Shut Up Landon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Brady is an over rated child benefitting from Bills system. That system has made literally every single qb look like a pro bowler.
    eh ... ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Roswell View Post

I get that you might not like Brady but doesn't he deserve some credit for being in 7 SBs and winning 5?
      Absolutely. He is one of the best QBs in history. No Doubt.
      1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, that's not leadership at all.
        It just doesn't fit your own idea of what leadership is supposed to be.

Why in Gods name does it get you guys so upset and pissed off when a player speaks to the media about stuff like this? You wanted more access to these guys, and now you've got it......and it's been almost non stop complaining ever since.

This whole thing about "keep it in the locker room" is so overblown. I'm 100% sure that every locker room has internal battles every single week, and yet, the teams dont wind up destroyed by it. Its only when some fans get ahold of it that creates the drama.
        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
          Im not making up jack ****,
          "He let it be known that he will be a problem"

That is completely making things up. In fact he has praised Gettleman and his no nonsense approach and never even alluded to becoming a problem child if a certain coach is brought in. He literally just said he was in that system and didn't like it.

I have been in the military since 99. I went to bootcamp and they had tons of discipline and turned me into a man and I'm grateful for it. If my boss now said that he is bringing in drill instructors to tighten things up at work I would not like it. It doesn't mean I'm an ******* or ungrateful or hate discipline, I just would not like THAT level of it. I really don't understand why people can't comprehend that.

Also lets be honest Bill and Nick Saban are not walking in the door to coach this team. Not liking what Collins said does not make it stupid. If this is what we have to complain about then I guess we are ok.
          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

It just doesn't fit your own idea of what leadership is supposed to be.

Why in Gods name does it get you guys so upset and pissed off when a player speaks to the media about stuff like this? You wanted more access to these guys, and now you've got it......and it's been almost non stop complaining ever since.

This whole thing about "keep it in the locker room" is so overblown. I'm 100% sure that every locker room has internal battles every single week, and yet, the teams dont wind up destroyed by it. Its only when some fans get ahold of it that creates the drama.
            This post makes no sense. You say that “"keep it in the locker room is so overblown"” but then you admit that a team’s internal battles only result in drama when the fans get ahold of it.

How did it work out when Apple and Collins communicated through the media? Didn’'t Collins have to be restrained from beating the **** out of Apple?

If you think that leaders criticize teammates in the media rather than speaking to them privately, face-to-face, then you have a very odd view of leadership.
            Last edited by TCHOF; 01-10-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

This post makes no sense. You say that “keep it in the locker room is so overblown” but then you admit that a team’s internal battles only result in drama when the fans get ahold of it.

How did it work out when Apple and Collins communicated through the media? Didn’t Collins have to be restrained from beating the **** out of Apple?

if you think that leaders criticize teammates in the media rather than speaking to them privately, face-to-face, then you have a very odd view of leadership.

How many times have we ever heard of NE teammates mouthing off to the media about there team, coach or player?
              Its very rare and I can't remember that, maybe you do. Basically you don't air out your dirty laundry in public. Why is this so hard to understand. And yes mouthing off to the media isn't IMO leadership. I agree.
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

• Someone ask Landon what happened vs St Louis?

Comment

• In the book The Art Of War, by Sun Tzu, leadership is described as having 5 components. Discipline, Intelligence, Trustworthiness, Courage and Humaneness.

Reliance on intelligence alone results in rebelliousness.
                  Reliance on humaneness alone results in weakness.
                  Fixation on trust results in folly.
                  Dependence on strength results in violence.
                  Excessive discipline leads to cruelty.

Maybe Sun Tzu should be the coach? He's dead but is still teaching a valuable lesson....

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                    Someone ask Landon what happened vs St Louis?
                    Los Angeles......
                    If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

How many times have we ever heard of NE teammates mouthing off to the media about there team, coach or player?
                      Its very rare and I can't remember that, maybe you do. Basically you don't air out your dirty laundry in public. Why is this so hard to understand. And yes mouthing off to the media isn't IMO leadership. I agree.
                      Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have no problem with him talking but it needs to be in the locker room or behind closed doors. Calling out your team or teammate to the media creates unnecessary problems. Let him talk to the coaches his teammates or directly to Apple but give the media very little.
                        I dont get why people care about what the media is talking or writing about. If you are a player and you are sensitive to the media, you are thin skinned IMO. Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I do not mind Collins publicly criticizing Apple, especially considering how Apple publicly cheered for a Dallas Cowboys player DURING a game against the Giants. I also don't blame him for criticizing the oline, which is a sub par group. However, he better be able to handle it if a teammate offers his rebuttal publicly.
                        Last edited by SG88; 01-10-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Different strokes for different folks.
                          Sly and the family stone!
                          sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

This post makes no sense. You say that “"keep it in the locker room is so overblown"” but then you admit that a team’s internal battles only result in drama when the fans get ahold of it.

How did it work out when Apple and Collins communicated through the media? Didn’'t Collins have to be restrained from beating the **** out of Apple?

If you think that leaders criticize teammates in the media rather than speaking to them privately, face-to-face, then you have a very odd view of leadership.
                            +1

Comment

Um, you took that literally? Ok, I agree with you then.

I'm guessing that sometimes he opens his mouth just to eat or to yawn, or for a dental exam ....
                              he certainly has not said enough things in the media that have been seen as negative to earn the comment of "every thing" he says.
                              Literal or just figuratively.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                he certainly has not said enough things in the media that have been seen as negative to earn the comment of "every thing" he says.
                                Literal or just figuratively.
                                Maybe not, but he's had a pretty good run lately though, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X