Kudos to you...Rhett Ellison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos to you...Rhett Ellison

Rhett Ellison was the only Giant on the roster with double digit catches and zero dropped passes. This team really seems to have an issue catching passes in 2017 but Ellison was targeted 34 times and didn't drop a single pass. I think he is a good combo with Engram who lead the team in catches, yards, TDs (and drops). I think TE went from a big weakness to a strength of this offense. Hope we get more of that next year.

Cheers.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

+1
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

i was surprised at his hands i knew he could block well .nice pick up reese

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
        Rhett Ellison was the only Giant on the roster with double digit catches and zero dropped passes. This team really seems to have an issue catching passes in 2017 but Ellison was targeted 34 times and didn't drop a single pass. I think he is a good combo with Engram who lead the team in catches, yards, TDs (and drops). I think TE went from a big weakness to a strength of this offense. Hope we get more of that next year.

Cheers.
        Wow, didn't know that, but yeah he really stepped up when his name was called at the end of the season, made some nice plays with his oppurtunities.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure he dropped at least one pass.

Comment

Good thing McAdoo had him riding the pines all season!
            Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
              I'm pretty sure he dropped at least one pass.
              You're right but it was a bad pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                I liked what I saw of him in pre-season. Then, he's mostly invisible for 10 games. It looks like yet another guy was misused by the coaching staff.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

I liked what I saw of him in pre-season. Then, he's mostly invisible for 10 games. It looks like yet another guy was misused by the coaching staff.
                  Would gallman be on that misused list
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
                    Good thing McAdoo had him riding the pines all season!
                    one more feather in BM's cap...

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

Absolutely! He is a very good all around solid player. Now the money he got was a bit much but he and Engram are a very good combo with a double TE set.
                      Why? because they both can catch and Ellison can block and I believe with continued work Engram will be a good blocker as well. Finally some TE's for the Giants. Go Giants!
                      sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        Reese definitely deserves credit for Ellison...excellent signing...too bad he was under utilized in Mcadoo's scheme

Comment

Completely overpaid. Another one of JR's gems.
                          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                          Garrett Bolles - OT
                          David Njoku - TE
                          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Great backup TE, love the guy as a player, did not love the contract. Too much money for what he brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by PMcC View Post
                              Great backup TE, love the guy as a player, did not love the contract. Too much money for what he brings to the table.
                              +1, particularly when you consider the other glaring needs we had. The money could've been used elsewhere.
                              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                              Garrett Bolles - OT
                              David Njoku - TE
                              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Working...
                              X