Shut Up Landon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

Ok. To label Apple as a quitter from an armchair is foolish and uninformed but to comment on Collins leadership skills from that same armchair isn’t.

Got it.
    Lmfao
    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Collins needs to stop talking and work on his cover skills. There bad! He can be a good player but his voice is getting old. He can talk more when he is compared to Ronnie Lott. Until then his opinion doesn't mean anything. Gezz his D crapped the bed this year. His unit!!!!
      Why do some of you keep on insisting that he shuts up? Part of his job is speaking to media. You dont have to like or agree with what he says, but telling him to shut up is not right. Honestly, I think it is a breath of fresh air that athletes are being more honest. I may not like what they say, but I like hearing things other than coachspeak or playerspeak.

Comment

First he said Apple was a cancer, now he wants him on the team. Stick with your instincts.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
          What did he say that was stupid? Don't just read the headline. He said things with Apple can be mended. He also said that he played for Saban which runs a strict system similar to Bill and has spoken to players that play for Bill and would not like to be in that strict environment. That isn't stupid and even Tom Brady has grown tired of it.

He did not say he at any point that he would rather have Apple than Belichick.
          What he said was that he doesn’t like strict systems, which means he doesn’t like disciplinarian coaches, which means he doesn’t like discipline, which counts as a really stupid thing to say, in my book!!!!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

We wanted a vocal leader...Oh well.

As long as he doesn't beef with ODB or Elisha
            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
              Why do some of you keep on insisting that he shuts up? Part of his job is speaking to media. You dont have to like or agree with what he says, but telling him to shut up is not right. Honestly, I think it is a breath of fresh air that athletes are being more honest. I may not like what they say, but I like hearing things other than coachspeak or playerspeak.
              Some of these same people roasted Mac and Reese for shutting the media out. They will complain about anything.

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
              What he said was that he doesn’t like strict systems, which means he doesn’t like disciplinarian coaches, which means he doesn’t like discipline, which counts as a really stupid thing to say, in my book!!!!
              Not liking Bill Belichick/Nick Saban "controlling every little detail super strict" systems is not even remotely close to not liking discipline. Go read what former players say about having been in that system and how much they disliked it. This same stuff was said about Parcells and Coughlin and most coaches from that school.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                Saying that he wouldn't like to play in a strict environment like Belichick's is undeniably stupid considering: (1) his team just went 3-13 and Belichick's team is a perennial and historic winner; (2) the Giants' not strict culture this year resulted in a locker room that became an absolute embarrassment.
                Most players don't like Belichicks strictness, but they like the winning. That is actually exactly what he said. Even when TC came here they said the same thing about him. If I remember correctly he lightened up a bit and then we beat those Pats in the Super Bowl...twice. There is a middle ground, you don't have to be super strict and you can still win.
                "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Most players don't like Belichicks strictness, but they like the winning. That is actually exactly what he said. Even when TC came here they said the same thing about him. If I remember correctly he lightened up a bit and then we beat those Pats in the Super Bowl...twice. There is a middle ground, you don't have to be super strict and you can still win.
                  From what I witnessed . This team fundamentally lacks Discipline. It would be good to see that aspect back again . Don't think Dave does not see all of this. What goes on in the next 8 weeks may raise a few eye brows. I do not think anyone is a "too important to trade" player.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

How about this is a compromise? He just stop saying really stupid ****....

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                      From what I witnessed . This team fundamentally lacks Discipline. It would be good to see that aspect back again . Don't think Dave does not see all of this. What goes on in the next 8 weeks may raise a few eye brows. I do not think anyone is a "too important to trade" player.
                      I agree 100% this team lacked discipline, they also quit on their coach which was clear early on. It doesn't make Collins saying he does like that system a "really stupid" thing to say. He didn't say he won't play for a strict coach, or this team needs a lackadaisical coach; he just said he played for Saban and didn't like that approach. This is something echoed by many people.

Aside from his quote and to further discussion, I think we need some more disciplined than Ben Mac. We don't have to go to the extreme end of the spectrum, but someone has to reign in this team.
                      "Next man up"

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

I started by totally defending Collins since he has NOT been a yap your flap player for us.
                        If he was that upset with Apple, I said he should be heard.
                        That early shot at Apple seems to have evolved into an infatuation with weighing in on all kinds of things, like we care.
                        I would be terribly disappointed if he is turning into Pugh's successor in that regard.
                        The Schwartz is strong with this one.

Comment

His comment on Saban seems ill-advised to me for this reason- IF Saban were to be the next HC of the NYG, Collin's comments will have planted a seed for potential team conflict.
                          Of course LC has the right to feel this way, but he should not have stated it publicly, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

How about this is a compromise? He just stop saying really stupid ****....
                            Deal!!

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

The Schwartz is strong with this one.
                              The Schwartz is the first Giant I ever remember thinking that a player who is out injured, which is to say not showing up to play on Sunday, had a right to be the team spokesman on any topic whatsoever. This particular line of crap did seem to begin with him. I hope to God that Collins hasn't contracted that disease.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

He didn't say he won't play for a strict coach, or this team needs a lackadaisical coach; he just said he played for Saban and didn't like that approach. This is something echoed by many people.
                                Earth to Landon. That "type" of coach just won his 5th national championship in 9 years.
                                I remember after Parcells left and I read article after article about how players loved Ray Handley because he treated them like adults and they were glad to be rid of Bill Parcells.

It is about results. Football players for the most part don't fully grasp what it takes to get 60+ guys on the same page week in and week out to put the team in a position to win and win big.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X