Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

The one time Eli angrily grabbed Ahmad Bradshaw during a game, this place erupted in criticism

lol, there's no winning, Ro.

It's simply impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post
      You can say what you want about Eli, and I may agree with some of it, but we don't win those 2 SBs without Eli. Of course it's a team win and those teams has really good defenses, but to not give Eli his due credit is silly.
      We also don't even get to those games with him. During the regular season the defense was average in '07 and sucked in '11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It was a bull**** move by Eli and Archie. Just as it was a bull**** move for Elway.
        In Eli's case he let his father take the heat which was pretty friggin weak as well.
        But it was 14 years ago. That's done with.
        what? Eli took no heat for that move? He still gets crap for it
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
          people on this board act like we won those SB because of Eli instead of it being a team effort, Eli just happened to be on a team that won 2 SBs...
          and some act like any QB coudl have gone along for that ride and had the same success
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

We also don't even get to those games with him. During the regular season the defense was average in '07 and sucked in '11.
            Exactly, I was going to say the same thing. Everyone acts like those defenses were the 85 Bears or even 86 Giants. They weren't. We had great some great players but mostly on the front end of the defense and that made up for not being as good on the back-end.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeGiant View Post

Exactly, I was going to say the same thing. Everyone acts like those defenses were the 85 Bears or even 86 Giants. They weren't. We had great some great players but mostly on the front end of the defense and that made up for not being as good on the back-end.
              People will act like that to fit their agenda and/or bias. Its easy to do by just using the Giants defense playoff performances while completely ignoring their regular season production and it will continue to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

The one time Eli angrily grabbed Ahmad Bradshaw during a game, this place erupted in criticism
                I can't remember that but grabbing someone and yelling at them is two different things. You shouldn't put your hands on anyone. I remember when Jay Cutler grab one of his O-linemen, that's not what I'm talking about. There's a way of getting your point across without putting your hands on your teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

You're right! He had a 3.2 drop percentage in 2015 and 3.6 in 2016. The dude is a top 3 WR for a reason.
                  Just remember that I mentioned that, when I say negative things about him in the future.

Comment

• Leaders attempt to keep the dirty laundry in house . The Giants have a bunch of Twitter Soap opera queens.
                    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Just remember that I mentioned that, when I say negative things about him in the future.
                      LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I personally don' think he's any kind of leader. Having said that I can't know everything that happens in the locker room or on the practice field...niether can you.

But he strikes me as a guy who does what he's told. especially when TC was his coach. Football is an emotional game and leaders in football tend to be guys who can inspire you to play your best. I haven't seen that ever from Eli Manning.

Certainly a "lead by example" case can be made. He works and prepares hard. Wouldn't be unreasonable, but as I said...emotion plays a big role in football.

I've always thought of Eli as a bit of a follower...especially with coaches.
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I personally don' think he's any kind of leader. Having said that I can't know everything that happens in the locker room or on the practice field...niether can you.

But he strikes me as a guy who does what he's told. especially when TC was his coach. Football is an emotional game and leaders in football tend to be guys who can inspire you to play your best. I haven't seen that ever from Eli Manning.

Certainly a "lead by example" case can be made. He works and prepares hard. Wouldn't be unreasonable, but as I said...emotion plays a big role in football.

I've always thought of Eli as a bit of a follower...especially with coaches.
                        An awful lot of former Giants are very loyal to Eli, so he has to have been more than a folllower to inspire that kind of respect!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

All good teams have leadership from many players from various position groups.

Whether or not Eli Manning should have been the one saying this isn't really the point.

The point is that we have some evidence (FINALLY) that Odell may be taking a leadership role. And in a locker room that is clearly disfunctioning... Don't we need as much leadership as we can get?

And the fact that it is coming from a player that needs to mature a bit... Isn't this a good sign that he may be starting to grow up?
                          Putting it out there for the public to see is suspect. He could have achieved the same with a text , email or phone call. What he did was draw more attention to a problem that should have never been brought into the public domain in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Putting it out there for the public to see is suspect. He could have achieved the same with a text , email or phone call. What he did was draw more attention to a problem that should have never been brought into the public domain in the first place.
                            that's because he wasn't talking to Apple ... he was talking to "them" and Dave Gettleman at the same time

just extremely passive aggressively

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

You're right! He had a 3.2 drop percentage in 2015 and 3.6 in 2016. The dude is a top 3 WR for a reason.
                              This is starting to sound an awful lot like when JPP lovers were making excuses for him not getting sacks!
                              Sacks were overrated they said. Lol
                              I guess catching the ball is overrated too!!!
                              Lol ....you people are priceless.

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

that's because he wasn't talking to Apple ... he was talking to "them" and Dave Gettleman at the same time

just extremely passive aggressively
                                I don't see it as anything but Airing Dirty Laundry. I hope Dave and who ever is the next HC puts an end to this type of communication between players. At least as it pertains to team business.

Comment

Working...
                                X