Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a position change be in Giants' Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a position change be in Giants' Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's future?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been around long enough to understand that his $8.5 million cap hit for next season makes him a target if new general manager Dave Gettlemanwants to save money. But the 31-year-old Rodgers-Cromartie is also savvy enough to know that his versatility makes him a valuable asset.

With that in mind, Rodgers-Cromartie is open to moving to free safety next season.

"Hey baby, you can put me anywhere as long as I play and get on that field a little bit, I don't mind," Rodgers-Cromartie said last week. "Free safety, strong safety, linebacker - it doesn't matter. I'm just trying to be out there."

It's impossible to know how the Giants' personnel will be deployed next season until a new coach is hired. But Rodgers-Cromartie is the type of talent that will give any coach options.

The 10th-year veteran hasn't shown any signs of decline, earning a second-team All-Pro selection as a slot cornerback in 2016. But his playing time dipped to 59.4 percent of the defensive snaps last season as the Giants managed his workload.

The Giants sprinkled Rodgers-Cromartie in at free safety, which seems like a natural fit due to his speed and ball-hawking ability. It's not uncommon for cornerbacks to move to safety later in their careers, as Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson famously made the transition successfully." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

DRC would make a great center fielder.

Comment

I like it. DRC is an impact player. If he is healthy, we certainly want him on the field.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me. He has the speed, the instincts and the smarts.

Comment

Big fan of this idea.
          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I love the idea

BUT..... Andrew Adams played well back there, and im still not ready to give up on Darian Thompson
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

He already has been plying he jackknife plenty. Seen him at safety a lot. Even LB here and there. He’s. Really good player and Spags used him especially well in 2016.

when he went down in the playoff game vs GB That’s when Rogers was able to go to town. Because the unpredictability and versatility was lost

Comment

Minkah has that spot, drc can stay put. He would be good at it though
                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

“I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. … He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.”

Comment

But he doesn't like contact.
                  Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    I love the idea

BUT..... Andrew Adams played well back there, and im still not ready to give up on Darian Thompson
                    The new coaching staff will not give favoritism based on draft position. I think Adams could beat him out.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

The new coaching staff will not give favoritism based on draft position. I think Adams could beat him out.
                      ... May tne best man win
                      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

The best part of an entirely new regime is ZERO connection to these players.

There will actually be competition in camp and we won't have undeserved starters named from day one like Thompson, Perkins and Flowers.

Comment

Was always a fan of DRC. Seems like a good guy off the field and a team player.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
                            DRC would make a great center fielder.
                            Originally posted by fletch842 View Post
                            I like it. DRC is an impact player. If he is healthy, we certainly want him on the field.
                            Originally posted by Roswell View Post
                            Sounds like a great idea to me. He has the speed, the instincts and the smarts.
                            Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
                            Big fan of this idea.
                            Yup

Yes

a-ha

agreed

I'd like to see this too DRC has the skills to do this, and be really good.

Comment

Moving DRC to safety is crazy. He isn't built to handle the run responsibilities at his age.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X