Should Landon Collins be a LB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Maybe we can try the towel boy at kicker too!

Ya know that's a great idea. Glad to see your getting creative in your old age.
    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Maybe we can try the towel boy at kicker too!

or at WR!
      https://youtu.be/0etQ744o2O4

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
        We're back to this?????

Comment

I don't know if he is big enough but maybe a weakside Lber instead of the Sam Lber. Blitzer and freedom to roam a little. I honestly don't know if it's realistic or pie in the sky dreams. Maybe were stronger with him being the 8th man in the box vs the run. Though this year and his rookie year were awful watching him in coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
            I don't know if he is big enough but maybe a weakside Lber instead of the Sam Lber. Blitzer and freedom to roam a little. I honestly don't know if it's realistic or pie in the sky dreams. Maybe were stronger with him being the 8th man in the box vs the run. Though this year and his rookie year were awful watching him in coverage.
            That's all I'm saying Rich. If his coverage skills don't pick up he will be a liability with the pass. And the league passes a lot today.
            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

That's all I'm saying Rich. If his coverage skills don't pick up he will be a liability with the pass. And the league passes a lot today.
              Martin I'd give him a shot but then do we expose ourselves and become weaker taking him out of the safety position. I would bet it's been talked about.

Comment

His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
                Would it keep him quiet??
                It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

We traded up and gave away draft picks for a tweener. Typical Reese move.
                  I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
                    You mean an "All-Pro" tweener.....Right?

Wasn't he third last year in defensive player of the year?
                    It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

If he is used correctly he can be, and has been, a real good safety, I would leave him there. He could certainly bulk up and be the size of some small LBs, but I'd rather see him down in the box, and nailing RBs and TEs. That's his game, and he is very good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You mean an "All-Pro" tweener.....Right?

Wasn't he third last year in defensive player of the year?
                        He can certainly lay the thump in the box. Great tackling safety but his coverage skills are questionable. The 5 INTs he had in 2016 look like an anomaly, considering he only has 3 INT total 2015,2017 combined.
                        I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

No, Landon Collins is basically our Troy Polamalu. He relies on his instincts and athleticism to anticipate plays and try to make game changing plays. Sometimes that will lead to him getting beat, which is why I agree he needs a strong coverage FS behind him, but when he makes the right read he makes tide turning plays.
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                            No, Landon Collins is basically our Troy Polamalu. He relies on his instincts and athleticism to anticipate plays and try to make game changing plays. Sometimes that will lead to him getting beat, which is why I agree he needs a strong coverage FS behind him, but when he makes the right read he makes tide turning plays.
                            It will be interesting to see if Patricia is the hire how he will plan to unleash Collins.

Comment

Why donít we just trade him for a LB??....

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
                                You dont know what you're looking at.

Why are people thinking that Collins cant cover? Collins can cover better than most safeties. Which safeties are better than him in coverage? there are some but that list is very, very small.

Does he have CB cover skills? no, but he has damn good skills for a safety.

Comment

Working...
                                X