No announcement yet.

Should Landon Collins be a LB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overblown.....his coverage skills are ok for a SS.
    Also at LB he would have to fight off blocks.
    he is a damn good SS and will continue to be
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Landon is one of the best SS in the league

he also has fantastic closing speed and is basically a coach on the field ... everything you want at the position

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

You dont know what you're looking at.

Why are people thinking that Collins cant cover? Collins can cover better than most safeties. Which safeties are better than him in coverage? there are some but that list is very, very small.

Does he have CB cover skills? no, but he has damn good skills for a safety.
        Maybe I'm putting too much weight into his rookie year. Pro Football Focus has him rated very high the past 2 seasons but I know a lot of people on these boards laugh at that website.
        I may not believe in a higher power but I believe in Elisha Nelson Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingb50 View Post
          Why donít we just trade him for a LB??....
          I like being an instigator. There no way I would put him at LB! He's a SS for sure but he needs to work on his cover skills.
          sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Don't worry I will make sure I don't do that.
            Thanks. I feel much better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

He can certainly lay the thump in the box. Great tackling safety but his coverage skills are questionable. The 5 INTs he had in 2016 look like an anomaly, considering he only has 3 INT total 2015,2017 combined.
              He's a strong safety. They aren't generally good cover guys.
              He's a fine player and worthy a early first round pick let alone a second rounder.
              It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

He can certainly lay the thump in the box. Great tackling safety but his coverage skills are questionable. The 5 INTs he had in 2016 look like an anomaly, considering he only has 3 INT total 2015,2017 combined.
                While there is skill in getting an int, some of it defintley has to do with being at the right place at the right time.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

He was a rookie in 2015. He's fine where he is right now.

Comment

Maybe I'm putting too much weight into his rookie year. Pro Football Focus has him rated very high the past 2 seasons but I know a lot of people on these boards laugh at that website.
                    Yes you are putting too much weight into his rookie year. No one should really complain with Reese moving up the draft to get him. One of Reese's best picks as GM.

Comment

My intent by this thread was not to switch him to a LB but to get a reaction from the board to the fact that Collins is weak at coverage. Some can say he will be fine once they get a real good free safety. I don't think it will matter that much as he is what he is. He will give up big plays for the Giants! Why? because his cover skills are not great and this a big passing league with faster WR's and QB's with stronger arms. Collins should have not been in the pro-bowl this year. Don't get more wrong he is great moving downhill but he is not a complete safety whether or strong or free.
                      I donít agree that ďhe is what he isĒ, because it implies that he canít get any better, which is nonsense!
                      With more experience and proper coaching, Collins can absolutely get better.
                      Working on his game more and running his mouth less would be a step in the right direction!!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

CC Brown is better than Landon Collions. Too bad Jerry Reese let him go

Comment

His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
                          Cover skills ar weak? Cover skills for Landon Collins are non existent. That being stated, he is a very good strong safety that seemed to have something a little off, maybe an injury in 2017 that affected his performance.
                          Last edited by MagillasMango; 01-12-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

I donít agree that ďhe is what he isĒ, because it implies that he canít get any better, which is nonsense!
                            With more experience and proper coaching, Collins can absolutely get better.
                            Working on his game more and running his mouth less would be a step in the right direction!!
                            Fair enough! Lets hope that area improves. And yes a little less mouth would be better served.
                            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Landon is not going to be able to cover a guy like Ertz 1 on 1. There arent many safeties that can. But the idea he is not good in coverage is just false. He usually executes his assignment very well. But he does not have a good FS next to him in Thompson. If the rumors of DRC moving to FS are true, watch how good Landon will be next year.

Comment

I can't believe that so many people are suggesting that we essentially make one of our strongest positions on defense weaker by moving landon to linebacker? Hey our WR core is stronger than our RBs, lets move Odell to RB to give the unit a boost too. WTF are you all smoking

Comment

Working...
                                X