Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compared to Eli Apple, Beckham is General Patton.

That said, true leaders arenít forced into the role. They either have it, like Messier, or donít, like Leetch. Both are great players, only one is a leader.

Comment

If you read the tweets, Apple is getting into it with a bunch of fans, including kids. He seems to lack any sort of maturity.

Comment

What the heck are they doing keeping this idiot on the team? Yes talent is great but chemistry is more important.
        Last edited by NWKEffectElement; 01-08-2018, 05:59 PM.
        Emperor Tom

Comment

Sorry for the prior double post. Phone going nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Oh ok so he's not your type of leader. How many SB did Rivers win with all his barking?
            There's a reason why Eli's daddy didn't want him to play for the chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

Would trade for him straight up in a heartbeat......
              Well thank God you're not our GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Well thank God you're not our GM.
                Hard to argue that I would've done a worse job than Reese

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  I don't expect anything from Odell other than catching footballs.

Ask Eli's team mates over the years if he's a leader. You seem to think screaming and yelling qualifies one as a leader. Not so, at all.
                  Yes! I like my QBs in the WRs face when their acting like a child. Eli is just not the type of QB that motivates the troops. He's a good guy but give me a guy like Phillip Rivers, Dan Marino and the Brady type any day.

Comment

I don't see Odell's response as him becoming a leader. He's just giving Apple some good advice. No pro athlete should be fighting with fans on social media because it's not going to end well. And Odell gave Apple some hard truths about how neither of them were good enough this season, which is something that EVERY player on the Giants, not just Apple, should remember.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      I don't see Odell's response as him becoming a leader. He's just giving Apple some good advice. No pro athlete should be fighting with fans on social media because it's not going to end well. And Odell gave Apple some hard truths about how neither of them were good enough this season, which is something that EVERY player on the Giants, not just Apple, should remember.
                      That's Odell being very modest. Dude got hurt in the preseason and should of never been playing. Even though he had some good games.

Comment

It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
                        do you know Ben and Rivers are leaders? If they are do they lead the room for the defense as well.??
                        Your Eli hate is fine but get real
                        Last edited by GameTime; 01-08-2018, 11:45 AM.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

That's Odell being very modest. Dude got hurt in the preseason and should of never been playing. Even though he had some good games.
                          While Odell did get hurt in the preseason, he also had an issue with too many drops during the 2016 season too. Odell doesn't come off as the type of guy who would claim he's not playing well just to make somebody else feel better.
                          One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Yes! I like my QBs in the WRs face when their acting like a child. Eli is just not the type of QB that motivates the troops. He's a good guy but give me a guy like Phillip Rivers, Dan Marino and the Brady type any day.
                            Well, in this particular situation I don't think it's on a QB to be addressing a corners problems.

Also, I don't think a leader tweets on social media his feelings and advise on how a player should act even though I agree with what Odell said.

Eli's been a very successful QB in this league. With that comes respect from his team mates. Guys look up to that regardless if he's in their face.

I like players that get in your face or try and pump you up on the sidelines as well, but there are many ways to be a leader.
                            Last edited by dezzzR; 01-08-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

While Odell did get hurt in the preseason, he also had an issue with too many drops during the 2016 season too. Odell doesn't come off as the type of guy who would claim he's not playing well just to make somebody else feel better.
                              Odell had 6 drops the entire 2016 season. And two drops in the playoff game. For as much target as Odell get, 6 drops is a hardly a lot of drops.

Comment

On pace to put up better numbers? He plays with a much better QB and still hasn't put up better numbers.
                                Yes actually he has in some categories. Michael Thomas just set the NFL record for most catches in the first two years.

Comment

Working...
                                X