Shut Up Landon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    Some of these same people roasted Mac and Reese for shutting the media out. They will complain about anything.

Not liking Bill Belichick/Nick Saban "controlling every little detail super strict" systems is not even remotely close to not liking discipline. Go read what former players say about having been in that system and how much they disliked it. This same stuff was said about Parcells and Coughlin and most coaches from that school.

Never heard one player from the Parcells years, ever complain that BP was too strict! Thatís just flat out baloney!
    And in those years, players had to answer to the leaders in the locker room if they screwed up or slacked off.
    Giants held Giants accountable back then.
    It was a stupid thing for him to say, because heís already let it be known, that heíll be a problem, should they end up hiring a no nonsense HC!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

I agree 100% this team lacked discipline, they also quit on their coach which was clear early on. It doesn't make Collins saying he does like that system a "really stupid" thing to say. He didn't say he won't play for a strict coach, or this team needs a lackadaisical coach; he just said he played for Saban and didn't like that approach. This is something echoed by many people.

Aside from his quote and to further discussion, I think we need some more disciplined than Ben Mac. We don't have to go to the extreme end of the spectrum, but someone has to reign in this team.
      The stupid part is he made it public.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        Football players for the most part don't fully grasp what it takes to get 60+ guys on the same page week in and week out to put the team in a position to win and win big.
        So professional football players don't grasp what it takes to succeed but random fans on this message board do? Got it.

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
        Never heard one player from the Parcells years, ever complain that BP was too strict! Thatís just flat out baloney!
        And in those years, players had to answer to the leaders in the locker room if they screwed up or slacked off.
        Giants held Giants accountable back then.
        It was a stupid thing for him to say, because heís already let it be known, that heíll be a problem, should they end up hiring a no nonsense HC!
        Parcells coached more than just the Giants.
        Collins did not even insinuate that he would be a problem. You guys are making **** up in your heads now.

Originally posted by TEM View Post

The stupid part is he made it public.
        Fair enough. But by this token everything said to the media is stupid. You know as well as I do that when players/coaches/GMs on this team talk like Bill Belichick people here roast them. Now a guy answers a question and bam he is a moron somehow lol. The response to this is pretty over the top is all I'm saying.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
        "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

What did he say that was stupid? Don't just read the headline. He said things with Apple can be mended. He also said that he played for Saban which runs a strict system similar to Bill and has spoken to players that play for Bill and would not like to be in that strict environment. That isn't stupid and even Tom Brady has grown tired of it.

He did not say he at any point that he would rather have Apple than Belichick.
          Brady is an over rated child benefitting from Bills system. That system has made literally every single qb look like a pro bowler.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
            https://nypost.com/2018/01/08/landon...ate-eli-apple/
            Man, this guy is a great player, but every time he opens his mouth he says something stupid. Stick to playing football Landon!
            he does not say something stupid "every time" he opens his mouth. Lets not get carried away,
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

So professional football players don't grasp what it takes to succeed but random fans on this message board do? Got it.

Parcells coached more than just the Giants.
              Collins did not even insinuate that he would be a problem. You guys are making **** up in your heads now.

Fair enough. But by this token everything said to the media is stupid. You know as well as I do that when players/coaches/GMs on this team talk like Bill Belichick people here roast them. Now a guy answers a question and bam he is a moron somehow lol. The response to this is pretty over the top is all I'm saying.

Im not the one who said that Collins hates playing in really strict systems....Collins did!
              If he made it public that he hates it, itís a fair guess that he wonít be a happy camper if a disciplinarian is hired.
              They already hired a no nonsense GM, who said he will restore the culture of the Giants. Not that heíd LIKE to restore it......that he WILL restore it!
              Im not making up jack ****, Iím just sizing up the situation based on what came out of the horseís mouth. The horse in this case being Collins himself.
              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

And could we stop with the nonsense that ďrandom fansĒ arenít qualified to critique ďpro athletesĒ. I donít have to have played in the NFL to know when someone on a pro team says or does something stupid!
                Im a rational human being, which makes me more than qualified to give an opinion on a pro athleteís words and actions.
                I acknowledge that Iím not qualified , and promise never to lecture Collins on how to cover a receiver!
                Was I required to be an expert on explosives or a physician to opine on the stupidity of JPPís mishandling of fireworks?
                Last edited by bigblue58; 01-10-2018, 08:04 AM.
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Why do some of you keep on insisting that he shuts up? Part of his job is speaking to media. You dont have to like or agree with what he says, but telling him to shut up is not right. Honestly, I think it is a breath of fresh air that athletes are being more honest. I may not like what they say, but I like hearing things other than coachspeak or playerspeak.
                  I have no problem with him talking but it needs to be in the locker room or behind closed doors. Calling out your team or teammate to the media creates unnecessary problems. Let him talk to the coaches his teammates or directly to Apple but give the media very little.
                  sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Actually, keep it up Landon, one of the few players we have who's actually developing into a leader and having the stones to call out a teammate who's acting like an ***

Comment

• Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
                      Actually, keep it up Landon, one of the few players we have who's actually developing into a leader and having the stones to call out a teammate who's acting like an ***
                      that's not the issue. The problem is telling the media instead of him directly to his face or at a meeting with his D coach. Giving the media fuel to cause problems for a team with many other problems doesn't make sense. Give the media very little.
                      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Brady is an over rated child benefitting from Bills system. That system has made literally every single qb look like a pro bowler.
                        I get that you might not like Brady but doesn't he deserve some credit for being in 7 SBs and winning 5?

Comment

We all agree that Apple should be called out for acting like he did, most of us want it done in the locker room, not in the papers. Part of leadership is discretion.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Hilarious. Funniest thing I've read all week
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Yeah, that's not leadership at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

he does not say something stupid "every time" he opens his mouth. Lets not get carried away,
                                Um, you took that literally? Ok, I agree with you then.

I'm guessing that sometimes he opens his mouth just to eat or to yawn, or for a dental exam ....

Comment

Working...
                                X