Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post
    It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
    All good teams have leadership from many players from various position groups.

Whether or not Eli Manning should have been the one saying this isn't really the point.

The point is that we have some evidence (FINALLY) that Odell may be taking a leadership role. And in a locker room that is clearly disfunctioning... Don't we need as much leadership as we can get?

And the fact that it is coming from a player that needs to mature a bit... Isn't this a good sign that he may be starting to grow up?

Comment

There's a reason why Eli's daddy didn't want him to play for the chargers.
      Eli's daddy wanted to see a Pats vs Giants epic SB in 07. He wanted to see his son take out Brady and Belicheck in the SB and not the AFC championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Eli's daddy wanted to see a Pats vs Giants epic SB in 07. He wanted to see his son take out Brady and Belicheck in the SB and not the AFC championship game.
        That must have been it.
        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Rivers is a good QB but I like SB wins.

Thanks Eli.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
            You can never have enough leaders, but with that said, Eli is not your typical quarterback from a personality standpoint.

I get the feeling that all Eli wants to do is play. He's not into all the nonsense.

He's a leader by his actions of always being ready to play.

As for Apple. All his crap should be done off line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

Yes actually he has in some categories. Michael Thomas just set the NFL record for most catches in the first two years.
              That's probably the only category that he has on Odell. What about tds and receiving yards?? I know you and that other poster arent high on Odell and that's fine but lets not make things up either. Odell still holds alot of records for a wr first 3 yrs in the league and it looks like he was on his way to another solid yr until his season ending injury. A straight up trade is comical and shouldnt be taken serious.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Exactly! He didn't want his son to play for the Chargers because he didn't believe winning was a priority for them. Now refer back to your question why Rivers haven't won any Super Bowls?

Comment

why Rivers haven't won any Super Bowls?
                  Because he ain't clutch and that's that.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                  "No...I didn't."
                  "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

You can never have enough leaders, but with that said, Eli is not your typical quarterback from a personality standpoint.

I get the feeling that all Eli wants to do is play. He's not into all the nonsense.

He's a leader by his actions of always being ready to play.

As for Apple. All his crap should be done off line.
                    Never doubted that Eli came to play. Can't you say that about all veterans? Fair or not, coaches expect more from the QB, especially when they make a **** load of money.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Whether or not Eli Manning should have been the one saying this isn't really the point.

The point is that we have some evidence (FINALLY) that Odell may be taking a leadership role. And in a locker room that is clearly disfunctioning... Don't we need as much leadership as we can get?

And the fact that it is coming from a player that needs to mature a bit... Isn't this a good sign that he may be starting to grow up?
                      Cool. I just don't expect more from my diva WR than my QB who's been in the league for 14 years. Eli never was a leader in that way.

Comment

Eli never was a leader in that way.
                        So? Then why would you expect it?

"No...I didn't."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Because he ain't clutch and that's that.
                          Eli wouldn't have won a Super Bowl either with the Chargers. Eli's daddy knew this and I don't blame him not wanting his son to not play for a ****ty *** franchise like that.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Hey man are you gonna do any more interviews?
                            "No...I didn't."

Comment

Eli wouldn't have won a Super Bowl either with the Chargers. Eli's daddy knew this and I don't blame him not wanting his son to not play for a ****ty *** franchise like that.
                              That Chargers team was stacked with talent from 04 to 09ish. They were the best team in football in 06 with a hof te and hof rb and had their chances in 07 and 09 post season as well. Its not like the Chargers were scrubs during the prime Rivers era.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

So? Then why would you expect it?

Read my initial comment. It's too bad that we expect more from our WR than our 14th year veteran.

Comment

Working...
                                X