Should Landon Collins be a LB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

It will be interesting to see if Patricia is the hire how he will plan to unleash Collins.
    Agreed, it's not always easy to harness a player like Collins.

Spags has a history of this with his strong safeties. He had a similar set-up with Gibril Wilson and Butler. Wilson made a ton of tackles and splash plays while Butler basically prevented anytime from taking the top off the defense and covered up when Wilson missread the play.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      His cover skills are weak but he is strong in the box. Lots of people say he is a great player but IMO he isn't a complete safety at all. Maybe he is best suited as a LB.
      Are you serious about this question? If you are my answer is not only NO but HELL NO. Why in the world would you want to move one of the best Safties in this league to LB? I know our LBers SUCK but not only would our LB'ers still suck but our Safeties would suck too

His cover Skills are "WEAK" really, that is news to me. How many Pick Sixes does he have? He has good cover skills and has good range and speed. What exactly do you consider good cover skills for a safety?
      Last edited by couchcoach100; 01-12-2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

He would have to get bigger and stronger in order to be a lb.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

So let's say you pair him with the best free saftey in the league. But then the play calls for Landin to cover the deep pass for whatever reason... how does that help Landin? This is the NFL. You can't hide bad coverage players. Teams are gonna find the weakness. I shouldn't even say going to because they already have, multiple times. A pass rush could help though. Remember when jpp got over 10 sacks in a season.
          Then you fire your worthless DC and and hire someone that understands the value of putting players in positions to be successful. You're asking a what if scenario based on incompetence from the coaching staff and acting like it's Landons fault?

You're logic is so flawed. You don't understand this game or league.
          Last edited by AGiantDynasty; 01-13-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGiantDynasty View Post

Then you fire your worthless DC and and hire someone that understands the value of putting players in positions to be successful. You're asking a what if scenario based on incompetence from the coaching staff and acting like it's Landons fault?

You're logic is so flawed. You don't understand this game or league.
            Landin should learn how to cover better. It's all great that he can make a big hit here and there. I would give up the big hit anyday for preventing the deep pass.
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Should Beckham be a tight end? He's not the deep threat he used to be (probably never was).

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post

He can certainly lay the thump in the box. Great tackling safety but his coverage skills are questionable. The 5 INTs he had in 2016 look like an anomaly, considering he only has 3 INT total 2015,2017 combined.
                Ints are going to come and go for a player stevie brown had 9??
                Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

Working...
                X