Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I personally don' think he's any kind of leader. Having said that I can't know everything that happens in the locker room or on the practice field...niether can you.

But he strikes me as a guy who does what he's told. especially when TC was his coach. Football is an emotional game and leaders in football tend to be guys who can inspire you to play your best. I haven't seen that ever from Eli Manning.

Certainly a "lead by example" case can be made. He works and prepares hard. Wouldn't be unreasonable, but as I said...emotion plays a big role in football.

I've always thought of Eli as a bit of a follower...especially with coaches.
    Coaches tell players what to do so i'm not surprised Eli listens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Exactly! He didn't want his son to play for the Chargers because he didn't believe winning was a priority for them. Now refer back to your question why Rivers haven't won any Super Bowls?
      If he didn't think winning was a priority in SD then he was dead wrong. They had all the pieces in place to win it all in 07.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

If he didn't think winning was a priority in SD then he was dead wrong. They had all the pieces in place to win it all in 07.
        06 and 09 as well. He was definitely dead wrong if he thought and felt that way.

Comment

Exactly! He didn't want his son to play for the Chargers because he didn't believe winning was a priority for them. Now refer back to your question why Rivers haven't won any Super Bowls?
          please.... Everyone knows you hate the Mannings with every fiber of your soul, but lets not make up history. Manning did not want to play for the Chargers because their front office was run by a moron, and they did not want to deal with it. Since they had the leverage, knowing that he was highly coveted by the Giants, they used that to force a trade. Only a moron would not do so if they had the ability.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

Unfortunately their QB had to play the championship game with a partially torn ACL against the Pats.
            It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

He's the silent type huh? That's all good, I like my QBs to be the vocal type instead of leading by example.
              Eli leads by example . Hes not and never was a vocal jump up and down guy and Im fine with it. He works hard, shows up early, never bad mouths a teammate or coach no matter how easy it would be and whether he has a good game or bad game he stands there and deals with the media. Hes also never involved in Twitter drama or social media fights. He loves the game and he loves the giants . Whether he just won the super bowl or threw a game losing pick hes always the same guy and I respect that. The moment is never too big for him. Young guys in that locker room can learn a lot from Eli if they chose to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

please.... Everyone knows you hate the Mannings with every fiber of your soul, but lets not make up history. Manning did not want to play for the Chargers because their front office was run by a moron, and they did not want to deal with it. Since they had the leverage, knowing that he was highly coveted by the Giants, they used that to force a trade. Only a moron would not do so if they had the ability.
                Hate the Mannings? Payton Manning is a top 5 QB and his father was a very good QB that was stuck with an awful team. What I'm making up, you said he was a moron and I said their priority was not winning. Either way, Eli daddy did not want him to play with the Chargers. But we expect Rivers to win a Super Bowl with that franchise?

Comment

Hate the Mannings? Payton Manning is a top 5 QB and his father was a very good QB that was stuck with an awful team. What I'm making up, you said he was a moron and I said their priority was not winning. Either way, Eli daddy did not want him to play with the Chargers. But we expect Rivers to win a Super Bowl with that franchise?
                  It was a bull**** move by Eli and Archie. Just as it was a bull**** move for Elway.
                  In Eli's case he let his father take the heat which was pretty friggin weak as well.
                  But it was 14 years ago. That's done with.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

That's probably the only category that he has on Odell. What about tds and receiving yards?? I know you and that other poster arent high on Odell and that's fine but lets not make things up either. Odell still holds alot of records for a wr first 3 yrs in the league and it looks like he was on his way to another solid yr until his season ending injury. A straight up trade is comical and shouldnt be taken serious.
                    I realize this is all opinion based, so I respect your opinion, but we have spent way too much time in odell's first 3 years dealing with his drama and antics that it has been a major distraction from this team and the football they play. Call me a purist, but I want a sense of normalcy to return to the giants where we can focus on the game instead of these "rockstar" personalities who haven't won anything other than a sweet highlight reel.

I can't wait to see how all the odell homers react when he comes asking to be the highest paid player in the league. I'd love it if we could be smart enough to get something for him while we still hold his value, but I'll be content watching another team take on his baggage.

Comment

It was a bull**** move by Eli and Archie....Just as it was for Elway.
                      In Eli's case he let his father take the heat which was pretty friggin weak as well.

But that was 14 years ago. It's in the past.

Comment

Teams have won plenty of super bowls without high profile wr's, and teams are still winning super bowls without odell, so why cant we?

Comment

If Odell becomes a leader, it will have nothing to do with Eli Apple's current circumstances.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It was a bull**** move by Eli and Archie....Just as it was for Elway.

But that was 14 years ago. It's in the past.
                            I see your point. I guess you will have no respect for Josh Rosen if he refuse to go to the Browns?

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

That's probably the only category that he has on Odell. What about tds and receiving yards?? I know you and that other poster arent high on Odell and that's fine but lets not make things up either. Odell still holds alot of records for a wr first 3 yrs in the league and it looks like he was on his way to another solid yr until his season ending injury. A straight up trade is comical and shouldnt be taken serious.
                              The injury and his attitude don't make it as comical as you think.....I will give you that Thomas is actually not on pace for better numbers than OBJ....mistake on my part (catches aside).....the more and more Gettleman talks about culture the more and more I think Apple and possibly Beckham aren't here next year.....and I'd be fine with both.

Comment

I see your point. I guess you will have no respect for Josh Rosen if he refuse to go to the Browns?
                                If he refuses to report to the Browns if he's drafted...THAT will be a BS move as well.
                                Not sure about "respect".....That has to be earned.

Comment

Working...
                                X