Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

The injury and his attitude don't make it as comical as you think.....I will give you that Thomas is actually not on pace for better numbers than OBJ....mistake on my part (catches aside).....the more and more Gettleman talks about culture the more and more I think Apple and possibly Beckham aren't here next year.....and I'd be fine with both.
    Odell is flat out great. He's too good to get rid of. He's a rare talent and is probably the most dynamic WR in football. Too bad he got hurt. Maybe the most uncoverable WR I've ever seen.

Yes he's a little ******. But he gets open, catches balls and scores touchdowns.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Hate the Mannings? Payton Manning is a top 5 QB and his father was a very good QB that was stuck with an awful team. What I'm making up, you said he was a moron and I said their priority was not winning. Either way, Eli daddy did not want him to play with the Chargers. But we expect Rivers to win a Super Bowl with that franchise?
      As long as Ted Thompson was running the Chargers, I had no expectations of them winning anything. He wasn't called Lord of No Rings for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It was a bull**** move by Eli and Archie....Just as it was for Elway.
        In Eli's case he let his father take the heat which was pretty friggin weak as well.

But that was 14 years ago. It's in the past.
        We'll just have to disagree. I think it behooves the kids to use any leverage they have. They are typically stuck with the team that drafts them for 5 years, why shouldn't they try not be on a team that they don't want to play for?

Comment

If he refuses to report to the Browns if he's drafted...THAT will be a BS move as well.
          Not sure about "respect".....That has to be earned.
          I honestly can't blame any QB who refuse to play for the Browns. Again, I see your point but where you end up is so important for a player's growth.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

We'll just have to disagree. I think it behooves the kids to use any leverage they have. They are typically stuck with the team that drafts them for 5 years, why shouldn't they try not be on a team that they don't want to play for?
            5 years and don't forget they can franchise your ***. I agree, I don't blame any player using any leverage they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

Never doubted that Eli came to play. Can't you say that about all veterans? Fair or not, coaches expect more from the QB, especially when they make a **** load of money.
              Not at all. I see guys dogging it all the time.

Did you see Revis the other day? And that was in a playoff game.

Eliís an orange. You cannot make him a banana.

Comment

The injury and his attitude don't make it as comical as you think.....I will give you that Thomas is actually not on pace for better numbers than OBJ....mistake on my part (catches aside).....the more and more Gettleman talks about culture the more and more I think Apple and possibly Beckham aren't here next year.....and I'd be fine with both.
                The injury part that I will give you but he didnt tear his acl so I dont see why he can't come back stronger or better next season. Odell even with the ankle injury is more than just a straight up trade imo.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

The Eli situation was especially bad. Instead of letting his agent handle it behind the scenes, he had his father making public comments, asking the Chargers not to draft him.
                  It's like Eli was a 14 year old child. He looked bad.
                  In Elway's case, he was just a little punk about it. When Robert Irsay of the Colts called him after they drafted him, Elway went off on him on the phone telling him that he will never play for him, like the little entitled **** that he was back then.

And ultimately, it's all bad for the league. The worst teams are supposed to have the access to the best prospects. It corrupts the whole process.

My view is that once a player is drafted they should not be allowed to be traded until the off season after year 1. that would keep the nonsense to a minimum.

These entitled brats need to have their heads handed to them.

Comment

Odell is flat out great. He's too good to get rid of. He's a rare talent and is probably the most dynamic WR in football. Too bad he got hurt. Maybe the most uncoverable WR I've ever seen.

Yes he's a little ******. But he gets open, catches balls and scores touchdowns.
                    They said the same thing about Herschel Walker........Cowboys built a dynasty team with that one trade......

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post

I realize this is all opinion based, so I respect your opinion, but we have spent way too much time in odell's first 3 years dealing with his drama and antics that it has been a major distraction from this team and the football they play. Call me a purist, but I want a sense of normalcy to return to the giants where we can focus on the game instead of these "rockstar" personalities who haven't won anything other than a sweet highlight reel.

I can't wait to see how all the odell homers react when he comes asking to be the highest paid player in the league. I'd love it if we could be smart enough to get something for him while we still hold his value, but I'll be content watching another team take on his baggage.
                      Odell will probably ask for the moon but good thing the Giants have the franchise tag leverage on him. They have 3 more seasons of leverage in regards to his contract.

Comment

Re: Eli Apple, he needs the help of a Sports Psychologist and (I can't believe I am actually saying this) a Life Coach of some sort.

I king of laugh at the concept of "Life Coaches" but he needs some kind of mentoring.

Eli Apple is not a bad person, he is not a Trouble maker, but he needs guidance, and quite frankly, he needs to grow up a lot.

He has issues that are normally not fixable by an NFL Coaching Staff.

Hopefully the Maras and Dave Gettelman can get him some kind of help so he can get his life straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Odell will probably ask for the moon but good thing the Giants have the franchise tag leverage on him. They have 3 more seasons of leverage in regards to his contract.
                          And you don't think that'll make this cry-baby disgruntled? He'll quickly begin to resent the giants organization and transform into a full blown tumor. The affect he's had on our team's culture has been noticeable, boat trips to kicking nets to on field tantrum to fist fighting norman to td celebration penalties. Terrell Owens NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL!

Comment

They said the same thing about Herschel Walker........Cowboys built a dynasty team with that one trade......
                            Yes but Hershel underachieved in the NFL. We know what Odell is.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Not at all. I see guys dogging it all the time.

Did you see Revis the other day? And that was in a playoff game.

Eliís an orange. You cannot make him a banana.
                              My bad, I meant veterans lead by example.

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                I don't expect anything from Odell other than catching footballs.

Ask Eli's team mates over the years if he's a leader. You seem to think screaming and yelling qualifies one as a leader. Not so, at all.
                                Great points. My expectation for Odel includes catching balls but also being a good representitive of the franchise that pays him.

Comment

Working...
                                X