Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Eli Apple be forcing Odell to become a leader?

Could Eli Apple be such a peice of **** that it actually helps /forces Odell to FINALLY grow up and be a leader on this team?

This were tweets summarized into a web page via bleacher report so I'm sorry if this link came out wrong..

Apple :Iíd rather be hated than loved cause the love was always fake keep that hate coming tho yíall gonna see the real me this yr

Odell :Brooooo I kno it feels good to tell these ppl off , trust me I would love nothin more than to do the same. But donít waste ur time on these ppl, half the ppl donít even have real accounts. Stop bro, ur better than that. U werenít... and I wasnít... good enough this year.

​​​​​​But this was interesting to me. I think it is really encouraging to see Odell at least TRY to take up a leadership role and be responsible trying to help out his young troubled teammate.

I am starting to think it is possible that Apple will remain on this team.. Although I think that is mainly because the Giants won't be able to get anything of value back for him.
    New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. offered some advice for teammate Eli Apple, suggesting the cornerback not waste his time with people on Twitter because he is "better ...

• jjhall91
    replied
    Originally posted by Cruzan 26 View Post

I didn't believe Raanan story. I don't believe he said that.
    I don't really know. As you say, you can't always believe these writers.

Leave a comment:

• Cruzan 26
    replied
    Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

I understand, but I was more referring to both Flowers and Hart saying they had no interest in playing the last game of the season. I see this as as the ultimate in quitting.
    I didn't believe Raanan story. I don't believe he said that.

Leave a comment:

• jjhall91
    replied

I agree with everything you said until you said Flowers quit. I assume that's one of the linemen you're talking about. I believe Spags when he said Flowers was playing hurt all year. This is the same guy that played hurt on a bum ankle his rookie season. Stayed in Jersey all off-season to work on his game. I never believed Raanan story.
    I understand, but I was more referring to both Flowers and Hart saying they had no interest in playing the last game of the season. I see this as as the ultimate in quitting.

Leave a comment:

• Cruzan 26
    replied
    Originally posted by jjhall91 View Post

Despite nearly the whole team falling apart, there will be those who claim Eli is a great leader. They choose to blind themselves to the obvious in order to continue their worship of Eli, instead of simply concluding Eli has been a very good QB with certain talent that, unfortunately, does not include the best in leadership.

When the likes of Strahan, Tuck and a few others left, Eli was unable to take charge and demonstrate solid leadership. He did ok until the recent debacle occurred making it obvious even the rookies (Apple, OBJ) have little or no respect for his leadership.

Even the most ardent Eli apologists on this board who said Eli ensured the offense was not quitting had to choke a little when two offensive linemen just quit.
    I agree with everything you said until you said Flowers quit. I assume that's one of the linemen you're talking about. I believe Spags when he said Flowers was playing hurt all year. This is the same guy that played hurt on a bum ankle his rookie season. Stayed in Jersey all off-season to work on his game. I never believed Raanan story.

Leave a comment:

• jjhall91
    replied
    It's amazing that we expect a WR to be a leader instead of our QB who who's been in the league 14 years. Phillip Rivers is a leader, Big Ben is a leader, so you would expect Eli to be a leader. Usually QBs who make a **** load of money assumes that responsibility.
    Despite nearly the whole team falling apart, there will be those who claim Eli is a great leader. They choose to blind themselves to the obvious in order to continue their worship of Eli, instead of simply concluding Eli has been a very good QB with certain talent that, unfortunately, does not include the best in leadership.

When the likes of Strahan, Tuck and a few others left, Eli was unable to take charge and demonstrate solid leadership. He did ok until the recent debacle occurred making it obvious even the rookies (Apple, OBJ) have little or no respect for his leadership.

Even the most ardent Eli apologists on this board who said Eli ensured the offense was not quitting had to choke a little when two offensive linemen just quit.

Leave a comment:

• G1..
    replied
    Until Odell can take care of Odell he should leave others alone.

Leave a comment:

• Cruzan 26
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

When some of those drops were clear TDs had they been caught, then yes. Those were catches we would normally see Odell make and he was missing on some of them. That was my point about too may drops/critical drops. I wasn't making the case that Odell was a bad player or had a horrible year in 2017 or 2016. It just seemed that he had been losing some of his usual focus.
    Let's agree that 6 drops is not lot when targeted 169 times. Now how would you provide proof that those 6 drops were in critical situations? I find it hard to believe the only balls he dropped was in the end zone. So I know you're not saying that. So basically you're just saying that he missed couple balls in the end zone? Tell me a WR alive that don't drop an occasional TD pass.

Leave a comment:

• kingcap88
    replied

Ok, so you're still claiming that 6 drops out of 169 targets is considered to many? And are you saying that all 6 drops were in critical situations?
    When some of those drops were clear TDs had they been caught, then yes. Those were catches we would normally see Odell make and he was missing on some of them. That was my point about too may drops/critical drops. I wasn't making the case that Odell was a bad player or had a horrible year in 2017 or 2016. It just seemed that he had been losing some of his usual focus.

Leave a comment:

• Cruzan 26
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post

I was making the point about too many drops AND critical drops throughout. So, I didn't suddenly go from one to the other.
    Ok, so you're still claiming that 6 drops out of 169 targets is considered to many? And are you saying that all 6 drops were in critical situations?

Leave a comment:

• kingcap88
    replied

too many drops to critical drops huh? LOL
    I was making the point about too many drops AND critical drops throughout. So, I didn't suddenly go from one to the other.

Leave a comment:

• giants8493
    replied
    Originally posted by TEM View Post

I am sorry you say that inside and, not for the world to see. I am a team lead in my position . I would never bring a problem with one of the individuals performance out into the public domain. Communicating and airing dirty laundry are not one in the same. I am sorry I do not see the logic in this besides Narcissistic behavior. . I don't see that as leadership. They all look like clowns that do not know when to keep your mouth shut. I don't see other teams having these problems with multiple players. Believe Dave is taking notes as this unfolds.
    He isn't bringing up anyone's individuals performance.

If he called Apple out for half assing it on the field that would be one thing. THAT would be something that should stay in house. For example at least half of Landon Collins recent statements probably should not have been said in the public domain. I would agree with you if that is what is going on between Odell and Apple.

But this isn't the case here

All Odell was doing was using his own experience in dealing with negative fan feedback (few players are as polarizing as him... You either love him or hate him) and using this experience to help a colleague that is going through a similar problem.

He is saying that he understands how badly Apple wants tell off his haters because odell has been there, done that, and learned from it. Now he is using these lessons he learned to help a team mate that is clearly struggling. How is this "airing dirty laundry"?

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Nah, RO is just a really tough audience.

He likes vaudeville stuff...

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied
    Originally posted by GameTime View Post

well yeah....
    Nah, RO is just a really tough audience.

Leave a comment:

• NYSPORTS
    replied
    Signs that OBJ's leadership is working is when Apple shows up with blonde hair.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X