6 drops were in critical situations? I find it hard to believe the only balls he dropped was in the end zone. So I know you're not saying that. So basically you're just saying that he missed couple balls in the end zone? Tell me a WR alive that don't drop an occasional TD pass.

Comment

• Until Odell can take care of Odell he should leave others alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
        It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
        Despite nearly the whole team falling apart, there will be those who claim Eli is a great leader. They choose to blind themselves to the obvious in order to continue their worship of Eli, instead of simply concluding Eli has been a very good QB with certain talent that, unfortunately, does not include the best in leadership.

When the likes of Strahan, Tuck and a few others left, Eli was unable to take charge and demonstrate solid leadership. He did ok until the recent debacle occurred making it obvious even the rookies (Apple, OBJ) have little or no respect for his leadership.

Even the most ardent Eli apologists on this board who said Eli ensured the offense was not quitting had to choke a little when two offensive linemen just quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

Despite nearly the whole team falling apart, there will be those who claim Eli is a great leader. They choose to blind themselves to the obvious in order to continue their worship of Eli, instead of simply concluding Eli has been a very good QB with certain talent that, unfortunately, does not include the best in leadership.

When the likes of Strahan, Tuck and a few others left, Eli was unable to take charge and demonstrate solid leadership. He did ok until the recent debacle occurred making it obvious even the rookies (Apple, OBJ) have little or no respect for his leadership.

Even the most ardent Eli apologists on this board who said Eli ensured the offense was not quitting had to choke a little when two offensive linemen just quit.
          I agree with everything you said until you said Flowers quit. I assume that's one of the linemen you're talking about. I believe Spags when he said Flowers was playing hurt all year. This is the same guy that played hurt on a bum ankle his rookie season. Stayed in Jersey all off-season to work on his game. I never believed Raanan story.

Comment

I agree with everything you said until you said Flowers quit. I assume that's one of the linemen you're talking about. I believe Spags when he said Flowers was playing hurt all year. This is the same guy that played hurt on a bum ankle his rookie season. Stayed in Jersey all off-season to work on his game. I never believed Raanan story.
            I understand, but I was more referring to both Flowers and Hart saying they had no interest in playing the last game of the season. I see this as as the ultimate in quitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

I understand, but I was more referring to both Flowers and Hart saying they had no interest in playing the last game of the season. I see this as as the ultimate in quitting.
              I didn't believe Raanan story. I don't believe he said that.

Comment

I didn't believe Raanan story. I don't believe he said that.
                I don't really know. As you say, you can't always believe these writers.

Comment

Working...
                X