God I miss Kareem Mckenzie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timmytimm3 View Post

Fluker was a good pickup. I wish MacAdoo played him all year...
    Think he'll stay and not demand too much $? I know he'd like to

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue15 View Post

Think he'll stay and not demand too much $? I know he'd like to
      I'd sign Fluker and Jones. Not sure about Pugh with his injury history.
      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

MacKenzie, Seubert, O’Hara all FAs. I expect a similar approach because clearly the draft can not be counted upon

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
          Maybe its jsut me, maybe its more than just me, I always took for granted some of the good o-lines the gaints have had in the past, after these past 5 years, I never will again.
          Think about Tiki Barber also.

The last complete back we had. Can run, catch and pass block. Bradshaw was like that but too oft injured to be consistent like Barber.

Comment

It was a great unit all around. To think we went in a span of what? 10 years from being arguably the best o line in the league to one of the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
              It was a great unit all around. To think we went in a span of what? 10 years from being arguably the best o line in the league to one of the worst.
              I wouldn't say great all-around. They played great complimentary football. The play calling fit them well for a while. It also helps when you have blocking tight ends, not to mention a 250 lb running back chipping out the backfield.
              Emperor Tom

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

We all probably miss every good Giant OL we've ever had. All 3 ( Mckenzie, Burress, Pierce) of those FA we picked up that year contributed mightily to a championship and many fond memories.
                I took it for granted that the Line would always be better then most in the NFL.
                Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

The last complete back we had. Can run, catch and pass block. Bradshaw was like that but too oft injured to be consistent like Barber.
                  It's unfortunate that Eli played with Tiki for only a few years. People forget that Tiki had a great shot at being MVP in 2005 if it weren't for Barber's third twin up in Seattle. Tiki imo was easily a top 5 player his last 2 seasons in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarBear56 View Post
                    Did a great job for years,, kept mouth shut and kicked butt. What this team would do to have another RT like him.
                    I think it's more like: "God, I miss [the days where we had serviceable lineman that gave the QB time to throw]" As I recall, this board wasn't too happy with Kareem McKensie during his last year or so. Same with Jumbo Elliott.

Not for nothing - I think Eli probably misses him too.

Comment

I really liked Kevin Boothe, always seemed to step up when called upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                        Versatile player, could play guard and center in a pinch.
                        Was a smart player too, went to Cornell.

Comment

Bradshaw, all heart.
                          Barber, gutless, heartless quitter with a fumbling problem.

Barber shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post as Bleeding Blue Bradshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoGoGo View Post

Bradshaw, all heart.
                            Barber, gutless, heartless quitter with a fumbling problem.

Barber shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post as Bleeding Blue Bradshaw.
                            Sarcasm? Trolling? Ignorance?

Comment

Sarcasm? Trolling? Ignorance?
                              Serious.
                              Nope.
                              If you announce in mid season you are retiring because the coach who made you has taken your love of the game, you are a heartless, gutless quitter. Super Bowl won the very next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                                He suited up which many here don't seem to be capable of. He was not a star but he showed up and played competently. Someone like him would fill 2 or 3 slots on the current OL.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X