Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rosen, Darnold or Allen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post

    Thats great in theory, until the Jets or someone trades up to 3 after we trade back to 4.
    And the point of that scenario is that 1 of the 2 QBs would still be on the board at 4 so if a team does trade up, we still can get one of them.

    Pick 1 - Josh Allen
    Pick 2 - Barkley
    Pick 3 - Chubb or a trade for a QB
    Pick 4 us - One QB still available.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

      Every QB in every draft has flags lol
      Mayfield . Looked like a typical College 20 personnel air raid QB, Multiple instants of impulsive behavior( character flaws) = huge red flags.

      Rosen in 2016 in a pro style offense 11 and 10 personnel formations. Failed miserably fired OC. 2017 back to College 20 personnel formations success = big red flag.

      Darnold has showed he is sloppy with the ball = reg flag ( but the best of the 3)
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

        Every QB in every draft has flags lol Even Luck had concerns. Goff and Wentz had major concerns. Tom Brady had concerns thats why he fell to the 6th round. Russell Wilson, Drew Brees had flags. Roethlisberger had flags. Eli and Philip both had concerns.

        They all do.
        Agreed, we dont expect to be picking this high anytime soon. The time is now to get one of these guys.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

          Every QB in every draft has flags lol Even Luck had concerns. Goff and Wentz had major concerns. Tom Brady had concerns thats why he fell to the 6th round. Russell Wilson, Drew Brees had flags. Roethlisberger had flags. Eli and Philip both had concerns.

          They all do.
          Willson 3rd round
          Brady 6th round
          Show Lucks , Goff and Wintz, flags the compare to this class . it is more like the 13 and 07 classes.

          Mayfield looks like Geno at Syracuse can hit wide open guys all day cant place the ball into coverage,
          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TEM View Post



            Mayfield looks like Geno at Syracuse can hit wide open guys all day cant place the ball into coverage,
            That is one of the worst comparisons I ever heard of. 1st off, Geno didnt play at Syracuse he played at WV. Secondly, Geno was terrible in college and it showed when he played good teams. He had 2 insanely fast WRs he dumped the ball off to most the time. I knew he was a bust before the Jets drafted him .

            2 completely different QBs in college.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

              Agreed, we dont expect to be picking this high anytime soon. The time is now to get one of these guys.
              Only if they feel one of them is the next franchise QB. Cant do it just to do it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                That is one of the worst comparisons I ever heard of. 1st off, Geno didnt play at Syracuse he played at WV. Secondly, Geno was terrible in college and it showed when he played good teams. He had 2 insanely fast WRs he dumped the ball off to most the time. I knew he was a bust before the Jets drafted him .

                2 completely different QBs in college.
                They look the same I stand by that. Both can hit wide open guy all day . The Rose bowl showed he can not place the ball in a tight window against a good D. He did it once and the other times were and should have been picked.
                Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by TEM View Post

                  They look the same I stand by that. Both can hit wide open guy all day . The Rose bowl showed he can not place the ball in a tight window against a good D. He did it once and the other times were and should have been picked.
                  They dont look anything close to being the same, but I guess everyone can think what they want. You are going off of one game? Against one of the top defenses in college?

                  Geno was a runner. Mayfield is a passer. Geno had terrible accuracy. Mayfield has incredible accuracy. Geno melted under pressure and the blitz. Mayfield was great under it.

                  Im not saying that Baker will be a great QB in the NFL, no one knows. I did like a lot of what I saw though and think he has potential to be a "Tony Romo" type.

                  OF course the off the field stuff is bothering

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                    Only if they feel one of them is the next franchise QB. Cant do it just to do it.
                    These guys are better prospects than most of the guys that came out last year. But it's up to the Giants to do their due diligence on all of them.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                      They dont look anything close to being the same, but I guess everyone can think what they want. You are going off of one game? Against one of the top defenses in college?

                      Geno was a runner. Mayfield is a passer. Geno had terrible accuracy. Mayfield has incredible accuracy. Geno melted under pressure and the blitz. Mayfield was great under it.

                      Im not saying that Baker will be a great QB in the NFL, no one knows. I did like a lot of what I saw though and think he has potential to be a "Tony Romo" type.

                      OF course the off the field stuff is bothering
                      If he could keep his impulsivity to a minimum and hone his tightness in his throws. OK i can get on board with that. Can he preform in a pro style offense. Big ? Wentz is the exception He was able to make the jump.. Most like Mayfield are purely Air Raid shotgun guys. Most do not do well in the NFL. If he can't get under center the D's will have his number.
                      Last edited by TEM; 01-12-2018, 02:17 PM.
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

                        And the point of that scenario is that 1 of the 2 QBs would still be on the board at 4 so if a team does trade up, we still can get one of them.

                        Pick 1 - Josh Allen
                        Pick 2 - Barkley
                        Pick 3 - Chubb or a trade for a QB
                        Pick 4 us - One QB still available.
                        Would absolutely love that. My dream, if we are dead set on getting a QB, is that the colts are in love with a non QB and trade with us. That way we get some added value & still get our guy. then the browns feel the same way at 4...they trade with us again...& there we are with a record haul, after double dipping & still getting our guy, that the FO was set on taking anyway.
                        picture Darnold Rosen or Mayfield + TWO boatloads of added picks!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TEM View Post

                          If he could keep his impulsivity to a minimum and hone his tightness in his throws. OK i can get on board with that. Can he preform in a pro style offense. Big ? Wentz is the exception He was able to make the jump.. Most like Mayfield are purely Air Raid shotgun guys. Most do not do well in the NFL. If he can't get under center the D's will have his number.
                          I watched about 5 or 6 games of Baker this year, including the TCU game which has a good respectable defense. HE showed the ability to be way more than a air raid QB. He scans the field, has patience not to tuck and run, and can find a WR breaking open. He has anticipation on throws (throwing before a receiver breaks a route) and has great accuracy, even on the run. Thats what I saw.

                          I do understand the fact he did play in the BIG 12 will turn people off. I mean, QBs put up ridiculous numbers in that conference and are awful, but I see much more to him than say a Graham Harrell or Bryce Petty.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

                            I watched about 5 or 6 games of Baker this year, including the TCU game which has a good respectable defense. HE showed the ability to be way more than a air raid QB. He scans the field, has patience not to tuck and run, and can find a WR breaking open. He has anticipation on throws (throwing before a receiver breaks a route) and has great accuracy, even on the run. Thats what I saw.

                            I do understand the fact he did play in the BIG 12 will turn people off. I mean, QBs put up ridiculous numbers in that conference and are awful, but I see much more to him than say a Graham Harrell or Bryce Petty.
                            Where he plays is non factor and should no t be. It is how he commands his position. To me he a prototypical Air raider . Can he transition ? that alone not a huge problem add his other issues . Is he a #2? That Georgia D was a window in the second half. Every D in the NFL can and will do more then that.
                            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Allen has the highest ceiling so you obviously put him at the very top of the list. No team wants the QB that is "good enough to be an NFL QB". They want the next QB that will dominate for a generation. Allen has that level of elite intangibles. He talks like the face of the franchise you want and he also has the look too (girls are going to have a crush on Allen. No homo or anything, just telling you the word on the street). He's very tall, nimble on his feet, has a rocket arm, great pocket presence, fantastic throwing delivery. His stock will continue to rise.

                              Weeks before Mayfield won the Heisman I said on these boards: "Watch Baker Mayfield, he is the Heisman contender no one is talking about!". I just saw what he was doing and if he continued, he was on his way to college greatness. The rest is history as they say. When I see Allen I see so much upside that I don't even care about the negatives. The biggest red flag that he has is that he was playing on a team without any receiver talent. He was their best runner too. They called so many running plays for him it was absurd. So the red flag is actually a red flag that means: "Warning, this guy could be the diamond in the rough!".

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TEM View Post

                                Where he plays is non factor and should no t be. It is how he commands his position. To me he a prototypical Air raider . Can he transition ? that alone not a huge problem add his other issues . Is he a #2? That Georgia D was a window in the second half. Every D in the NFL can and will do more then that.
                                I dont think you watched him at all this season.

                                23/35 287 yards 2 TDs 1 INT vs a top college defense.

                                Did you see his TD passes in that game ? Thats what he has shown all year. He scrambles to buy time, then throws accurate passes.



                                It certainly wasnt his best game, but the kid shows he has skills beyond being a "typical air raider".

                                IF he cant handle the blitz and pressure, than why was he ranked the top college QB at doing so?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X