Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shut Up Landon!

https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/landon...ate-eli-apple/

Man, this guy is a great player, but every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Stick to playing football Landon!

What did he say that was stupid? Don't just read the headline. He said things with Apple can be mended. He also said that he played for Saban which runs a strict system similar to Bill and has spoken to players that play for Bill and would not like to be in that strict environment. That isn't stupid and even Tom Brady has grown tired of it.

He did not say he at any point that he would rather have Apple than Belichick.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I disagree, nothing stupid about his comment. He doesn't like that style of coach, that makes what he said stupid? And the "stick to playing football" comment? What does that even mean, are players not permitted to have a voice on things outside of X and O's? I don't understand.
      sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        What did he say that was stupid? Don't just read the headline. He said things with Apple can be mended. He also said that he played for Saban which runs a strict system similar to Bill and has spoken to players that play for Bill and would not like to be in that strict environment. That isn't stupid and even Tom Brady has grown tired of it.

He doesn’t want a strict coach? How about he collects his million dollar pay cheque and does what he is told. SMH.

The only thing our players should care about is winning.

i hope Gettleman keeps his word and brings in a tough coach that causes a mass culture change.

These guys become professionals and they think they’re owed something. Give me a break.

Collins needs to relinquish his self-imposed role of team spokesman by the way. I hope whoever the new coach is comes in targeting Collins BIG TIME for an *** kicking. Make this guy earn his supposed leadership stripes. He is still a YOUNG player and we talk about him like his is a 6 year vet franchise legend

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post
          I disagree, nothing stupid about his comment. He doesn't like that style of coach, that makes what he said stupid? And the "stick to playing football" comment? What does that even mean, are players not permitted to have a voice on things outside of X and O's? I don't understand.
          I agree with you and Irish mike. The player was asked a question and then gave an honest answer. Disagreeing with him is fine. Telling him to "stick to playing football" isn't fine, considering that talking to the media is part of their job description.
          If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I agree with you and Irish mike. The player was asked a question and then gave an honest answer. Disagreeing with him is fine. Telling him to "stick to playing football" isn't fine, considering that talking to the media is part of their job description.
            Some like the authoritarian approach when it comes to these things. These players are human and they have opinions. The argument that because they make millions of dollars to play football invalidates that right is ridiculous.
            sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
              https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/landon...ate-eli-apple/

Man, this guy is a great player, but every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Stick to playing football Landon!
              As usual.....The Giants lead the league in talking. Now we're commenting on who should be our HC.
              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

As usual.....The Giants lead the league in talking. Now we're commenting on who should be our HC.
                Didnt you know? Landon is a “leader” and his opinion on everything is highly valued by us all.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Didnt you know? Landon is a “leader” and his opinion on everything is highly valued by us all.
                  It's important that we know everything that's rolling around in his head.
                  He's the LaVar Ball of the New York Giants.
                  It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kez Simpson View Post

Some like the authoritarian approach when it comes to these things. These players are human and they have opinions. The argument that because they make millions of dollars to play football invalidates that right is ridiculous.
                    His opinion isn’t invalid. It’s just useless and if anything, counterproductive. IDGAF and no coach does either about Collins not wanting a “strict environment.”

The players should want a winning environment and it should not matter to them what they need to do to have that.

All this shows is that the commitment to winning isn’t resolute in these guys’ minds. They want to win, but they want to win their way and under the conditions that they like. As a fan I care about winning, not about Collins quality of life. IMO his compensation more ban makes up for any hardships he may suffer from the result of a “strict environment”

its just lame and I will continue to call it out as such.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Saying that he wouldn't like to play in a strict environment like Belichick's is undeniably stupid considering: (1) his team just went 3-13 and Belichick's team is a perennial and historic winner; (2) the Giants' not strict culture this year resulted in a locker room that became an absolute embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

His opinion isn’t invalid. It’s just useless and if anything, counterproductive. IDGAF and no coach does either about Collins not wanting a “strict environment.”

The players should want a winning environment and it should not matter to them what they need to do to have that.

All this shows is that the commitment to winning isn’t resolute in these guys’ minds. They want to win, but they want to win their way and under the conditions that they like. As a fan I care about winning, not about Collins quality of life. IMO his compensation more ban makes up for any hardships he may suffer from the result of a “strict environment”

its just lame and I will continue to call it out as such.
                        If his opinion was useless, reporters wouldn't ask for it. I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It's important that we know everything that's rolling around in his head.
                          He's the LaVar Ball of the New York Giants.
                          what a horrible take.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

If his opinion was useless, reporters wouldn't ask for it. I'm just saying.
                            lol ... you really believe that?

Reporters want sound bites and click bait ... they couldn't care less about usefulness ....

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Saying that he wouldn't like to play in a strict environment like Belichick's is undeniably stupid considering: (1) his team just went 3-13 and Belichick's team is a perennial and historic winner; (2) the Giants' not strict culture this year resulted in a locker room that became an absolute embarrassment.
                              It is just his opinion and preference. I don't agree with him either BTW.

Comment

Working...
                              X