Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a position change be in Giants' Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Moving DRC to safety is crazy. He isn't built to handle the run responsibilities at his age.
    Free safety doesn't nearly have the run responsibilities of a strong safety. Even has less run responsibility than the cornerback.

Comment

and you want him near the play as often as possible. he can outrun everyone if he gets his hands on the ball.

drc is and always has been a game changer.

Comment

I didn't realize we were so deep at CB we can just move DRC to FS

what's wrong with LC and Adams back there they played well together before Adams was removed for JRs varsity draft pick

Adams should've never lost his spot

keep DRC at CB who knows WTF is going to happen with Apple next season.

unless this means they are targeting CB in the early rounds of the draft I don't see why moving DRC makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post

Free safety doesn't nearly have the run responsibilities of a strong safety. Even has less run responsibility than the cornerback.
          Safety, whether it's free or strong, is the last line of defense in the run game. A run can easily get past the first 2 levels of defense and be on the FREE in a heartbeat. I played Safety up thru college. Run is ALWAYS your responsibility. Free & Strong are only alignments. Collins or Thompson can easily line up at Strong, back out into Free presnap and still have outside-in run responsibilities. The positions are interchangeable at any given time bro.

After seeing DRCs tackling this season I wouldn't trust him back there, regardless of his ball-hawking skills. Give me a James Butler type of Safety any day. Sound in the run and ALWAYS in the proper coverage to mitigate QB passes in his direction. Not necessarily a ball-hawk guy, but a guy that almost NEVER abandons his responsibilities.
          Last edited by Rush4Blitz2; 01-13-2018, 10:54 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
            I love the idea

BUT..... Andrew Adams played well back there, and im still not ready to give up on Darian Thompson
            I agree, DRC would be terrific at FS in my opinion, he could cover deep for Collins. Thompson was invisible most of the season. Adams should have started imo anyway after his play 2 seasons ago.

Comment

He would not be the first older corner to transition to safety. Would be a good move for DRC.

Comment

I love the idea

BUT..... Andrew Adams played well back there, and im still not ready to give up on Darian Thompson
                If Patricia is the guy, I wouldn’t be too worried. In New England, McCourty was on the field 97% of the time, Chung was 88%, Duron Harmon was 66%, and Jordan Richards was 26%.

Comment

I love the idea

that's one of the big problems on this team. Andrew Adams played pretty damn well back there in 2016 yet we give the spot to Darian Thompson just because he was a draft pick. It's no coincidence that the pass defense significantly declined.

Comment

Working...
                  X