No announcement yet.

Adam Henry becomes third Giants’ assistant coach to find new team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. funny when us mortals post something like this in TAGF it gets sent packing to another forum in minutes to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. G-Man View Post
      Lets get patricia and mcdaniels and have the first ever tandum head coaches. =p
      Though before my time, I think we pretty much had that back when we had Lombardi as our OC and Tom Landry as our DC.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

LOL post of the year candidate. HC by committee love the inventive thought process. I could see the media going berserk with the hint of one little disagreement between the 2.
        Haha innovation has always been the name of the game and fortunate favors the bold.

If it's a figure-head needed to remedy this proposition, we can always grab a homeless guy off the street, dress him up in a hoody with the sleeves cut off and a fake headset to give 5 word post game press conferences so patricia and mcdaniels can focus on their sides of the ball. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Though before my time, I think we pretty much had that back when we had Lombardi as our OC and Tom Landry as our DC.
          Hey, let's go old skool then. And honestly, its pretty much the same thing as any team where the HC calls plays for one side of the ball.

Comment

I'm glad the WRs coach is gone. Judging from the Sight & Sounds videos he never liked Cruz and would always have something smart to say to him. It seemed like none of the WRs like him or showed him respect. Just my 2 cents.
            sigpic

Comment

watch the performance of the dbs in coverage. They need work.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                watch the performance of the dbs in coverage. They need work.
                I absolutely hate that they don't teach the db's to turn and look for the ball in flight. It cancels out opportunity for a pick and exponentially raises probability for pass interference.

Comment

Lol
                  Talk about “Don’t let the door hit u in the *** on the way out!”
                  "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                    Yet Quinn is still here. He clearly has something on the owners. Naked pics or something.......
                    I understand why no one has hired him. He has a terrible coaching resume.
                    I don't have any idea on why we have not released him yet.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I absolutely hate that they don't teach the db's to turn and look for the ball in flight. It cancels out opportunity for a pick and exponentially raises probability for pass interference.
                      You is so right.

Comment

We either draft really stupid players which should shame our scouts (that is easy to figure out on top 5 round picks) or the coaching staff is sub-par.....or both.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post

We either draft really stupid players which should shame our scouts (that is easy to figure out on top 5 round picks) or the coaching staff is sub-par.....or both.
                          I heard Spags say in an interview that he coaches his db's to punch the ball out as wr's raise their hands to catch it. I've liked Spags but definitely not when it comes to that. Qb's throw so many balls that have potential to be picked if only guys turn their heads, and I'm talking super easy interceptions at that. Those turnovers could change games and even seasons for that matter.

Comment

I heard Spags say in an interview that he coaches his db's to punch the ball out as wr's raise their hands to catch it. I've liked Spags but definitely not when it comes to that. Qb's throw so many balls that have potential to be picked if only guys turn their heads, and I'm talking super easy interceptions at that. Those turnovers could change games and even seasons for that matter.
                            You make playing CB sound easy. It's not. Yes, there are times you need to look for the ball but there are also times when that's the worst thing to do. I played CB in high school and could get away with looking at the QB when covering slower receivers but things happen so fast in the pros that by the time you get into position where it makes sense to look for the ball it's often too late.

http://www.greatcornerback.com/corne...ring-tips.html
                            "The most frequent mistake defensive backs make when covering receivers is looking at the quarterback for the ball as soon as the receiver breaks into his route."

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Hmm. funny when us mortals post something like this in TAGF it gets sent packing to another forum in minutes to die.
                              I noticed that also, I won't usually comment on any of RF posts for that reason. It's like some people like authority, when it suits them. But leave racist and political stuff pass.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

You make playing CB sound easy. It's not. Yes, there are times you need to look for the ball but there are also times when that's the worst thing to do. I played CB in high school and could get away with looking at the QB when covering slower receivers but things happen so fast in the pros that by the time you get into position where it makes sense to look for the ball it's often too late.

http://www.greatcornerback.com/corne...ring-tips.html
                                "The most frequent mistake defensive backs make when covering receivers is looking at the quarterback for the ball as soon as the receiver breaks into his route."
                                I played DE and OL in school and I will agree with you. Physically the toughest task on the field--CB. I'm not sure it is because he's older, or how they are using him--but DRC used to make picks where he KNEW where the ball was going. Although he wasn't necessarily a better DC, Fewell seemed to have his secondaries in both Buffalo and NYG making interceptions. I think the biggest factor in interceptions is pass rush--something that is mostly about "want", and NYG did not have enough of it this past season.

Comment

Working...
                                X