Should Landon Collins be a LB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Landon Collins be a LB?

His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Yes... Our 215 lbs safety should play LB in a 43 defense...

Comment

If you want to see him get rag dolled by OL every game, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
        Hes better at playing the run than most LB's, but why waste him there? he absolutely can cover and cover well. This isn't 1980 where we need 250 pound linebackers.

We played more 2 high/quarters coverage than anything else. He's not Ed Reed or Earl Thomas playing single high but we dont need him to be. Thats not where he wins. His coverage/anticipation on underneath routes is exceptional

Comment

I was under the impression that he had a bad ankle for a good part of the season. He was fine in coverage his second year. I think that people are overthinking this.

Comment

No, move on.Brad VanPelt he is not!

Comment

Give him a reliable FS and let him shine
              "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

2x Pro Bowl and 1x All Pro Safety! Safe to say that Landon Collins is a Safety. We could use a upgrade at Free Safety though because neither Thompson or Adams look like the Long Term Answer.

Comment

No chance lol

Comment

If he was terrible in coverage and never progressed it'd be worth a try like Mark Barron, but he's an amazing Safety already so no reason.

Comment

He's actually good in coverage, his problem is that he's over aggressive and as a result has slight mental errors that cost him. But he has all the physical tools to be great in coverage every season like he was in 2016.

Comment

Why take a player that's very good at what he does and turn him int something he isn't? I don't like the idea

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post

Why take a player that's very good at what he does and turn him int something he isn't? I don't like the idea
                          Yeah.
                          I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
                            Yes... Our 215 lbs safety should play LB in a 43 defense...

LOL - occasional DE too.

Comment

Lol people laughing at the suggestion we make into a Will. But nothing is more laughable than him in coverage. And let's be real, he didn't deserve to be in the pro bowl this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X