Rosen, Darnold or Allen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosen, Darnold or Allen?

Personally, I want Darnold...but something makes me think Allen is going to move up the list as the draft gets nearer.

Allen if they must but I prefer Barkley to all 3 of these guys

Comment

I don't want this team to sit and wait on another QB for 2-3 years
      if they draft Josh Allen or Sam Darnold they better at least dress t he guy and not have another Davis Webb situation

Comment

Rosens got skills, but i feel like it's much more than that. Eli always had this magical way when games got tight and with comebacks. I see a lot of that in Darnold and then some, great making something out of nothing. They say his OL was complete trash all year. Also for Allen, I've got a weird feeling about him.

Check out this cool story on him. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20717473

Rosen is just a scary prospect to me, I don't want a guy getting concussions all the time or not having the heart and saying crazy things. It's so risky unless we've got the perfect coach for him and can handle him. He is very talented though. But like I said it's always about more than that.
        Last edited by TrueBlue15; 01-12-2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: spell correction

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
          Allen if they must but I prefer Barkley to all 3 of these guys
          Why Barkley? Everyone say Barkley Barkley Barkley no explains why. What has he done this year that was so impressive? His 8 games under 100 yds? 3 games that make up half his yardage? His blatant inconstancy? What makes him a #2 pick?
          The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Why Barkley? Everyone say Barkley Barkley Barkley no explains why. What has he done this year that was so impressive? His 8 games under 100 yds? 3 games that make up half his yardage? His blatant inconstancy? What makes him a #2 pick?
            totally agree, he's a fantastic talent but jim brown couldn't run behind our o-line. plus if you have a shot at a franchise qb you gotta take it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I've watched him play the last 2 years
              the kid is special
              I watched Gurley @ Georgia and Ezekiel @ Ohio State and Saquon Barkley has looked better than both in my humble opinion he's the BEST RB prospect since Adrian Peterson in 2007 and very comparable to a Ladainian Tomlinson coming out of TCU back in 2001
              Or we can take some QB that's probably marginally better than Davis Webb if that

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post

totally agree, he's a fantastic talent but jim brown couldn't run behind our o-line. plus if you have a shot at a franchise qb you gotta take it.
                Oh god this again. If barry sanders and jim Brown ran behind this line they wouldnt avg 1 yard. Bull crap. Darwka avg 4.4 yards and he's really nothing special. Watch zeke run. See how many times he gets contacted at or around the line of scrimmage. Good rb break tackles and use their vison.
                [SIGPIC]

Comment

Pass, pass, pass....Barkley.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                    Pass, pass, pass....Barkley.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by Barneygum View Post
                      Personally, I want Darnold...but something makes me think Allen is going to move up the list as the draft gets nearer.
                      1. Rosen
                      2. Mayfield
                      3. Darnold
                      Allen
                      Barkley

Comment

I would say:

1. Rosen
                        2. Darnold
                        3. Mayfield

Allen should not be a consideration at all unless he is available in round 3, which he will not be.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                          I would say:

1. Rosen
                          2. Darnold
                          3. Mayfield

Allen should not be a consideration at all unless he is available in round 3, which he will not be.

this is likely how i'd have the ranked atm, personally. I may take rosen off my board completely though. To me, i'd trade before taking rosen b/c of concussions as well as attitude. Entitled rather than hungry is a bad recipe for attitude IMO. One can think of johnny manziel when one thinks of rosen. I recall the islanders had a guy with concussions they drafted in their first round and it was a disaster. Not a chance i'd want to take, if i were a GM, personaly.
                          1. Darnold
                          2. Mayfield
                          3. Rosen
                          4. Jackson
                          5. Rudolph
                          6. Allen

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post

I've watched him play the last 2 years
                            the kid is special
                            I watched Gurley @ Georgia and Ezekiel @ Ohio State and Saquon Barkley has looked better than both in my humble opinion he's the BEST RB prospect since Adrian Peterson in 2007 and very comparable to a Ladainian Tomlinson coming out of TCU back in 2001
                            Or we can take some QB that's probably marginally better than Davis Webb if that
                            In what aspect? 35 against Rutgers? 56 against Indiana? 44 against Michigan state ? 47 against Georgia state? 63 Against Michigan state? 77 Against Maryland? I watched him he is no Elliot or Gurley . Show me something in his numbers. Because that is the only thing a RB has.

2.1 a carry against Ohio state?
                            2.5 a carry against Rutgers? ( alone should disqualify him from a #2 overall)

What did you see that I missed he is inconstant that = not good in the NFL.

I will post them again their last seasons in the NCAA.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...1/gamelog/2017

#3 overall pick
                            https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ott-1/gamelog/

#10 overall pick
                            https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ley-1/gamelog/

#10 overall pick
                            https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...rey-1/gamelog/

How is he a justifiable #2 overall

The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

this is likely how i'd have the ranked atm, personally. I may take rosen off my board completely though. To me, i'd trade before taking rosen b/c of concussions as well as attitude. Entitled rather than hungry is a bad recipe for attitude IMO. One can think of johnny manziel when one thinks of rosen. I recall the islanders had a guy with concussions they drafted in their first round and it was a disaster. Not a chance i'd want to take, if i were a GM, personaly.
                              1. Darnold
                              2. Mayfield
                              3. Rosen
                              4. Jackson
                              5. Rudolph
                              6. Allen
                              As far as Rosens injuries, that is something I think they will have to do their due diligence on. I have heard the attitude issues are very overblown. As far as on field play, Rosen is the best imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X